Grant Search Center / money taken

1 Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:

Ask for a free CD to be sent for 2.29 and was charge 39.58 off my account. When I call and protested, was told TO BAD. I was told I had 7 days after the CD was delivered. Didn't get the CD for 5 days. These guys are a scam and don't care that they are. I WANT CREDITED, DIDN'T WANT THE SERVICE. A SCAM TO THE HIGHEST DEGREE!!!

Comments

• To
      30th of Sep, 2008

If you're not getting any help or response from these guys, you should post them on this site, this is for anyone who has been screwed, ripped off or felt that they had been done wrong. The name of the site is www.uradeadbeat.com, it gives you a voice to the people who will not listen. Not only does the person who you are complaining about receive an email letting them know that they have been put on the deadbeat list (as long as you provide email address) but, they will also receive a post card (as long as you provide a mailing address) notifying them too.

7th of Oct, 2008

I also was taken in by these people. I called a couple of days ago when I checked my bank account and noticed the charge of $39.95. I called and got 3 different confirmation #'s the representative said my account would be credited within 3-5 days. we will see. I called my bank and flagged the transaction.

The Better Business Bureau report on these scam artists is pretty extensive.
    and the fact the Bureau has no evidence of a valid business license on record for this company to even be operating is a huge red flag to not do business with this entity.

they might have 1 more complaint and a possible law suite if things don't pan out.

I'd watch your bank account closely for charges from these people and their associates

the least this company can do is give people the cost up front. with no devious and very questionable practices they are obviously using to sucker people in.

the hour I put in to researching this company today and the amount of negative information researched leads one to belive that the entity has no right as a business to do business with anybody.

and I believe this company should be fined for their actions and misleading practices against the consumer.

my OPINION.

peace out.

• Pa
      14th of Oct, 2008

I was also ripped off!!! to the tune of $59. The man I talked to had the complete company line down pat. No refunds. It's my fault! Do not fall for this scam. I told him I was going to file everywhere I could about their false advertising. This company should be fined and flagged on the internet.

• Wi
      15th of Oct, 2008
    GRANT SEARCH CENTER - rip off for grants
    grant search center
    4370 w 4865 s
    Kearns
    Utah
    Phone: 801-968-0436

i think that these company like this should be checked out by the state and federal government to make they are real good business and not scam artist.
    i called to have my account cancel and requested my money back and they said i didn't do it in timr lotted.
    my credit union was closed for the holiday and didn't see it until the next day.
    i think that all business should do business on the work day where saturdays and sunday are not counted
    i was told that there isn't any grants for individuals only business and places like that.

16th of Oct, 2008

This company is a total scam. I spoke with the manager of the department of cancellations and he basicly told me that I myself and others need to read before we purchase items on the internet, he would not give me his employee ID number or last name would not give me a corporate number to contact and hung up on me after I gave him a few choice words.

• Da
      16th of Oct, 2008

i am going through the same process now these guys ripped me off all i ordered was a free kit for 1.98 i just lost my job and they took money i didnt have and still wont return it wow how can this go on unreal, now i have to pay a penelty also they gotta be stopped dan

• Be
      17th of Oct, 2008

Same here. Ordered a $2 CD and was charged nearly $80. Called to cancel and they talk to me like I'm a child. I checked with the COC and the BBB and they have no record that the company exists, even though the "manager" who always answers the phone says he is "pretty sure" they are registered with both. Even the IRS hasn't heard of them. Go to www.irs.gov and fill out form 3949A to file a fraud complaint against them to launch an IRS investigation!

• Sc
      20th of Oct, 2008

I too was ripped of by this grant research center. This is no need to get into the detail since story has bee told time and time again. What I wanna know is how this company is still allowed to do what they do with all the complaining. Because I'm sure I won't be the last.

23rd of Oct, 2008

I just got ripped off by some Grant Search scam. I got off the phone with a government agency that says #1 Government grant agencies do not charge for services. They tax us instead.
    So if you ever want to buy a program for government grants stop before you spend the money... it is fraud

• La
      23rd of Oct, 2008

i was supposed to get a cd for 1.99 and i was charged 56.95 and that money came out of my money needed to pay my bills !!!

• Do
      25th of Oct, 2008

i have had 2 charges on my cc that i did not authorize i called the card company and they said it would be taken care of even if i have to go to the IRS and the BBB company i will not stand for these charges that has been put on my account one for $59.95 and one for $17.45 so i suggest you have them to credit my account because i already have the papers on the way to take care of this matter from my card company then i will report you as being a fraudulant company so settle this matter asap ... you are a scam and many others will know what you are doing...

