grants 360 / rip off - debit card theft

1 Hammond, IN, United States Review updated:

After reading an advertising for Government Grants on MSN they advertise this product for $1.95 processing fee you agree to this and then get charged $38.21 for some tax information which as no bearing. I seen the site was a scam and immediately called the phone number [protected] for Grants360 and cancelled. I spoke with a lady named Nickey Kyun or so I was told and given a cancellation confirmation number of 7551927 and was told that it was cancelled and would be refunded. I email Chase bank and told them not to pay this gave them all the information and they told me it would take 3 to 5 business days to clear. They went ahead and paid the debit card after being informed not to. I called Grant360 again and she told me that the subscription was cancelled and then she gave a email address for a refund of refunds@ taxrefundguide.com which is also a scam.

Comments

• Ac
      22nd of Apr, 2009

Once again the unsuspecting joe public has been ripped off by another crook. It must be nice to steal with immunity knowing that most governments and banking instituion won't get involved with small change scams. But I say your day is comming and like all crooks someone will scam you. I wish I could be there to see that happen,

Regards,

Anthony Coop.

• Cl
      3rd of May, 2009

You have no one to blame but yourself.

First: Why are you using a debit card for any Internet purchase. That is foolish as it gives the world access to pull money from your checking account. I have cancelled and destroyed my debit cards. I now use only credit cards where I have full protection. I spent 14 managing banking computer systems and people who use debit cards and allow electronic debits to a demand deposit account are fools.

Second: I looked at the Grants 360 website. They explain the terms in detail. Did you read the fine print? They give you 24 hours to cancel, or you incur the charges of over $95 with a monthly on-going charge.

Hey, the world if full of sharks. Grow a brain, or get eaten. You got eaten. Perhaps there is great value in the lesson you perhaps learned. Read the fine print. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

I admire the Grants 360 people. They've found a way to make tons of money off of ###s. If the ###s would only learn from their own mistakes, we could call the Grants 360 guys important teachers.

28th of May, 2009

Okay, folks I did some research on scams.com boards and I found the company which is advertising this scam bull - you can find it right there on their homepage: http://www.convert2media.com/

Government Grants

Email:
    info@convert2media.com
    Telephone:
    800.689.1260

Here is the email and phone number for the head honcho:
    Direct: 407.704.0522
    Email: ruck@convert2media.com

The same folks are involved with the Easy Google Profits scam securecartcenter.com Beware!

• Ww
      8th of Sep, 2009

d1d receive grant kit, although paid shipping and handling

• Fi
      16th of Sep, 2009

I too was scammed by the Gov. grants. Just be ware that everytime you call to cancel, they cancel and refund you ... but than charge you again a greater amount from another one of their company's. They have many! They keep on charging, and the more you call to cancel, the more they charge. Best advice.. cancel the accounts they are withdrawing from, and then try to settle up.

Rich

• Fo
      16th of Nov, 2009

just wanted to say I have dealt with this crap for years, and crapo is a fool ( or runs scams of his own). there will always be stupid people, but the law shouldn't allow companies to intentionally rip people off and trick them into buying something they don't want through word play and technicalities. Yes always read the fine print, but the fact is even if you want to try they rip you off, by distributing your info to other companies also affiliated with ripping people off...this is a game that cost average people lots of money and should be outlawed like the secret charges from banks and cards that surprise you when they take a small error and triple it for 100% profit.

• Ro
      25th of Nov, 2009

I too was scammed by this company. I do admit I did not read the fine print and I really thought I was just paying shipping & handling to receive a kit. I noticed a charge 4 days later for 79.86 on my card statement & called the number provided to find out what it was for. The customer service rep would not give me the name of the company I was calling but did take my information down, gave me a confirmation #, and assured me I would be refunded my money. I called again today to find out why I still had not been refunded my money & was told that they do not give refunds. I asked to speak to a supervisor & he repeated that they do not refund money & hung up on me. I did call back & received an address: Sarend Services PO Box 22100 East 26 Ave, Aurora, CO 80019. I went to this site to try and obtain information to help defray college costs for my daughter. Now I am out over $80. that I could have used to help purchase books. It really is sad that these sites appear legit. I guess I am just naive to believe that companies wouldn't rip off people who don't have money to begin with.

• Yr
      28th of Dec, 2009

thank u all for making ur complains knowing, because of ur experience and words of discouragement i save my money time and blood presure by not buying this product, i was on my way to buying it but than i met you guys. people who got rip off by any means and talk about it to educate others, are in no way shape or form fools, u guys inexperience just got played upon, life is full of experience not all of them is going to be good, just make sure u learn from all of them. word of mouth is the best way to make a company famous and allso infamous, i encourage u all out there to expose these fake company's out there by speaking, out and letting it be know to mankind what u have experience. sorry is not going to bring your time and money back, but i am sorry u lost ur money, but thank u for saving my money. in a world like this we need JESUS, may god be with you all as u travel thru live's journey. GRANTS 360 according to public experience you are a RIP OFF.I here bye order the public to do there research and read reviews before making any more Purchase.court adjourned. juge inishals Y.R.T

17th of Jan, 2010

Hi. I live in the Uk and this Company has begun advertising on Uk Facebook. Now that I've seen your comments regarding GRANTS 360, it seems likely that someone or maybe even the same people in the United States have begun this same practice in the UK. Certainly all Facebook Members I know will be duly advised.

• De
      18th of Feb, 2010

Thank you for your advice, I was looking informationa about it, for my own home business, now I know that it is another fake advertising, I know the money is not free you have to wotk for it.