Grant UniversityFraudulent credit card charges

R Review updated:

I went to the Grant University websiteto get information about filing for federal grants. For this information, it said on the site, '' For free cd just pay $1.98 shipping & handeling." there was no mention of any other charges. On 8/15/09 I attempted to make a charge on my credit card and was declined . Upon farther investigation I found that " Grant University " had made a charge of $39.95 on my card which was not autherised. After many attempts to contact "Grant University" and having no success I feel the only thing I can do is to file this complaint to let other people know about the fraudulant charges this company is comitting.

Jul 10, 2008
    Ravena Media
    Surprise
    Arizona
    www.networkagenda.com/

I was charged $2.29 for a CD I never received 06-30-08
    Today, 07-07-08 a charge of $39.95 has been charged to my credit card account for Grant University apparently collected by Raven Media for three accounts I did not apply for or approve.

Jul 11, 2008

YES ! They are complete thieves, bandits, scoundrels and a bunch of other crap that we can't mention !! I tried to cancel for days during my 7 day trial and they did not answer their phone all day long for every consecutive day I called . I would just leave my cell lay there and check it every 20 or 30 minutes and the same recording was going on !! I finally got through to to their mailbox and lit into them, but I could hear them laughing as they extracted my money ( $69.95 ) from their account . I will drive to Vegas, skin their scrotum, pull it over their head, stomp a mud hole in their ### and walk it dry !! I have received absolutely nothing from them !!

Jul 28, 2008

Agree, I feel like an idiot for falling for this. Will be talking with my bank to stop those [censored]ers from taking more money.

Aug 20, 2008

The print is soooo small and they are tricky. Never got the cd either. So far my Credit card compnay got them to credit my $1.98, but I wrote about the small print and that I have never used the account. I will update on progress.

Aug 23, 2008

The print that tells about the 69.95 is written out in words and not dollar sign so it is easily overlooked

• L
      Sep 29, 2008

I was on hold for 30 min, couldn't leave voicemail - mailbox is full. Didn't get refund for $69.95. The terms & conditions: even though they saw I never clicked them, never read them, their rep never said anything about 7 days, they still wouldn't refund. The numbers written in letter, and a cancellation email from them went straight into gmail's spam.

To cancel before the 7 days are up you have to submit the request in WRITING!!! And mail it to them!!! When I logged into their website I couldn't locate 80% of links. The CD I got doesn't seem to work properly!

Is there someplace we can take this to? I know it feels better to rave, Audley did an awesome job, but legally, where can we take this? I went to a web-site off of which I got raving reviews for the grant university, send them an email but it's probably just their marketing department. Any ideas, I am pissed and hate inaction.

Nov 03, 2008

I paid 2.95 for trial CD and never got it. My credit card has now been charged $69.95. The phone number is bogus and no information, like a mailing address can be found. I have been ripped off! I've also had other suspicious charges on my card that information cannot be found. I guess these thieves just sell our CC number to anybody else. The 800 number on your credit card statement usually just rings or you always get an answering machine.

•   Nov 05, 2008
    Grant University - Scam billing
    thegrantuniversity.net

Never received the CD. Found nowhere at their website to enter my login name or password to even try out the service. Thought I'd just lost the $1.98 shipping for the CD. Not so; now have a charge for $69.95 for a service I would not have paid for and cannot use. Calling them was pointless; they're so sorry but 'those are the terms and conditions'.

They offered a replacement CD and 2 free months of access to their site. And that would be beneficial how? As the other poster stated, if it sounded too good to be true... I see that there are a great number of people who have been ripped off by this group.

• C
      Nov 07, 2008

Charged shipping for them send me info with a promise of a grant in 7 days, this has not been received, now i have an email from telling click on sight to the hayward, ca area in can not accessthat

• F

138 E. 12300 S. Ste. C #183
    Draper
    Utah
    thegrantuniversity.net

This is a total scam. You receive no cd in the 7 day trail and no password to enter there sight. The charge you $69.95 for nothing.

• J
      Dec 08, 2008
    Grant University - Scam

I had just signed up for this free software for this grant money. I go to bring up the website and the first thing is see is scam, i think o my god what did i just do, but thankfully it was one of the prepaid visa cards from wal-mart, and i only put enough on it for the shipping and handling so time will tell. But accourding to what i have read and seen so for from everyone else i could have really messed up big time.

Dec 09, 2008
    thegrantuniversity.net

While I had got a call from a woman named Amber Coffman come to find out it was a fake nam. She told me about the business and asked what I was applying for and I told her a personal grant. Then she told me how much I could get and that it cost 1.98 for shipping and handing and I will get the package within 3-7 business days.

