Grant Search Center / said no refund

1 2232 South Nellis BlvdLas Vagas, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-528-6550

went on a website ordered a cd then all of a sudden they took 59.95 that I didn' authorize, they told me when I called [protected] on Monday the 3/03/09 that I had to cancel out to receive a refund. When I called again on 3/05/09, I asked about my refund and they told me that there wasn't going to be a refund that the confirmation number they gave me was just the confirmation to cancel the cd, which I had already received. I think this is just the biggest scam to syeal my money

Comments

• Ru
      3rd of Jun, 2016

I did not see this offer as I bought the disc. Grant Search Center has tried to charge my card, but I use pre-paid debit. If the money is not on my card, anything will be declined. I only prepay when I need to use a card for shopping, etc. This is a great thing!

• Co
      3rd of Jun, 2016

YOU GUYS ARE AFRAUD. THIS SCREEN FOR FREE GOV'T GRANTS POPED UP WHILE LOOOKING UP THE UNEMPLOYMENT AGENCY. NOW THE SCREEN THAT POP UP ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM WHAT I'D SEEN. I APPROVED OF THE 1.99 FOR SHIPPING & HANDLING. THIS WAS AS A SUBSCRIPTION. BESIDE THAT WITHIN 2 DAYS AFTER YOU WITHDRAW $59.99 FROM MY ACCOUNT. I WANT MY MONEY BACK NOW... I CANCELLED MY SUBSCRIPTION AND ANY RELATED TEXT MAILING.

• Ke
      3rd of Jun, 2016

I GOT TAKEN.THESE PEOPLE KEPT CHARGING MY CREDIT CARD AFTER I CANCELLED.THEY ARE FRAUDS.SCAM ARTIST.DON'T LET THEM DO YOU LIKE THEY DID ME. LET'S STOP THIS CRAP.HARD WORKING PEOPLE TRYING TO MAKE A LIVING DON'T NEED THIS CRAP.CALL THE COMPLAINT BOARD

Dear Mike,

Please give us your grant username or order number as we are not able to find your record. Also, the charges that you're refering are very different then ours as we don't charge $41.90. We suggest you to check if you have signed up with grantsearchcenter.com or some other website.

You're also most welcome to call me on 866-528-6550 (Mon-Fri 9.00AM to 6.00PM CST) and I will be keen to help you.

Dear Kenneth,

We offer our apologies. When ordering the free CD Kenneth, you have also signed up for a 7-Day Free Trial to the Grant Search Center membership site, which can help you get Government & Private grants using the tools and strategies inside. After the 7-Day Free Trial period, you continue to enjoy full membership at an affordable $39.53 per month billed automatically to your credit card if you do not cancel. You also agreed to the 14 day bonus trial to Paid Surveys Database for $17.67 a month thereafter, should you choose not to cancel.

We do our best to disclose this as it is stated on the sales page, the order page, and on the thank you page after placing your order. You can also see that it is disclosed in the Terms and Conditions of the offer. Rest assured, this free trial offer can be cancelled at anytime during the trial periods or anytime thereafter by simply calling (866)-528-6550 (Mon-Fri 9.00AM to 6.00PM CST) or online as outlined. You can also cancel by going to www.grantsc.com

We have checked the record which shows that you have still not cancelled your subscription and that is the reason you have been charged. If you wish to cancel or have any questions please call us at 866-528-6550 or you can email us at support@grantsc.com

3rd of Jun, 2016

I agree, I wish I had seen this before they took my money. In the email to Mike from Tom above says the website and phone # are the grant search center. www.grantsc.com is the online address they give you at the number above to resolve this matter.

They were unavailable as I tried to call them several times today.

3rd of Jun, 2016

Please call us (866)-528-6550 (Mon-Fri 9.00AM to 6.00PM CST). Pls. make sure you're calling us on right timings.

• Ro
      3rd of Jun, 2016

What I thought I was signing up for was one CD for shipping and handling. I got hit for 17 bucks one time and a couple of days later $59.95. I told the bank to refuse the claim and investigate.
    I also, canceled the debit card I used, just in case they were bigger crooks than they have already proved them self to be.
    I have e-mailed all my friends to stay away. My email list is a little over 3300 individuals. And told them to email all their friends also. Never know what happens when you screw someone.
    Have the life you should get

• Re

The name of the business listed on the BBB website is GRANTS SEARCH CENTER

I urge everyone to file a complaint against them, especially after noting that the BBB could not verify a valid business license for these crooks.

