Grant Search / Charged $69.00 Wrong!

United States Review updated:
Ronda Lee
PO Box 603
Phone: 206-300-6579
I requested some information for a very minimal amount - $2.o0 or so and got charged $70.00!!!

I had no intention of EVER spending that much for this information!! I demand that you IMMEDIATELY refund the charges!!

I am on a VERY limited income and you just charged an ungodly, unexpected amount that I absolutley did NOT (knowingly) sign up for!!! How dare trick people like this!

Here is the information - I want the funds put back on my card within 10 hours! If I do not hear from you within 10 hours, I will contact my attorney. This is nothing short of fraud!

01 - Card Number manually keyed
Direct Marketing Merchants that sell products and services through mass-marketing brochures

I expect this to be resolved in 10 hours, and I also expect you to contact me with a confirmation of this transaction of $69.95 being refunded to my account!
R. Lee

N  27th of Mar, 2008 by
N  24th of Apr, 2008 by
I checked on Grant assistance, and authorized a one time charge to check it out. They continue to charge me without requesting renewal.
N  5th of May, 2008 by
I started noticing multiple withdrawals on my bank acct but there was no phone # until I guess by some mistake I noticed a phone# on another charge of 7.95 for a company BSM/SBA EXpress @8009862640 and I spoke to two cs Agents one Rene & Carter and after stating my business the call was somehow disconnected. I was on hold for a supervisor with my call to Rene after a 45min hold she came back on the line and she just kept repeating Hello and then she houng up. I was on hold because I was demanding a full refund for all the charges as of 12/07. The withdrawals have been two separate ones for 39.95 & 7.95 a month. I kept telling Rene that I never ordered anything and she kept asking me to recall when I did place the order in Dec. and I kept repeating to her that I never ordered anything and I wanted to know where they got access to my card # and she could not answer and kept asking me to recall when I did.
N  20th of May, 2008 by

Grant Search - I was charged $39.95 on my visa debt card and I did not order this!
6132 Bison Run Loop
Phone: 307-630-1967

The company Grant Search charged me $39.95 for a service I did not order. It was billed to my visa debt card on 5/20/08.
N  17th of Jun, 2008 by
Please cancel all my association with your or your companies. Thank you. J.D.Parsley
N  8th of Jul, 2008 by

Grant Search - Unauthorized billing
401 north front st.
Phone: 419046912

I am getting charged $39.95 out of my checking account. I have no idea what is for and how I got signed up for it. I have no information to contact these people to have to stopped.
A  8th of Jul, 2008 by
I got charged from google money profit to. They are really called Grant Academy. So I called and I got my money back.
N  17th of Jul, 2008 by

Grant Search - charged 39.95 that I didn't authorize
Palm Coast
Phone: 386-503-6460

I have no idea who these poeple are. The info above is my info as I don't have any info on the people that charged my checking account $39.95. Can't find them on the web or anywhere and have received nothing. They also charged me $2.29 for Shhipping and handling.!!!

I will report this to my banks fraud department and hope these scammers are found. I expect to get my money back
N  17th of Jul, 2008 by
I apologize for any misunderstanding regarding the services you've been receiving from our company. There are no commitments with the free product. However, there is a bonus free trial period to membership websites that accompanies the free CD and we do our best to disclose this as it is stated 4 times throughout the ordering process - on the sales page, the order page, the confirmation, it is then also explained in the 1st paragraph of the Terms and Conditions of the offer. We offer the trial periods to give our clients a chance to use the service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it. The trial periods are free for 7-30 days from the order date depending on which bonuses apply. We would not have charged you had you called customer service and canceled during the trial period. It is not our desire to bill clients who do not want the membership after the free trial offer. That is why we have the Terms and Disclosures posted on the sales site directly above or below the "Ship My Kit" Button depending on the site you order from.

Here are the Terms and Disclosures that is directly below or above (depending on the site you order from) the "Ship My Kit" Button.