So I gave her my information to find out that they were fake when i tried to go to there website to enter the info that she gave me and order to complete the process. I feel very dumb and anger to find out that they were a scam and could take from me. I hope that I could find a way to cancel it and go on with my life.

• L
      Dec 19, 2008

I was surfing the internet looking for information of grants when I ran across this site. I figured $1.98 was nothing to pay for shipping and handling. However I attempted to use the password and user id to start searching grants immediately. I keep getting error messages. I then attempted to call the number listed and kept getting a recorded message. I knew I had been scammed. I contacted my card provider and they removed the charges. I was charged 1.98 and 69.95 for nothing. Don't use this site.

Dec 22, 2008

This made me so angry, its almost christmas time and their call center has their responses ready to go so you know they do these things on a daily basis, i was charged 69.95 and now they refuse to refund me my money. the CD they sent I thought for 2$ was no problem too but that didn't even work... these people know they are WRONG and I feel angry to see how many people they've scammed

Dec 22, 2008
    grant university
    Utah

i just now talked to a lady by the name of' " hannah "and she told me that on the website that it says" u will be charged 69.95 if u do not cancel within 7 days of tyhe purchas.well my theory of it is how can u cancel if u don't even get the stupid product!!! and she told me i couldnt get my refund because it was already too late... i an so heated...!!!

Dec 24, 2008

I cannot believe I got hit by this company. I read the site very carefully at the time I agreed to pay $1.98 for shipping of the 'Free' CD and information. I was charged $69.95 which overdrew my bank account and my bank cannot do anything about this. I did file a report with the Better Business Bureau in Utah. Does anyone know of any place else that we could file a complaint against this company? It is my belief that this company is using deceptive business practices because, although, it is apparently disclosed that there will be a charge of sixty-nine dollars and ninety-five cents if the company truly wanted the consumer to understand this charge wouldn't they have written it $69.95???? Just like they wrote $1.98??? Not One dollar and ninety-eight cents????? Has anyone been able to get their money refunded??

Dec 27, 2008
    grant university
    Indiana

I was ordering a cd with info. on grants for $1.98. I gave my information and then seen where it said there would be a 69.95 fee if not canceled within 7days. So instead of waiting I canceled immediately, or so I thought. My account has been charged twice for 69.95. I continue trying to reach someone but can not get ahold of anyone. I just can't beleive people can get away with theft from so many people and nothing can be done about it.

• M
      Dec 29, 2008
    grantuniversity.com

I ordered a disk to help w/obtaining government grants and was told i would be charged $1.98. I received a statement from my bank and i was charged the initial fee plus a fee of $69.95, which was unauthorized. I have tried to contact the compnay and have had no success. I had to call my bank and file a conplaint of ID Theft. How do i get my money back or stop them from taking more out without having to close my checking acct?

• B
      Dec 30, 2008

Sent a blank c.d. that was supposed to have loads of info on.
    Always told it was only $1.98
    NEVER was I alerted to any other charges.
    $69.00 pulled from my account. Read [redacted] on thses frauds.
    People say they cannot get their money back.
    I live with an attorney for City of Chicago Consumer Fraud and am filing an official.

STAY AWAY FROM GRANT UNIVERISTY AND TELL OTHERS.

Dec 30, 2008

I AM TELLING EVERYONE - DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH GRANT UNIVERSITY!!! THEY ARE NOTHING BUT A RIPOFF!!! THEY HAVE DONE THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER, AND IT IS SO IMPORTANT TO GET THE WORD OUT ABOUT THEM. I GOT THE SAME 69.95 CHARGE ON MY DEBIT CARD, AND I DIDN'T EVEN GET THE CD I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET FOR 1.98. I CALLED REPEATEDLY TO GET THEM TO GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK, BUT THEY GAVE ME SOME SAD SONG ABOUT I CALLED TOO LATE. I HAD CALLED NUMEROUS TIMES, BUT EVERY TIME I RECEIVED A VOICE MAIL OR THE PHONE JUST RANG. THIS IS RIDICULOUS. THEY STOLE FROM ME AND I AM MAD AS HELL. DO NOT BE THEIR NEXT VICTIM!

• D
      Dec 31, 2008
    Grant University - unauthorized bank account withdraw
    the grant university
    California

Total disregard for customers. Ordered free info cd pay only shipping then charged 69.95 on 15th of Dec 08 then another company charged $29.95 on 30th of dec. 08 Can't get through to speak to someone. Left two phone messages which have not been returned.

