GrantMyOffer.com / unauthorized charge

116 North Main StreetGreenville, SC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8642426121

On September 17th, I agreed to buy the cd from Grantmyoffer.com at $1.95 about the differents possibilities to get grants for the government in order to help my business.
I was charged October 14th of an amount of $99.00.
After getting on the order sheet on internet, I read about these $99.00. I did not pay attention, It's my fault.
BUT...on my bank statement, I discover an other charge of $49.95 two weeks later.
For this charge I completely disagree. I did not find any information about this charge on their web site.
I tried six times to call and I stayed on line for an average of 45 minutes with a disk and no answer.
Now I cannot access anymore to the first order page of internet.
When I go to Grantmyoffer.com, I do not find any link about "terms and Conditions".

More GrantMyOffer.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Ti
  12th of Nov, 2008
agreed to pay 1.97 for grant cd was charged 99.00 then 2 weeks later 49.00
Su
  19th of Nov, 2008
I ordered the CD from this company and paid a shipping and handling charge of $1.95. Approximately two weeks later, this company charged my debit card $99.00. I called the number listed (888-255-1241) and after I waited about eight minutes, a representative (Sheila, badge number 280) answered my call. I requested a refund of the $99.00. Sheila told me "there will be no problem refunding the $99.00), and she verified my information. When I told her I had not authorized the charge and that I had not yet opened the CD and would send it back to the company, Sheila told me "there is no charge for the CD. That's what the $1.95 is for. You can keep the CD." She continued that the $99.00 is "the membership charge, at the rate of $49.95 per month." When I told her I did not request a membership in anything, Sheila said that "it's right on the website that you have 14 days from the time you order the CD to discontinue the membership." I responded that, according to the many complaints I found online, nothing on the website says anything about ANY other charges. She had no comment. After a few minutes, she gave me a confirmation number for my refund and said the refund would appear on my account within seven to 14 business days. We'll see. In the meantime, because my only income is SSDI, I am unable to pay my utility bill until the refund arrives.
Ni
  19th of Nov, 2008
You withdraw from my account $99.00
Is not authorize. Please I need to be refound.
Thank you.
Nimia Avalos
Me
  22nd of Nov, 2008
I was charged $99 dollars i knew nothing about also i was recently charged $49 dollars and i did not receive anythnig in the mail.
Me
  28th of Nov, 2008
i ordered a disk for 1.98 and got charged 99.00 on my bank statement and that was christmas money for my kids
  28th of Nov, 2008

GrantMyOffer.com - unauthorized charges to my Discover card
Raven media
2620 s. Maryland Parkway suite #969
Las Vegas zip: 89109
Phone: 1-888-255-1241
grantmyoffer.com

I was first $1.95 for a cd advertised as an aid to finding Government grants. I have no complaint with this charge,
however, since that charge they have charged my Discover
card with additional unauthorization. One on Oct.22, 2008
for $99.oo and one on Nov.6, 2008 for $49.95. Can anyone
help me with this problem? Thankyou. Sincerely,
Robert Britten
Je
  30th of Nov, 2008
I too was enticed to the $1.99 offer for the disk offering to instruct you on how to apply for Federal Grants. NOWHERE on that offer page (Internet), was I EVER advised on the subsequent $99 charge to be filed with my credit card.
TWO WEEKS later!

Per telecon with the company about that $99 charge, the person "strongly" argued that the information concerning the upcoming $99 charge "was on the same page" as the blank spaces for credit card info. Regardless of his insistance, that "page of conditions" was NOT on that page I read carefully & thouroughly before using my credit card!

Of course, the phone rep "offered" to give me the web address NOW so that I could access that page of "conditions" delineating future charges. I declined of course, realizing how easy it is to provide a "page" on the internet by anyone by simply creating one to "click" to access anything!

The best I can figure is that those "conditions" explaining the future hidden, tremendous charges were on another page requiring special accessing by that proverbial "click here for more info"! And that, is not legal informing under current Code laws! Now I understand why they would not talke any other form of payment (viz: check, money order, etc).

