Grantmembersite.com / Billing

I was called and offered a cd with access to a bunch of grants that could help me with school. They said I would receive an email with my user name and password for grantmembersite.com which I would have free access to for 7 days. I haven't gotten the email and can't get into the site with out this supposed user name and password. I am worried I am going to get charged because the only way to get help is to call [protected] and no one ever picks up. I'm scared. There is going to be a charge on my account for like 40 bucks soon and I don't have it.. Can anyone help?

N  2nd of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
yeah ive been on the phone for over an hour trying to cancel it.

my suggestion - go to your bank cancel your check card or credit card - thats what im doing!
A  3rd of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I did get charged the 40.00 and I never got the information by email either. I did get the disk, I have not tried to use it yet as I am having computer problems. will come back and comment later about the disk.
N  3rd of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
all they said is that they'd send a cd and all you have to do is pay for shipping charges, right?

the same thing happened to me. call this number: 800-4877-085.

apparently we are automatically subscribed to something i'm not even sure what.
tell them your complaints and they'll unsubscribe you and refund you your money back.

hope this helps!
A  3rd of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I called the 800.487.7085 number and got through on the second try. The person I talked to was able to tell me that with the first charge of $2.29 for shipping of the CD I was subscribed to three different things at a total cost of $56.85. I had him cancel everything and he gave me comformation numbers that all were canceled. I never received the CD, so he sent me an e-mail download to download the CD which he said would work in about 24 hours. I waiting at this point in time to see if this is true?
A  4th of Mar, 2009 by
I experienced the same situtation. The are misleading people. I was offered the opportunity to pay shipping and handling to receive the CD which was supposed to help in applying for Gov't Grants for a charge of $1.99 and was told my seven days trial won't start until I receive the CD, which as of today I haven't, and if I want to continue after the 7 days I needed to call back and then there would be a charge of $39.95 however, today I noticed my account has already been charged $39.95. I immediately called the 877-495-1145 # and after holding forever explained to the person that I was mislead. He said he closed my account and my $ will be credited. I will be checking for that. If that don't come through my bank said after three days I can call and put in a claim, at that time they can credit my account back. I've learned my lesson..be very leery of this company!!!
N  6th of Mar, 2009 by

Grantmembersite.com - False advertising
My Grant Stie.com
Chippewa Falls

Recently I saw an ad on my home page for Federal and Private Grants that I coul get via CD. I was charged $1.99 and said I would received it in 7 days. Nothing has arrived and I cannot access the website. Also the telephone number was busy everytime I called to cancel. Other memberships were thrown in after the order was complete.
A  9th of Mar, 2009 by
i want to cancel my account! Don't charge my account any more. Thanks cdf6a
A  9th of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I want to cancel my membership! Don't take any more money out of my account! Thanks.
N  10th of Mar, 2009 by

Grantmembersite.com - service no good
grantmembersite CD Grants

I can't talk to anyone, the phone number I was given won't work. I've tryed to cancel my order, but no one answers. I tryed to use the member site for a grant serach. It's very bad. ! It must be a total repoff. I'm sorry I ever tryed it. I'm going to send my complaint to BBB. Check them off your list, and don't ever use them. Bill
A  21st of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Yes- the same thing happened to me- Grantmembersite.com is a SCAM!!!

It appears that Grantmembersite.com is based in Nevada.
I paid $1.95 for the CD and never received it- then found 3 charges on my credit card for $1.95, $39.95 and $7.95 so I called 800-487-7085 and it was a call center in India. They said that when I ordered the CD I ordered these additional services- which is NOT TRUE!! After I ordered the CD for $1.95, I also recieved about 15 unsolicited telemarketer calls from bogus companies telling me that I requested information about "starting a small business"- which is also UNTRUE. And, by the way, after all of this Grantmembersite.com never even mailed me a CD.

You should file a compaint with the FTC about Grantmembersite.com - I just did today!

Good luck, I hope it works out for you :)
A  2nd of Apr, 2009 by
I was told that I would receive the free cd that explains the program in 7-10 days. Well it has been 15 days and I still have not received the cd as yet. My credit card has also been charged $39.99 for a program that I don't have. I call to complaint and see why am I being charged for something I didn't received. I was told how sorry they were for the charge and they would reduce the charge for the next month if I gave the program a chance. I'm going to just cancel the membership.
A  17th of May, 2009 by
this site sucks
A  29th of May, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I agree with all of you this site is just a way for them to scam you out of money. I purchased the CD in Feb. and just looked at my statement in May and have been charged 39.95, 9.95, and 7.95 each month and I haven't even used the dam thing!I never would have bought the cd if I knew this was going to happen. These people are just CROOKS!
A  6th of Jun, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I got my cd from the company they sent me a notice that my trial peroid would start on june 01, 2009 I got my cd on 6/06, 2009when I got my cd I immediately called them and canceled my order then i tried my cd because I still had one more day to use it GUESS WHAT THE CD WON'T EVEN OPEN the site.you are looking @ one who got scamed. I'm watching my bank account very closely. BEWARE!!! these people are crooks.
N  6th of Jun, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
these people are robbing you. stay away from them
N  6th of Jun, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
All these statements that I have read confirms that these people are scamming people out of their hard earned money and they are doing it in a legal way something needs to be done!!!
A  18th of Jun, 2009 by
! Grant Member Site is a Fraud !

I called 1-800-487-7085
And spoke with a women in a overseas call center . I never heard of this site and asked why was my checking accnt drafted for $39.95 ?
She trued to convince me I had joined this site for grants and that a CD was mailed to my address .
I never received this info and told her to cancel the account and credit my checking account. She said hold and hung up!

I called back spoke to a guy who said his name was " Mike
I advised him of the previous call, he said he would cancel the account, gave me a cancelation # and would credit the $39.95 to my checking in 10-15 days
I will see if this happens and try to update the site to let you know ..

Carson in Colorado
N  8th of Jul, 2009 by
Could someone please contact me about a story I'm doing on grantmembersite.com
A  1st of Aug, 2009 by
I have been trying to get a grant for a year and I only been going to a dead end I think its just a scam to get your credit card information!!! Please help someone God Bless You!!!
N  13th of Jul, 2010 by
I too am having the same problem. I'm getting nowhere with these people and they just keep charging my debit card even though I have cancelled payment with bank. Any suggestions???...Thanks