Grant Resource / Unauthorized monthly charges

United States, Nevada, Henderson Review updated:
Grant Funding Search
2850 Horizon Ridge Parkway
Phone: 888-210-2544
I am very upset with this company. I paid for shipping on 1/24/09 for funding resource that was said to be free on the website. On 1/27/09 they took out the 1.98 that I was well aware of due to the shipping of the FREE cd. On 3/9/09 69.95 was debited from my checking account. I called today 3/13/09 and spoke to Dominque regarding this era and told her I wanted my money back. She put me on hold and told me she asked a supervisior regarding my request. She told me that the money could not be reversed but I could use the website since I already paid for it. I told her 'No' becauase all I wanted was information that was supposed to have cost me 1.98 in shipping and the cd was supposed to be free. I told her I have a bank that would have not problem getting my money back to me but they would come after them for reimbursement and I wanted to keep it between myself and Grand Funding Search. This did not make her change her mind and all I got from her is how sorry she was. She probaly was but the fact of the matter I did not authorize this 69.95 charge and I did call my bank today (USAA BANKING) and did get my money back as I knew they would. This is a sad company and I would not use or refer them to others. I went to the website and saw all these complaints and figured I should share my story. I was one of the lucky ones who did get the money back unlike some others whom are still attempting to get their funds returned to them. I am Military and that 's why I would never leave USAA Banking they are just this good and I can take them with me wherever I go. Grant funding search should be a shame of themselves. Oh and let me add...when I called they told me that I was set up in a subscription and that if I did not call more funds would have been debited. Dominque closed the account out (so she says) I will see if she really did close it or not if my account was debited again next month and I will be back on here telling you all what happened on here again.

N  29th of Jul, 2008 by

Grant Resource - Unbelievable
turned in no company
414 west maple street
Cambridge City
Phone: 7654786120

on 7-22-2008 i ordered a disc from grant resource for two dollors and ninty-five cents then i didnot recieve the disc but then on 7-27-2008 my checking account was charged 49.50 which i didnot order
N  18th of Nov, 2008 by
I requested a dvd to research EBAY selling and the offer said free dvd but have to pay for shipping and handling. They deducted $2.95 for shipping and 7 days later deducted $59.95 from my credit card. I did not authorize this deduction. They sent me a cancellation number but did not credit my account for the $59.95.

In my opinion, this company is conducting scams under several names. I will not be surprised to see another deduction of $59.95 next month which means I will have to cancel my credit card. Someone with money needs to stop this scam.
N  15th of Dec, 2008 by

Grant Resource - Unauthorized charges
Grant Resource
Phone: 800-235-1364

Wanted some information on writing for a grant. An add popped up for a free cd! I only had to pay $2.95 for shipping. They signed me up without my knowledge for a website that I have never visited or cared to visit for a fee of $49.50 per month. I never realized that I was even being charged this. My bad for not looking at my credit card statement more carefully.

As soon as I did find out I called my credit card company and they told me that I had to call the company on the statement. I went back and called all of the numbers listed for that company and was not able to get through to any of them. A few of the phone numbers are not in service and the other ones may be busy for a whole month and the other ones put you on hold forever indefinitely!

They have charged my credit card a total of $396 to date. My credit card company will not let them charge anymore fees on my card. But now I am out almost 400 dollars for nothing! This so called company, that does not exist is clearly a scam!!! I as well as my credit card company to this day have not been able to connect with anyone via phone or email.

This company clearly needs to be recognized for the sneaky slimy way it operates!!! I am out a lot of money so that a thief can line his pockets. Beware of this scam!!!
N  21st of Feb, 2009 by

Grant Resource - SCAN
New Mexico

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH GRANT RESOURCE. You agree to pay the 1.95 for a CD; yet you do not receive a CD; the site sends you a receipt and username/password and refers you to their site where you then see terms/conditions that refer to a monthly charge that can be cancelled at any time during the 'trial' period yet does not tell you what the trial period is. I tried to use the website to cancel and when you hit the 'submit' button nothing happens. Then I called the 1800 provided for customer service and it does not go thru..this is the is the BIGGEST SCAM. CALL your bank if you used your debit or credit card as these monthly charges are not going to STOP
A  19th of Mar, 2009 by
I had the same incident. I went on line and found a web-site for Grant Funding for Women in Small Business. I found the information on Grant Funding Search and entered information to be charged $1.98 to send me a free CD to walk me through the whole process of applying for grants. I was not only charged the $1.98 but also $69.95. My charge information was passed onto another company who charged me for an IWB Club membership which was not approved by me. While I was at my bank trying to straighten things out another person came in who had the same problem with this company but he had given them his debit card. This company needs to be stopped in its tracks now. How can this be resolved?
N  25th of Mar, 2009 by

Grant Resource - Unbelievable
Grant Resource

I canceled my subscription a week (7 days from signing up) and they tell me that I did not cancel in time, that the day I signed up was one complete day and thus shorted me a day to cancel. When I called to ask, if I signed up today March 5, when can I cancel? I was told told March 12, which would be 7 days., the way I figured it would be. But for some reason, I signed up on Feb. 25 and canceled March 4. Still 7 days, but for some reason, I was a day late and the charges will not be removed. The customer service rep was very rude and even hung up on me and told me I was wasting their time. Unbelievable.