Grantline Professional CD / unauthorized payment deduction

1 TX, United States Review updated:

My husband ordered the CD from grantilinepro.com to learn how to get a grant. It said to pay (by credit/debit card) a total of $1.97 for shipping. Yesterday (2/14/09) I noticed a $59.95 withdrawl from our checking account that I did not recognize. I did a bit of researching and found out it was this grantline pro company that took it out of our account, WITHOUT authorization. I called the customer service number (they do NOT answer the phone "Grantline Professional", it is some other company)...[protected] and the lady said that we had 7 days to cancel our SUBSCRIPTION (which we did not opt for any SUBSCRIPTION of any kind) and if we didn't cancel we would be charged a $59.95 fee MONTHLY and that it was clearly written in the terms and conditions...it was NOT ANYWHERE on the site that we could find. If we new this, we would NOT have ordered the CD (for $1.97). Anyway, after a brief conversation with her she finally agreed to cancel our so called "SUBSCRIPTION" and reverse the charges on our bank card. I went to the www.grantlinepro.com site several hours later and it is not a working site. Not sure if it was shut down or what. I am not sure if we will get our money back or if they will continue to charge our card, but we have an attorney just in case. That is our experience with this company...a negative one.

Comments

• Mi
      2nd of Mar, 2009

Hello, this is the manager of Customer Service for this product. I would like to let you know that our Customer Service hours are Monday thru Friday 8AM-5:30PM and the number is 877-317-0193. We do have a 30 day risk free satisfaction Guarantee. So please give us a call and any one of our representatives will be happy to assist you with anything that they can. Also you may cancel by emailing info@verifyourorder.com. Have a great day.