Terms and Disclosures. By clicking "Submit", I am ordering the Grant Master CD™ and trial membership for $1.29 for Shipping and $1.00 for Handling/Insurance, after the 7 day trial I will be charged $39.95 a month thereafter if I do not cancel. I also agree to the 14 day and 21 day bonus trials to Express Business Funding™ and Network Agenda™ for $7.95 a month and $9.95 a month thereafter, should I choose not to cancel. I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy & Terms & Conditions. Charges will appear on credit/debit statements as "Easgrant1". For questions, call 800-479-0979.

For customer service you may call 800-479-0979 and they'll be happy to assist you.

The Information on our Grant Master CD is general information that you can find for free on the internet. We have gathered the information and put it on an easy to access and navigate CD for your PC. This saves our clients the time and let’s face it frustration of having to search out this information on their own. That is why our Grant Master CD is free and you only pay $2.29 for the Shipping and Handling. Along with the Grant Master CD you receive a 7 day free trial to our Grant Resource Center. This is our members website were you will be able to learn the entire process on how to write and submit a grant proposal. It is easy to start utilizing the Grant Resource Center by simply watching the tutorial videos that explain how to access all of the features on the site. Our team of writers headed by acclaimed Grant expert Dr. Porter provides a monthly cover story that provides the newest information on grants and grant related topics. We also provide a quarterly news letter that provides in-depth information on current trends in government and private funding. As well as the latest financial advice on how to find and manage grant money. You will be able to search grants through multiple grant sources. You can search for Federal, State, and Private Grants you can also search for Scholarships. Another exclusive feature of our Grant Resource center is that you can enroll in the Grant A Day program where a Grant is given out daily. In three easy steps you can apply for the Grant a Day program and you will be eligible for it as long as you are a member of the Grant Resource Center. Here is the link to our testimonials site http://members.ravenmediainc.com/granttestimonials/ were you can read what some of our successful clients had to say about our program. Another feature we offer is our live one on one chat representatives. They are available to answer any questions you have along the way. All these features and more are designed to help you be successful in locating, applying for, and receiving a grant. The information that is offered through the Grant Resource Center website is more extensive than what other companies sell in coaching programs that cost a thousand dollars or more. So we feel that we are offering our clients the best value in the industry. We offer all this for a reasonable monthly fee of $39.95. Ordering our Grant Master CD also includes two fast action bonuses. The first fast action bonus is for Express Business Funding (EBF) which has a 14 day free trial. This program is designed to help customers through each step necessary to obtain a loan for a small business. This includes researching and putting together a business plan, presenting that plan to the SBA, filling out a loan application, and anything else that may be needed along the way. After the trial period, it is a reduced monthly membership fee of $7.95 because you are already a member of another of our programs. The second fast action bonus is a 21 day free trial for Network Agenda an affiliate company. That offers an online date book service that will allow you to keep track of your daily schedule and will even send you reminders to your email and or cell phone. After the 21 day free trial the service is $9.95 a month membership fee. We offer these trial periods to give our clients a chance to use our service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it.

If you are another customer reading this and you can contact our customer service department at 800-479-0979 and they will be happy to assist you. If you've already tried our customer service department and feel like you weren't treated fairly please contact me ASAP and I will address your concern immediately. Please email me at ryanr@wskc.org or call me directly at 435-773-1795 and I would be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

Ryan R.
A  23rd of Jul, 2008 by
I_have_been_charged$119.85_over _a_three_month_period_at_$39.95_per_month._on_credit_card_ending_with_last_four_numbers_"5970"_reference#2621_and GrantResource_reference_number_7984@$64.82_each_month.

