Granton Services / Loan fraud

United States, Delaware, Wilmington Review updated:
I dealt with an alleged company, Granton Services who promised me a $20, 000 loan with a securement of $1615 which would be the equivalent of 6 months pmt. I thought this to be fair since I do have mars on my credit report. The loan was to purchase a trailer. After getting papers sent via email and then faxing them back, I transferred the required funds. They chose to use a Moneygram. It was promised that I would get the loan direct deposited in my acct the next day. No such luck and when I called I was told that I needed 6 more months up front as per the lender to get the loan money. I then told them I insisted they refund my money and was reassured I will recieve the money in 30 days via certified check. NO email to back this up and when I asked for it via regular mail he said no, email. These guys are scammers who also deal under the name Essex Lending out of NJ and I want them caught and stopped. I also want my $1615 back since they are crooks in my book. If anyone has any info, please refer to me. We can do this together.

A  9th of Mar, 2009 by
The same thing happened to us. They asked for the securement for a $90, 000 loan so they could release the loan and now we cant get a hold of them. We gave them a $2700 and then they asked for another $2700 because our credit was not very good and then we did that but then we needed to take out an insurance policy through them and we gave them an additional $500. We want our money back too!!! That was suppose to be a security deposit and rent if this loan didnt go through. Now we are gonna be stuck without a place to live!!! We have a 2 year old son and two dogs that we love to death. We dont know what to do we tried so many things. Granton Services in Massechusetts
N  11th of Mar, 2009 by
Same thing happened to me. Te loan securement was for 1070.00. When told that they needed an additional 6 months deposit I demanded my money back. I can't get ahold of them either. I have filed complaiunts with the FBI, Weymouth Police Department, and the Attorney General of Mass.
Don't kiss your cash good-by, don't deal with these crooks!
I have since learned that the agent I was dealing with, a Steven Athill, resides in East Orange, West Orange, or Orange New Jersey. I only wish that I had the time and means to pay this guy a visit. I may not get my money back from him but one could rest assuered, this guy would never defraud anyone else again, understand what I am saying?
A  20th of Apr, 2009 by
The same thing happened to me. I was approved for a $5000 loand and sent in 6 monthly payments of $960. When the money was not in my account the next day, I called and talked to Joseph Collins and he said I needed another 6 month payments in order to be approved and I demanded my money back. He said it would take up to 30 days to process the refund and I did not get anything back. I knew I was scammed when I called directory assistance in MA and she informed be there was on business on the street for the address given on their website. Another bad vibe came to me after I send my money via Moneygram to Canada to an individual instead of a business. I felt so stupid after the fact and after having a few words with Joseph I knew I was scammed. I would like to have my money back and if anyone get any information please email me at love_debra@yahoo.com