Grantmembersite.com / Billing

I was called and offered a cd with access to a bunch of grants that could help me with school. They said I would receive an email with my user name and password for grantmembersite.com which I would have free access to for 7 days. I haven't gotten the email and can't get into the site with out this supposed user name and password. I am worried I am going to get charged because the only way to get help is to call [protected] and no one ever picks up. I'm scared. There is going to be a charge on my account for like 40 bucks soon and I don't have it.. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Fi
      2nd of Mar, 2009

yeah ive been on the phone for over an hour trying to cancel it.

my suggestion - go to your bank cancel your check card or credit card - thats what im doing!

• Ar
      3rd of Mar, 2009

I did get charged the 40.00 and I never got the information by email either. I did get the disk, I have not tried to use it yet as I am having computer problems. will come back and comment later about the disk.

• Da
      3rd of Mar, 2009

all they said is that they'd send a cd and all you have to do is pay for shipping charges, right?

the same thing happened to me. call this number: 800-4877-085.

apparently we are automatically subscribed to something i'm not even sure what.
    tell them your complaints and they'll unsubscribe you and refund you your money back.

hope this helps!

• De
      3rd of Mar, 2009

I called the 800.487.7085 number and got through on the second try. The person I talked to was able to tell me that with the first charge of $2.29 for shipping of the CD I was subscribed to three different things at a total cost of $56.85. I had him cancel everything and he gave me comformation numbers that all were canceled. I never received the CD, so he sent me an e-mail download to download the CD which he said would work in about 24 hours. I waiting at this point in time to see if this is true?

4th of Mar, 2009

I experienced the same situtation. The are misleading people. I was offered the opportunity to pay shipping and handling to receive the CD which was supposed to help in applying for Gov't Grants for a charge of $1.99 and was told my seven days trial won't start until I receive the CD, which as of today I haven't, and if I want to continue after the 7 days I needed to call back and then there would be a charge of $39.95 however, today I noticed my account has already been charged $39.95. I immediately called the 877-495-1145 # and after holding forever explained to the person that I was mislead. He said he closed my account and my $ will be credited. I will be checking for that. If that don't come through my bank said after three days I can call and put in a claim, at that time they can credit my account back. I've learned my lesson..be very leery of this company!!!

6th of Mar, 2009
    Grantmembersite.com - False advertising
    My Grant Stie.com
    Chippewa Falls
    Wisconsin

Recently I saw an ad on my home page for Federal and Private Grants that I coul get via CD. I was charged $1.99 and said I would received it in 7 days. Nothing has arrived and I cannot access the website. Also the telephone number was busy everytime I called to cancel. Other memberships were thrown in after the order was complete.

• T9
      9th of Mar, 2009

i want to cancel my account! Don't charge my account any more. Thanks cdf6a

• T9
      9th of Mar, 2009

I want to cancel my membership! Don't take any more money out of my account! Thanks.

• Wi
      10th of Mar, 2009
    Grantmembersite.com - service no good
    grantmembersite CD Grants
    Missouri

I can't talk to anyone, the phone number I was given won't work. I've tryed to cancel my order, but no one answers. I tryed to use the member site for a grant serach. It's very bad. ! It must be a total repoff. I'm sorry I ever tryed it. I'm going to send my complaint to BBB. Check them off your list, and don't ever use them. Bill

• Gr
      21st of Mar, 2009

Yes- the same thing happened to me- Grantmembersite.com is a SCAM!!!

It appears that Grantmembersite.com is based in Nevada.
    I paid $1.95 for the CD and never received it- then found 3 charges on my credit card for $1.95, $39.95 and $7.95 so I called 800-487-7085 and it was a call center in India. They said that when I ordered the CD I ordered these additional services- which is NOT TRUE!! After I ordered the CD for $1.95, I also recieved about 15 unsolicited telemarketer calls from bogus companies telling me that I requested information about "starting a small business"- which is also UNTRUE. And, by the way, after all of this Grantmembersite.com never even mailed me a CD.

You should file a compaint with the FTC about Grantmembersite.com - I just did today!

Good luck, I hope it works out for you :)

• Sc
      2nd of Apr, 2009

I was told that I would receive the free cd that explains the program in 7-10 days. Well it has been 15 days and I still have not received the cd as yet. My credit card has also been charged $39.99 for a program that I don't have. I call to complaint and see why am I being charged for something I didn't received. I was told how sorry they were for the charge and they would reduce the charge for the next month if I gave the program a chance. I'm going to just cancel the membership.

• Do
      17th of May, 2009

this site sucks

• Wa
      29th of May, 2009

I agree with all of you this site is just a way for them to scam you out of money. I purchased the CD in Feb. and just looked at my statement in May and have been charged 39.95, 9.95, and 7.95 each month and I haven't even used the dam thing!I never would have bought the cd if I knew this was going to happen. These people are just CROOKS!

6th of Jun, 2009

I got my cd from the company they sent me a notice that my trial peroid would start on june 01, 2009 I got my cd on 6/06, 2009when I got my cd I immediately called them and canceled my order then i tried my cd because I still had one more day to use it GUESS WHAT THE CD WON'T EVEN OPEN the site.you are looking @ one who got scamed. I'm watching my bank account very closely. BEWARE!!! these people are crooks.

6th of Jun, 2009

these people are robbing you. stay away from them

6th of Jun, 2009

All these statements that I have read confirms that these people are scamming people out of their hard earned money and they are doing it in a legal way something needs to be done!!!

• Ca
      18th of Jun, 2009

! Grant Member Site is a Fraud !

I called 1-800-487-7085
    And spoke with a women in a overseas call center . I never heard of this site and asked why was my checking accnt drafted for $39.95 ?
    She trued to convince me I had joined this site for grants and that a CD was mailed to my address .
    I never received this info and told her to cancel the account and credit my checking account. She said hold and hung up!

I called back spoke to a guy who said his name was " Mike
    I advised him of the previous call, he said he would cancel the account, gave me a cancelation # and would credit the $39.95 to my checking in 10-15 days
    I will see if this happens and try to update the site to let you know ..

Carson in Colorado

• Ru
      8th of Jul, 2009

Could someone please contact me about a story I'm doing on grantmembersite.com

• Th
      1st of Aug, 2009

I have been trying to get a grant for a year and I only been going to a dead end I think its just a scam to get your credit card information!!! Please help someone God Bless You!!!

13th of Jul, 2010

I too am having the same problem. I'm getting nowhere with these people and they just keep charging my debit card even though I have cancelled payment with bank. Any suggestions???...Thanks