William A. Elder and Dorothy J. Donnelly(cardholder_and_owner)
N  27th of Jul, 2008 by

Grant Search - unauthorized money deducted from my debit card
Grant Search

I never enrolled in any programs with grant search. Without my knowledge or consent that entity must have accessed my checking account through an account number that I provided on an internet website.
N  4th of Aug, 2008 by
I applied for Google money profit that did two charges of $1.00 and $1.25 from Grant Academy but then I noticed a $7.95 charge on my debit card from Grantsearch. Where did these charges come from? The two charges from Goolge I expected but thought they say Google not Grant Academy.
N  7th of Aug, 2008 by

Grant Search - charges
3801 Youth Care Lane #55
Phone: 863-382-1672

I keep being charged for something and i dont know what it is . They have been taking 7.95 from my husbands checking account and i cant find any thing out about this charge. Please Help Me.
N  8th of Aug, 2008 by

Grant Search - on line scam
grant search

I was offered a list of government grants available and hardly used. I was to pay only 2.29 for s&h and gave my card number. I never received the dvd but I was charged 9.99 and 7.99 for services I never authorized. I usally do not participate in get rich scams but I bit, hool, line ans sinker. They promised a refund but never got it.
N  11th of Aug, 2008 by
I would like to discuss Renee's concerns with her to insure that she is taken care of. Unfortunately, without a last name or an email address I cannot find her account with the necessary contact information.

First and foremost I offer an apology for the breakdown in service Misty obviously experienced. Our policy is to never charge anyone who is not interested the membership portion of the offer. Clients simply need to follow the instructions to contact customer support at 1-866-370-7270 and express a desire to do so during the free trial period, or anytime thereafter.

If our support staff fails to offer the quality and professionalism that we expect to provide then I would personally like to know about it so that I can resolve the issue in-house so that it doesn't continue to happen. I also guarantee to personally see to it that anyone who has had a negative experience with our staff or company is satisfied. I can be reached on my cell phone at 435-773-1795 or via email at ryanr@wskc.org. Once again, my apologies to Misty. Hopefully, I will hear from her soon so that we can get this resolved.
N  15th of Aug, 2008 by

Grant Search - unauthorized bank withdrawals
grant search
46 Mount Moriah Rd
Phone: 678-377-1303

I received an email about free grant searches on CD Rom and all I had to do is pay the shipping of 8.95.I received a cd that explained nothing and the following month 39.95 has been taken from my bank account. There have been roughly 2 payments so far and my bank can't stop them The withdrawal each month has a 1-800 phone number but it is alwways the wrong number or incomplete. I am unemployed and this 39.95 each month is taking away much needed money.I can't find my original email..
N  19th of Aug, 2008 by
I am really upset with this company, if that's what it is. I ordered the CD and when I got my last credit card statement there was an additional charge for $49.99. In checking the web site, I found where I was supposed to have been notified that this would happen on my confirmation letter. I didn't. I am not a 'happy camper'. At least I haven't be contacted by phone yet, but I am now aware of it and will not accept a phone call from them. I'm 50 dollars down for the "free"? program. I don't think so.
N  26th of Aug, 2008 by
Rip off!
N  27th of Aug, 2008 by
Charges from Grant Search started appearing on my credit card without my having had any contact with this firm. I'm grateful that Citybank's early warning system caught this fraud early on. However, it's a nuisance to have to close one account and open a new one.
N  3rd of Sep, 2008 by

Grant Search - Unauthorized Debits
Grant Master
Cedar Springs

A charge of $1.99 showed up on my debit card statement from “Grant Search.” I called the phone number (800-479-0979) on the statement and the operator said that I had signed up for a 7-day free trial on-line and that I would be charged $39.95 after the trial was over. This company had my name, address, phone number and debit card number. Almost simultaneously, a charge from blockbuster.com appeared for $10.59. I immediately put a block on my card.

On other message boards I read that people having the same problems with this company had the same type of activity with blockbuster.com and vistaprint.com. My wife and I got an email for a free item from vistaprint.com several months ago and placed an order for an address stamp. I am wondering now if there is a connection between vistaprint’s free offer and these charges.

From what I have read, this company appears under many different names; Grant Search, INE Grant Search, Grant Masters, Grant Consultant Links, Grant Academy, Business Funding Solutions and others. I have also noticed that a representative from their company is going on these message boards and is posting a “cut-and-paste, boiler plate” response about the free trial and the person’s ability to cancel at any time. The problem is that most people aren’t even requesting the free trial nor have they even been to their websites.