I have initiated a formal complaint first with my credit card company, and then with their Secretary of State, and State District Attorney, and would strongly suggest that everyone who has similar complaints also do immediately!
Da
  18th of Dec, 2008
Please be careful when dealing with Mygrantoffer.com
Even when you cancel your membership, they do not cancel with Easy Saver or American Leisure and monies will continue to be deducted from accounts

I am researching to file complaints with BBB
Pa
  20th of Dec, 2008

GrantMyOffer.com - unautherized charges
Ohio

I to was charged 99.00 and another 48.00. It's unbelievable that companies can actually do things like this. You sign up for something that says free, all you have to do is pay shipping costs. $1.95. What a joke, and now my credit card company says that they wont reverse charges because they have proof that they sent me the cd disc. I don't understand it though, because I never saw anything on the website that said you would be charged 99.00 a one time fee and then 48.00 a month after that. I would have never bought it.
Di
  27th of Dec, 2008

GrantMyOffer.com - not refunding unauthorized charges
GrantMyOffer.com
Phone: 1-888-255-1241
grantmyoffer.com

Like all the other stories, hidden charges and can't get anyone to answer the phone. They charged me twice, $99.00. I finally got an answer and got refunded one of the $99.00, now they give me a run around with the other charge. Always 14 days. Fourteen days have came and went, now I'm back to the busy phone signal. The bank is willing to refund overdraft charges IF they replace my money. I'm not a beleiver in sueing, but I think it's time for someone to sue GrantMyOffer.com. This is not right and they know it.
  30th of Dec, 2008
I totally concur with other persons complaining about MyGrant.com. As they have taken their monies they took mine as well and they fail to speak with me on the phone when I have attempted to speak with them. They also charged off a $49.95 charge to another individual which I did speak with, he stated he was not associated with them in any way but he was aware of the company I was speaking of and he gave me the number which appears on my account. I am also filing a complaint.
  2nd of Jan, 2009
I'm having the same problem and it seem to me Discover just doesn't care or is willing to help at all.
Ar
  15th of Jan, 2009

GrantMyOffer.com - DEBIT ON CREDIT CARD $49.95 UNAUTHORIZED
Grant My Offer
GRANTMYOFFER.COM

In searching my credit cards bills i found this company started debiting my card in september 1. 95 again in october $49. 95 and again in november for $49. 95.
I remember receiving a cd on grants but did not authorize them to debit my card for any additional funds. This is a rip off, and i am reporting it to my credit card company again. I haven't even watched the cd!
Arlene, in las vegas, nv january 2009grantmyoffer.com
De
  21st of Jan, 2009

GrantMyOffer.com - Rip off company
Sun City West
Arizona

I have been repeatedly had 49.95 withdrawn out of my checking account and there was no way I would have said they could. Cannot reach any one on the telephone.
Ra
  15th of Feb, 2009
i got charged 99.00 and 49.95 for a cd i never received
i called grantmyoffer and they said they would stop the withdrawal and refund my money but i have yet see any refund back into my checking account
Ma
  4th of Mar, 2009
you did not get my permission to use my credit card.i expect to hear from this site today to hear of my refund.
sAMANTHA mARTIN254-424-4630
Do
  23rd of Mar, 2009
I just got off the phone with Grantmyoffer.com. The lady I spoke to assured me that she would cancel me, so I will be waiting for my cc statement to come in. I also mentioned that they are getting bad reviews and she admitted that she knew about them. It's pretty scarey to know that they are using the federal government to promote this. I sure can't afford bogus charges . The phone number I used #888-255-1241. Good Luck . Donna
Ri
  26th of May, 2009
5/26/09
i was charge $98.04 for the same charge. have call several times.
4/1/09, 4/19/09, 4/23/09, 5/1/09, 5/7/09, 5/15/09
was told that it was being refunded, might take 3 to 5 business days.
still haven't gotten it.
Ch
  28th of May, 2009

GrantMyOffer.com - unauthorized withdrawl
mobilemoneycd.com
Washington

If been charged twice on my checking Debit account for products or services I never authorized. I called the phone number that is listed, provided on my bank statement.. There is never any answer These charges have put my account in over drawn. one for 98.04 and another for 48.16 . This is absolutly incredible. How do I go about getting refunded for these charges? This has never happened to me and I'm at a loss. Thank you
Da
  4th of Jun, 2009

GrantMyOffer.com - not refunded my $99 as said they would
Grantmyoffer.com
Nevada

Here is the sequence of how things happened:

1) Called on March 23rd to cancel-- got cancellation number
2) Called on April 24 to get refund-- got refund confirmation #
said it be refunded and credited to account 3-5 business days.
3)Called again on May 5th--said it now be 3-7 business days for it to be in account-- so should have been here on 5-17-9. It's now June 4th nothing yet!

When called em all i could get was automated man talking saying to come to this site to receive refund! I am trying!!