Jan 08, 2009

I ordered their cd on line. When ordering a pop up box appears asking if you want to be on their ongoing program which is 69.95 per month. I typed in NO THANK YOU twice and closed the pop up box. Within 5 minutes there was a phone call from them.

I specifically asked the guy about the 69.95 thing and he said NO that had nothing to do with them that the cd was just the 1.95 for shipping. He mentioned in addition gift cards (gas, store, etc) would be included but if I didn't want those you could call the numbers on back and cancel that but the cards were yours to keep and use.

Well, the cd didn't even arrive until a day after the 7 day trial period, it wouldn't let me log onto the site and they had already billed my account for 69.95. When I called them the guy basically told me tough beans and they would give me a refund.

At that point I logged onto the [redacted] and found a posting concerning them and how a gentleman had gotten a pro-rated refund. I called them back and told them I just received the cd and it wasn't what I wanted. I told them I knew of the prorated refund and as soon as I mentioned that the lady gave me a refund of 59.95 - I'll live with the 11.00 loss but BEWARE of these people.

I also have not seen any gift cards to date and they have you in some other wealth builders thing too - you have longer to cancel but good luck - when you call you get lousy connection, long winded recording, put on hold forever and then simply disconnected. At this point I guess I have to go and close my accounts and change my banking to avoid their bull s__t billings.

DON'T USE THESE PEOPLE - IT's A SCAM AND IT'S JUNK!!!

Jan 12, 2009
    Grant University - Fraud and unauthorized charges
    Grant University and IPIWBNV
    California

After ordering an informational CD (10/28/08) on receiving Grant money for 1.98 from TGU, I received a phone call welcoming me to the members group. I immediately stated I did not wish to be a "member" and that I only wanted their CD. I expressly informed the called that I did not wish to be charged for anything else. On 11/4 a charge for $69.95 appeared on my Credit card statement. I called TGU and was told it was an error and they would refund the money. I also sent an email with the same request. No refund appeared in my next statement. I attempted to send another email and it bounced - I tried to call and was put on hold, no one ever picked up the cal. On 12/12 a charge for 29.95 appeared on my credit card from an IWB Club LV. I was not aware of this charge until my bank called me this morning (1/12/09), when another charge for the same amount was attempted but refused. This was with IPIWBNV. I have had to put in a fraud claim and close my account. In checking further on the internet I found this website in addition to several other "blog" complaints about Grant University (TGU) and the charges through IWBLV. Additionally I should add that the CD I received did not contain the information I had expected.

Jan 27, 2009
    Grant University - Awful place
    thegrantuniversity.net

When I didn't even ask for great wealth, but was merely seeking a way to WORK my own way into wealth with the POSSIBLE assistance of a grant, this company did the same as those who are complaining to me by first taking approx. $70 from my account (returning it later when kindly/firmly told to do so, ) and now are attempting the same by taking $29.95 through this other company.

I did the same by calling the number but this time they kept me on hold for at least 30 minutes. When the line finally picked up, I could hear the background sounds of a call center, but nobody bothered to speak to me. By this time I was already reading the posts on this web site so at least I wasn't surprised. I said Hello? twice before I was disconnected.

I'd love to have that 800 number.

OH yes, my point in posting is to mention that I was 'introduced' to this wonderful company through MommyBiz.com, supposedly there to honestly help stay-at-home (or divorced or widowed!) mothers?? Now that's more offensive, in my opinion, than the garbage this actually company is pulling.

• C
      Mar 04, 2009
    GRANT UNIVERSITY
    Pennsylvania

LIKE EVERYONE ELSE, I WAS BEAT FOR 69.95. IRONICALLY ENOUGH I NEVER EVEN RECEIVED THE TRIAL DISC I SENT FOR! WHEN I CALL GRANT UNIVERSITY DIRECTLY I GET A WOMAN IN BROKEN ENGLISH FROM THE PHILLIPINES TELL ME I HAD SEVEN DAYS TO CANCEL... CANCEL WHAT!!! I DIDN'T ENROLL IN ANYTHING!!! I WILL BE WORKING TIRELESSLY UNTIL I GET MY MONEY BACK!!! BEWARE, IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR GRANT INFO CONTACT THE GOVERNMENT DIRECTLY.

• D
      Apr 01, 2009
    Grant University - Fraud
    Towson
    Maryland

I made so many mistakes on this that I'm still kicking myself over it. I had ordered the disc that was being offered to help find me grants. It was $69.95. That was my 1st mistake.

