Grants For Citizens / Stop Debiting Account

1 Kearney, MO, United States Review updated:

I have called the company twice to stop this serice and all they say is they can't find my account.They have caused me two overdraft fees at 34.00 apiece. I just want them to stop sending these things and stop billing me.

Comments

• Vi
      14th of May, 2009

i was just wondering what number you called because i cant seem to find one and i have been billed for 34$ as well with out authorizing the charge. i agreed to pay the 1.95 for the stuff to come in the mail and now i am being billed for this and do not know why.

16th of May, 2009

the number is 18663179622 and prepare to wait for hell to freeze over

• 33
      19th of May, 2009

Call your cc provider and have your acct. # changed or you will keep getting these charges. You can protest the existing charges and likely get them removed. There are all kinds of predators out there. If they can get each person to accept one or two charges then they get rich in a few months.

21st of May, 2009

I need to cancel so I'm not charged and I can not get ahold of anyone.

• Me
      30th of May, 2009

I have canceled by phone and email, they totally ignore it. I am going to the bank and putting a block on them.
    This is rediculous. Time for better business Beaurue

• Tr
      2nd of Jun, 2009

This a scam beware. Bank claims that they list higher charge but I have yet to find it.

• Sb
      12th of Jun, 2009

I just called and canceled after being hung up on 2 times!!! I waited on the phone for at least one hour!! what the heck??!! Yup..I say Better Business Beaurue. Terrible..after finally getting someone she said my account was already canceled...I could almost swear she was laughing..Has anyone called and canceled and actually had them quit taking out charges??

• De
      14th of Jun, 2009

the number to cal for grants for citizens is 866 317 9622

• De
      14th of Jun, 2009

the number to call for grants for citizens is 866 317-9622 and immediately cancel cc with bank.

• Im
      15th of Jun, 2009

I tried to cancel before any charges have been debited. Nothing beyond hold music on any phone number from their site. No real company address listed on the domain name registry. I alerted my credit card company to deny all charges as this seems to be a phishing scheme. I am also sending a formal complaint to the Federal Trade Commission. Hopefully this will end before it begins for me. Definitely report this site to the FTC. The more complaints, the more likely an investigation.

15th of Jun, 2009

I had to wait FOREVER to get someone on the phone . After threatening 3 people they told me they would refund my money. We will see if that happens. I also filed a complaint with the FTC. This is a total scam!

• Cw
      16th of Jun, 2009

I just cancelled today! I called the number from my bank statement. I had to wait for a few minutes but they cancelled no questions asked and gave me a confirmation number... The number to call is: 877-379-6527. Good luck! it should be no problem for you to cancel.

• Ts
      17th of Jun, 2009

I was contacted by my bank today to make me aware that my acct. was over drawn and that I should dispute these charges. Which I did immediately after I got off work. But from the sounds of it this may not be the end of this. Wish I'd done a little more research and I have yet to receive the so called product.

• Se
      18th of Jun, 2009

THIS IS FOR ANYBODY WHO GOT CALLED FROM THIS COMPANY. DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT HAVE GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD# . WHAT THEY ARE DOING IS A SCAM. IMMEDIATELY CANCEL OUT YOUR CARDS IF YOU DID AN TRANSACTION. DON'T BOTHER CALLING THE THEM ABOUT CANCELING THE MEMBERSHIP. THEY JUST GIVE YOU THE RUNAROUND.

• Ti
      18th of Jun, 2009

Im so ticked at these people. you cannot get anyone on the phone you cannot cancell and i made a call to my bank so they know about this freud as well. same thing i agreed to the 1.95 but now im in my third day no email no password its bull if these people call you HANG UP!!!

• Va
      19th of Jun, 2009

So, what about the information that they sent? Was it worth the $1.95?

• Va
      19th of Jun, 2009

If it's worth the $1.95, I'll get it using a prepaid visa card that you add money to yourself, and only put enough on it to cover the $.195

• St
      19th of Jun, 2009

I waited 7 minutes for them to finally answer..got the same "3 day trial" offer statement an asked for a refund and to cancel any future charges, (Have already put a disput in with my Credit card company.) waited another 9 minutes (and documented date, time and everything they said) After asking for his supervisor He came back on the line and and said Mark was not available. said SHE then said HE was not available. After asking for Marks last name, he said he doesn't know it !! said they will refund the 39.95 charge and not charge me in the future, and offered me a cancellation code. Before writing that code down I Warned them that I am a Very Effective Complainer, and Will report them to not only the Consumer Affairs Bureau, but also The Attorney Generals Offc., the FTC, and THE MEDIA!!

Plan on doing that right now, Hope this information help you all, as we have to stick together in fighting fraud!!

• Mj
      21st of Jun, 2009

I have been charged $39.95 two months in a row, so I guess I got scammed for a total of $79.90. That is money that I could really use right now. My account will probably be overdrawn due to the matter. I contacted the company and was told that I didn't cancel within my 3 day trial period. I was given an account username and password to access the account online to review it, before they said I could even cancel. I asked to file a dispute and was told that it wasn't necessary. I can't even find a place to long in with the username and password, so I just sent an email to my bank to dispute the charges and hopefully something can be done about this if it is a scam. Has anybody received anything in the mail from these people? Anyone been on the website and actually found something helpful? What steps are recommended when reporting. Anyone have emails or phone numbers to make reports on this scam? MaDonna in Oklahoma

22nd of Jun, 2009

Instead of trying to get ahold of the company, call your bank or credit card company and either have them put a block on your card for Grants for Citizens or they can change your card # so no more charges go through. Of course, this works best it no charges have been put on your account yet, but will keep them from adding more to it.