• Am
      25th of Oct, 2008

MONEY TAKING OUT OF MY CREDIT CARD FOR 17.45 AND 39.53 TWO MONTH ALREADY I DON'T KNOW WHY I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR ANY MEMSHIP PLEASE CANCELLED MY NAME OUT IF I'M IN YOUR SYSTEM OR I WILL TAKE ACTION. OR CALL ME AT 408-202-1331

• Am
      25th of Oct, 2008

CANCELLED MY ACCOUNT IN YOUR DATA BASE PLEASE DON'T WANT TO CHARGE FOR THIS PAYMENT THAT I NEVER SIGN UP FOR .TWO MONTH ALREADY TAKEN OUT OF MY ACCOUNT NOT HAPPY!!!

• To
      27th of Oct, 2008

We offer our apologies to William. We have checked the records and it shows that you have taken the trail offer on 04 October 2008 and have cancelled on 15 October 2008. You have exceed the trail period by 3 days and hence were charged. You could have cancelled simply by writing an email but have cancelled on the 15th Oct 2008 Wednesday which is one of the working day and not a holiday.

We do our best to disclose this as it is stated on the sales page, the order page, and on the thank you page after placing your order. You can also see that it is disclosed in the Terms and Conditions of the offer. Rest assured, this free trial offer can be cancelled at anytime during the trial periods or anytime thereafter by simply calling (866)-528-6550 (Mon-Fri 9.00AM to 6.00PM CST) or online as outlined. You can also cancel by going to www.grantsc.com

• Sr
      27th of Oct, 2008

I was ripped off too. At first i was charged 1.98 for the cd and today i checked my bank account to find out that they charged 59.98 saying that i didnt cancel my free subscription on time. the guy on the phone said i was one day late in cancelling my subscription.
    what a shame that i was scammed by these idiots.

• Ka
      29th of Oct, 2008

Same here!! I applied for the cd a couple of days ago and was told that I would only be charged 1.98 for shipping and handling...I then go to check my account and they had taken 59.95 without my authrorization. I called and asked for a refund, but the people were complete jerks, and told me they would not refund my money!! It is such a disappointment to try and get help being a single parent and people scam you out of money that you don't even have.

• Tm
      30th of Oct, 2008

I TOO, HAVE THE PROBLEM OF NOT BEING REFUNDED FOR MONIES TAKEN OUT OF MY ACCOUNT WITH OUT MY AUTHORIZATION. I PAID THE 1.98 FOR THE CD AND THEY TOOK 59.95 OUT OF MY ACCOUNT THE NEXT DAY. I DONT HAVE MONEY TO GIVE AWAY LIKE THAT.

I HAVE TRIED REPEATEDLY TO CANCEL THIS TRANSACTION AND I STILL HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO REACH THEM. THIS IS A BIG RIP OFF AND I HOPE THAT SOMEONE DOES SOMETHING ABOUT IT SOON.

ITS A SHAME HOW PEOPLE CAN RIP YOU OFF AND YOU CAN GET ANY JUSTICE.

• Pn
      1st of Nov, 2008

I ordered a cd for 1.98 on 10-17-08. on 10-27-08 my account was charged 59.95 WITHOUT my consent. I would like my money REFUNDED IMMEDIATLEY and no further charges billed to me. THIS MEANS I AM CANCELING ANY ORDER WITH GRANTSC.COM

• Ir
      6th of Nov, 2008

I have a complaint. I thought I was just purchasing a disk. I didn't realize I was also going to be charged $60.00. Then when I called the company I found out I was going to be charged an additional $17. The man told me he would credit me half of the $60 and all of the $17. However, the creditcard company called me this morning and I am only being credited half of the $17. I am a very old lady on medicare and this could ruin my credit. I don't have that kind of money. They put this in such small print I didn't even see it. I thought I was only spending the $1.98 for the disk and then I could decide if I wanted to pursue this. I am going to find out who I can turn this company into and file a formal complaint because this is a real ripoff company. I haven't even opened the disk.

• Re
      7th of Nov, 2008

DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!

The name of the business listed on the BBB website is GRANTS SEARCH CENTER

I urge everyone to file a complaint against them, especially after noting that the BBB could not verify a valid business license for these crooks.

To file a claim with the BBB go to http://www.vegasbbb.org/rptrel.asp?bbbid=78196#bci

Unfortunately, posting info here only allows those of us who have been ripped off to commiserate with each other. It doesn't prevent them from victimizing others.
    File a claim with the BBB as well as with the FTC. They are taking advantage of people who NEED MONEY. Don't let them get you any more!
    Remember, the ONLY FREE MONEY is the MONEY THEY STOLE FROM YOU!