To file a claim with the BBB go to http://www.vegasbbb.org/rptrel.asp?bbbid=78196#bci

Unfortunately, posting info here only allows those of us who have been ripped off to commiserate with each other. It doesn't prevent them from victimizing others.
    File a claim with the BBB as well as with the FTC. They are taking advantage of people who NEED MONEY. Don't let them get you any more!
    Remember, the ONLY FREE MONEY is the MONEY THEY STOLE FROM YOU!

• Sc
      3rd of Jun, 2016

When your company website has a button that states " Click here for questions regarding un-authorized charges on your account" on the main page, you know you are conducting business with the wrong people. Wish I would have seen it when I was ordering the CD ( which I never recieved ) .

I went through the same situation where I asked for a CD from these people and they charged my account appx 60.00 bucks for monthly fees saying I did not cancel the subscription. I never realized that I signed up for a subscription. I guess that was my oversight for not reading the fine prints, but the audacity of these people to say " If you didn't want to pay for it, you never should have clicked the button" just blows my mind as a business owner myself.

GSC refused to reimburse the money on the basis that I signed up for the service and didn't cancel within the seven day time frame.

My complaint here will not do anything but to help me vent but I hope more people do research before they casually click on a button and give out you credit card info.
    I definitely will.

3rd of Jun, 2016

What I thought was going to be a free grant search CD Rom, and a $1.98 S&H charge, it unknowingly turned into $120.00 of subscription fees, overdraft and continuous overdraft fees charged from my bank. I was unaware of what I was buying into. Please do not be so vague, give your customers a emailed notice at the end of a free introductory service period (7 days) and give them an option if they want to subscribe to the service. Your terms should be clearly stated on your website, not just in the agreement clause, which most people do not read anyhow.

Of course you wouldn't make any money then, would you? You take advantage of people who are researching grant opportunities to better the lives of many in our communities, our non-profit organizations, and people like me looking for small business start-up funds. Your organization is misleading, manipulative, and unlawfull! You all seem like very educated professionals, who took a wrong turn in the career department.

What I plan on doing in the coming months regarding this unfortunate and ignorant act on my part, is to tell everyone, and anyone about what happened to me. These people will include consumer action advocacy's (local broadcast stations in the Pittsburgh area), the better business bureau, consumer protection agencies, my state representative, in my blog on the world wide web, and in person to every individual I know and meet in the future. It will be my goal to protect consumers from misleading and predatory corporations, such as yours, from experiencing what happened to me.

Should you wish to discuss this matter, please respond to this email, and I will provide you with my phone #.

3rd of Jun, 2016

I have just filed a complaint with the BBB. What more should be done to make sure this stops??? Legislation must be passed to protect consumers!!

Dear Rusty,

We apologize as we cannot find your account. We request you to call on on 866-528-6550 (Mon-Fri 9.00AM to 6.00PM CST) and get your account cancel to avoid any further charges.

• Mi
    GRANT SEARCH CENTER - unautherized withdrawl
    grant search center
    2232 south nellis blvd
    Las Vegas
    Nevada

i paid $1.98 for shipping of a compact disc then charged my account for $41.90 now i have an over charge of $25.00

• Rm
    GRANT SEARCH CENTER - They're Frauds an theifs
    Grant Serach Center

Grant Search Center, is a fraud ripoff an a thief. Sell you a CD, that is worthless, doesn't work. Can't reach, gives you a PH.# for Customer Ser. 1-866-528-6560. When they answer they ask for a code which they don't give you to start with! An a # to cancle at 1-800-659-1473. Then you get a recording that tells you to click a Web, that tells you to push the blue button for a live comfrence with a rep from Grant Search Center. They are a FRAUD!, a RIPOFF!, a LIAR!, an a THIE[censored] Do not under any circumstance deal with these people!!! They will steal your money!!!

Dear R.M Hunter,

We would like to help you but with the information you have provided us we cannot find your account. The phone numbers that you’re trying does not belong to us. We request you to call us on 866-528-6550 (Mon-Fri 9.00AM to 6.00PM CST) and get your account cancel to avoid any further charges. You can also send an email to support@grantsc.com along with your login details and a request to cancel your account or you can also cancel by going to www.grantsc.com