Granton Marketing Pte Ltd / Phony company

I joined this company for about a week. Although my last sales was the highest and showed improvement. The sales manager told me that I had not improved and that the leaders has to take care of me. All this was ###! During the training for the first 6 days, one of the leaders told me that sales was not so important the important part was knowing how to sell. At my last day of the 6 day training I was asked to leave, they exploit people and make use of free labor beware! To my surprise one of the leaders who worked there 7 months was also sacked and he was puzzled as his sales was so good. Maybe he wasn't supposed to be given the manager role after 7 mths as promised. Phony company man. Beware!! Or risk working for free!!

Me

Comments

• Ya
      28th of Dec, 2010

Lucky i serached internet and saw this today... I supposed to go for interview tomorrow, guess i willl find an excuse and not turn up for the interview tomorrow. Thanks-a-lot for posting!

• Sc
      10th of Jan, 2011

Thanks for warning others of this experience. I just left the company after spending 4 days there. Although you can see the money everyday cause you're selling the merch, I believed that they won't top up your pay to the promised amt of 1.6k for the 1st mth. They promised CPF contribution on the 2nd mth, plus a pay of 1.8k. But I think if you earn less than 1.6k on your own selling the merch, on the first mth, you'll be asked to leave. I have to say my leader was very sincere in wanting to teach me how to fish, instead of just relying on him to fish for me. But thr were some leaders who look
    wary and unfriendly of new ppl, perhaps cause they know that they might not stay long, so might as well not waste efforts being friends. Also, the weird thing was they told me and another newbie not to
    communicate with each other on the understading that we might affect each other if one of us were to leave. Hmm, why do they seem so afraid of ppl leaving unless they are afraid of us newbies knowing sth? Or if just goes to show that they really do fire ppl if they can't make sales. Another weird thing is, the assist manager encouraged us to work harder, to be promoter and to earn more money, and saying tt he started out just like us, and is now earning $500/day without going outfield(selling merch). So in a mth it's abt 10k at least, the weird thing is all 3 managers tt I see at the office always take the public bus home either on their own or with the other salesmen. Idk, maybe they are just humble bt it's weird.

I think it's gd if you can sell a comfortable number of merch every day but if you can't then must be prepared to be underpaid or fired. I just pity those nice newbies and leaders not knowing what they are in for. Just can only hope tt they can earn as much money as they can in a day so tt if they are fired at least they'll still 'earn'.