grantfunding serch.com / unauthorized bank charges

I ordered a cd from grantfunding.com on or about the 3rd of January 2009, the charge for this cd was only supposed to be $1.00, for shipping and handling, which was deducted immediately through my debit card. Today I come to find a charge, from this company and, without my permission they took $69.95 from my bank account.
I have no number to reach them and don't know how to go about getting my money back, and still to this day I have not recieved and cd from them.

Comments

Ja
  23rd of Feb, 2009

I also, on about, Feb.17, o9, had just checked through some surveys and came across the Grant Funding and the AcaiBerry ads. I read them sure, I admit that, but I have no idea what an AcaiBerry is. Next thing I know I'm getting charged for the GrantFunding $69.95 and for the AcaiBerry $3.97 and a charge of $79.90. I can't get anyone to answer the phone number on my bank statement or an e-mail requesting my money back.These are false charges. I have never recieved anything from either of these people. Can anyone help me. I can't afford these charges.

Bo
  23rd of Feb, 2009

I am in the same boat. I authorized $1.98 for shipping and handling for a free CD which I wanted just for informational purposes on GrantFunding Search.com . I only received the CD 2 days ago and in the meantime this company charged 69.95 on my card so I call them and they say this is a membership fee and that I was given a 7 day trial which I noticed on the web page but I did not use it because I wanted to check out the CD 1st. So I was thinking that I would have to activate this before any charges were applied. The reps at the call center are from India or something and the phone system was so horrible that I could only get garbled information but was successful at at least cancelling this membership yet they had refused to refund me for the unauthorized charges. So after lots of yelling I reported them to the BBB and filed a dispute with my bank. I don't know why there isn't something that can be done to stop these crooks from doing this. Also if you go to the website its a fake set up. It just reloads the same page everytime and nothing changes. I tried to contact them online 2-3 times and the contact page will not send. The government needs to step in and shut these people down. The phone number I used was 1-888-210-2544 (good luck) the address for this company is 2850 Horizon Ridge Parkway, suite 200, Henderson, Nevada 89052. Also check out bbb.com for more info on them.

Ch
  3rd of Mar, 2009

I also just wanted basic information and ordered the CD for $1.98. I do not have the CD or anything else from this GrandFunding Search.com site but now a surprise charge has been made on my credit card for $69.95. I only get a garbled recording on their phone system. I'm sending an email to the support address given but expect to be ignored like others who posted here. These scams have to be stopped!

Ro
  3rd of Mar, 2009

This company is OUTRAGEOUS! I never even ordered anything from them...dont' even know who the heck they are!! Checked my account balance because of a bill coming due and realized there was an unauthorized charge for 1.98 in Febuary and then another unauthorized charge on 3/1 for 69.95. My debit card had been reported lost/stolen and everything is blocked now because of this issue. A formal complaint and claim is also being filed.

Isn't there anything anyone can do about this company? This has to be STOPPED!!!