Three days later I got a call back from them saying that my call had not been recorded when I placed the order and they needed to take my order again. A big red flag went up. I told them that if they couldn't take the order correctly in the first place I wasn't about to do it again. I told them to cancel my order.

When my bank statement came in I saw that they had charged me anyhow. I let it go for two reasons. One, I felt that it would teach me a lesson and two, I thought that it was a billing cycle that prevented them from getting it out of the system. That was my 2nd mistake.

This month they charged me again. I called them and told them again, that I wanted the account canceled. I explained to them what had happened and that because the charge went through I was charged not only the monthly amount, but it had also caused me an overdraft in my bank account. I told them that I wanted the money back. I was told that they could cancel the account at that moment, but they could not refund me back the money. I was told that even if I asked for a supervisor that I would be told the same thing, but she could schedule a call back from the supervisor and then I could discuss the issue with her at that time. So, I'm out $174.90. The fee for the scam of a service charged to me twice and the overdraft fee that my bank charged me.

There is no way I can afford that! I'm disabled and on a budget that is so tight that it's not even worth putting my money in a wallet!. If there is anyone out there that can help me get the money back or tell me how to file a complaint with a consumer protection agency to get my money back I would greatly appreciate it. Has anyone gotten their money back from this company?

DCMerkle

5388 whitmore dr
    Cincinnati
    Ohio
    Phone: [protected]

Grant University has informatiion online about geting grants and I filled out the applicationl(Oct 08) and expected to get information online about a grant to start a non profit (programs for the homeless). What an idiot I was, I admit I didn't read everything close enough I thought I filled out this app online and they would get in ttouch with me and let me know how the app process should be handled. Well, I realized I didn't know how to use this service (alledged).

Anyway, each month they withdrawal $69.00 froom my bank account, at first, I thought it was just $1.98 for the info. The trusting soul I am, I figured they where looking out for me in regard to the grant application. I recieved nothing, and still they take out fee each month. I have Multiple Sclerosis, and have been in relapsing stage. My son called GU, Firday the 10th to get a refund of those fees. He started handling my bills etc... He made me aware of what GU was doing. What an idiot, as I said. I even incurred overdrawal fees of $150. Anyway, can you help me get my money back and stop them from doing this every month? They told my son they intended to keep withdrawaling fees.. I don't know what is really going on. I can't afford this and my bank is stricked about overdrawals and will close my account if It happens again. P;ease help me

• O
      Apr 13, 2009

Closed your account asap!!! Or if all they have is your bank card information get another one. I sent in the $1.98 expecting info too. Three weeks later I was charged the $69.99 you mention. I reported them to CBS, and ABC because they have their logos on their website.
    I then called my bank and filed a claim against them. My bank settled that for me, bank of America, and then bam a month later I was charged $29.95 from a sister company of theirs. Need more? Go to "/link removed/; There are tons of complaints against them there too. The only thing you can do is close your account or get a new card but it's worth it just to be rid of them. Then please file a complaint with the [redacted] site. A lot of their complaints actually reach the media and these guys need to be stopped. They are ruthless, jackals!

Apr 24, 2009
    Grant University - Unauthorized charges
    grantuniversity.net

I signed up with 'Grant University' on February 28, 2009. I was to receive a free CD for $1.98 (shipping) in 5 to 10 business days. I also was notified of a webcast(by email), to take place on March 5. I confirmed that I would attend the webcast but discovered afterwards that my computer did not meet the 'system requirements' and tried to use the telephone call line instead, to no avail. I was 'not' aware that there would be a charge of $29.95, nor was there any mention of this fee anywhere in the email notification which I printed off for my records. I then decided this program would not work for me and I went on 'Grant University' website and notified them that this program was not what I was looking for and stated that since it had been only 6 days since I signed up I should not be charged $69.95. Unfortunately, they charged my credit card $69.95 and $29.95. They would not take the charges off and now I am having to pay $99.90 for a free CD which I finally received a month after I canceled.

Aug 12, 2009
    Grant University - 22350 E Via Del Rancho Queen Cr, Az
    Queen Creek
    Arizona

I ordered a Grant software for 1.98 and never received the cd. Upon calling to check on my cd, they proceeded to charge my account 69.95 and I have never received the cd or used their services. They are refusing to refund my money. Please help me get my refung.

Aug 12, 2009

This place is running a fraud and scam game on innocent people. They need to be held fully responsible for their actions and go to jail. Thank you.