granthelporder.com/www.grantwritingexpress.com / Scam..scam

1 UT, United States Review updated:

This organization is running an internet scam where they advertise a free CD to assist you in obtaining a U.S. Government grant for a $3.95 shipping and handling fee. About a week after, they go back to your credit card and charge an additional $74.95 for What? I also have about 400.00 in fraudulent charges using the same card? from blirrard.com and additional "gaming" sites.. I actually called [protected] and spoke to a Jessica that stated she will refund my charge, and I should be" getting it back in a week or so" we will see? "Jessica" works with a 3rd party calling center that just started taking calls for this business 2 days ago, and mentioned all she has been taking are "refund" calls for this company... Good Luck..

Mo

Comments

• Db
      2nd of Mar, 2009

Actually if you look at the terms on the website it clearly states that they will charge you a monthly fee of $74.99. It is not a scam it is just a business which takes adveatage of stupid people who think you can get something for nothing. If there weren't as many stupid people in the world this company wouldn't be in business!

• Dr
      3rd of Mar, 2009

Dbunjee, your reply is simply insulting.

The fact is there are many government grants available to help with anything from starting a small business, starting or maintaining a nonprofit group, to helping with education expenses. These grants are funded by our tax dollars, so if you've ever held a job and paid taxes, you're not looking for "something for nothing" by applying for said grants. Wanting to learn more about how to access these grants does not make a person stupid.

This site does its best to appear legitimate and (sadly) does a good job of it. The terms are NOT clearly visible on the page where you sign up for the "free" CD, and several people have complained that since signing up for this CD (which many never receive) their credit card information has been passed along to other scam sites.

I'm guessing by your reply that you're employed by this company? Now THAT would be stupid...

• Ol
      13th of Mar, 2009

The same happen to me, i am really upset, they are totally a scam. Please don't order from them, they are going to take your money and never give it back to you. Be really careful with what you order on line. I just spoke to Jessica and she told me that my money was going to be refunded with in 5 days, we see, i ask for a reference but she was not able to give me one, no informacion, no nothing. Please if this has happen to you, put it out there so other people don't have to waste their hard working money to DISCUNTING people that only knows how to still from others!!!

23rd of Mar, 2009

Hi, luckily I read all the complaints and just got done hotlineing my ATM card, at this time they have not tried to get the 74.95. Right now it is just the the time I have to wait for a new one, so thanks for all the info regarding this scam, good God isnt there anyone honest out there anymore. Thanks agai n, JD