Grant Writing Express / BAIT and SWITCH internet Scam

1 CA, United States Review updated:

BAIT and SWITCH SCAM! Beware I have lost a total of $105.00 to these scammers! READ the TERMS and CONDITIONS before you order the "FREE CD" (!!) Order page does not match the terms! If you authorized the debit to your account the charge ID shows up at "www.granthelporder.com" and this morning I have one from "myfitness.com" for the same amount as the monthly subscription dues. So it appears that they are changing the company who collects the monies quickly so you have trouble tracking who and what they are doing.

You should be able to cancel your membership by going to the home page (www.grantwritingexpress.com), scroll to the bottom and click on "unscribe" this links you to a page where you can cancel your membership. I did this and recieved an email stating my membership was cancelled and confirmation that no more charges would be applied to my account. I'll know for sure when no more debits hit my account. Good Luck I hope someone takes these guys down.

Go to the FTC and complain, it's easy to do online...

Comments

• Dr
      3rd of Mar, 2009

My experience was exactly the same as yours ... including the additional/recent charge from myfitnessmentor.com (which I had NEVER visited prior to seeing their charge listed on my credit card).
    Both companies include bogus phone numbers.

I filed a complaint with the FTC too, and have cancelled my credit card and disputed the charges. I encourage anyone who's dealt with these folks to do the same ... they're shady as can be & need to be stopped.

• Gl
      4th of Mar, 2009

I paid for shipping and handling and didn, t receive my cd this is a lie.I got a print out for myreceipt.My name is Glenn Moore from Morganfield.

• Ro
      4th of Mar, 2009

I strongly agree with everyone on this board. I paid $3.95 on-line for the CD as well and it never came. Next thing I know, I'm being charged $74.95 for absolutely nothing. I also tried to contact this company several times and kept getting a busy signal. When I finally got the number to go through, it was an automated system asking you to hold. I held for 22 minutes (while at work). The system said I was in line to talk with a representative...but everytime it would update my place in line, my number (place in line) would go up and my wait time got longer with each minute of waiting. I went from caller 80 to caller 89...what is that? The website gives you a bogus address...so you have no idea who to send correspondence to! How can a company charge you for something you never received...for a 7 day period, that should start after the product is received. Well, I'm dealing with my bank to have the charges disputed. This really questions the validity of the program and information that is given...that's if, anyone has actually gotten to use it. I will definitely be reporting this company to the BBB...and I suggest everyone that comes in contact with this company do the same.

9th of Mar, 2009

I agree to every one as well I paid for the same thing and I didn't receive any thing yet. This is crazy why do people have to be the way they are these are people lives they are playing with and it need to be stop. So if there someone out there who can stop all these people from scamming us please help us cause we don't know who to trust any more and that is sad very sad the net not even protected so what can we do to protect are self.