Grant Resource Guide / Stop before they take money

1 Kennewick, WA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 509-396-0698

I made the mistake of signing up for the Free Grant Resource at $1.95 on 03/03/2009.
I could not get a email to go in to cancel membership as I seen this type of RIP OFF 2 years ago and they start taking money even if you do not use the system.
I have not and now they have my account #. I will wind up paying my bank $25. to block this company
from accesing my account unless I can make sure it is canceled.
Patrick M. Elliott
p.elliott1@verizon.net

Comments

• El
      5th of Sep, 2008
    Grant Resource Guide - I AM FILING A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST THEM
    GRANT RESOURCE GUIDE
    Phone: 866-509-5275

I AM FILING A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST THIS COMPANY!! I TOO WAS CHARGE 1.95 AND THEN 59.95. IF YOU WERE SCAMMED TOO EMAIL ME AT KJDYNARIDER@COMCAST.NET TO GET INVOLVED IN THE CLASS ACTION!!!

• Ro
      12th of Sep, 2008
    Grant Resource Guide - A rip off company
    Las Vegas
    Nevada
    Phone: 888-276-8105
    www.grantresourceguide.com

I purchased a grant resource guide for $2.95. Once I clicked ok and they had my credit card info I found out if you didn't cancel within 7 days you were charged $49.50/mo. I have attempted to call for more than a week straight, day and night and the phone with no answer. THIS COMPANY IS A RIP OFF!!!

• Mi
      13th of Sep, 2008

i may be wrong but when they involved the us postal service this became a federal charge too. like others i was taken in by the scam. i am handling through my bank and i hope others can find a way too stop such things form happening to them also. this action is nothing more than stealing and should be prosecuted.

• Wa
      18th of Sep, 2008

On September 12, 2008, I was charged $1.95 and $2.95, then they came back and charged my account $58.61. This company is the biggest scam, I've ever seen. I was suppose to receive a Grant Resource Guide for $1.95 in the mail to learn how to apply for free US Grant Money. I never receive the CD in the mail and I was charged all the charges mention above. I called the company to tell them to put my funds back in my account and the lst lady I spoke with stated that I have seven days to cancel my order of the CD or my account will be charged $58.61. I explained that If I ordered it on the 12th of Sept. and today is the 17th of Sept. then the 7 days are not in effect. She lied and said you order the CD on Sept. 9th. then she hung up. I called back and talked to a man, his version of the CD was a different one. He stated that no CD was to be mailed to my home as was stated on the website, that I would get an email with the access code to view the documents online. They refused to put the monies back into my account. I did not authorize them to take $58.61 out of my account. I was told by the man that I need to email there billing department about my complaint and not to involve my bank in the matter. SCAM, SCAM. I would like to join the class action suit.

• Le
      19th of Sep, 2008

I ordered the CD for $1.95
    Received the CD I was supposed to receive by email a user and password key, but never got and any. CD is useless.

• El
      22nd of Sep, 2008

Anyone out there know how I can stop these crooks from stealing my money. My bank also charges me some international service fee for 50 cents plus that $49.50! How disarming to know that there are people out there who will take advantge of those seeking honest help!!!

29th of Sep, 2008

I did the same thing! my city counsel sent me a message board on jobs and ways to get money to start a business and grant guide was one on the listings! So I went online and purchased the online access for 1.95. after just looking over the website I left it alone. I went on my checking account websit and saw that they had taking out 58.61. I was not sent a email to let me know that if I did not want the subscription to cancel niether was I sent an email comfirmation to let me know that I had subscribe to this service! Please can someone let me know what I should do to handel this situation!

• Mi
      29th of Sep, 2008

on sunday sept 28th, I got a call from these people.I just called my credit card company. I told them about this scam.A company called grant research guide tried to scam me also .They wanted $2.95 for postage. If I didn't cancel within 7 day's I would charge $49.50 a month on my credit card. What my credit company did was cancelled my card an they were going to sent me a new card with new numbers, I told wasn't paying that bill.Anyone out there do not buy into this company.They WILL rip you off your account.1-888-276-8105 is the a tried to call also. I could not get an answer.I'm hoping someone will catch these people. email by mike kines

• Yv
      1st of Oct, 2008

I want to thank you for allowing us to see your complaint. I have also been taken by this company. I will cancel my credit card also.

Thanks again.

• Ta
      4th of Oct, 2008

We paid $2.95 for the Grant Resource Guide CD and received it in the mail. They say that they give you 7 days to unsubscribe from their newsletter but they are counting from the day that they sent it out. Needless to say, they took $58.61 out of our account one or two days after we received the CD. I unsubscribed to the Newsletter on the second day and did not receive a rebate back from them.
    We received the CD wanting to know our ID number which we did not receive in an e-mail so we cannot have access to the CD. How are we supposed to receive our ID number and information so that we can read the Grant Information. If you have any information to help me please e-mail me at: tlesley@sbcglobal.net. My name is Tamara, thank you very much.

6th of Oct, 2008

i was also scammed i payed the 2.95 and just realized they took out fifty dollars, i need help im not sure what to do. Im pissed the reason i got this thing was to help me with my college debts and now i dont have enough money for rent. I should have guessed since it was based in the land of the devil. Las Vegas. if someone has really good advice or is taking legal action please contact me MISTERMOJORISER@aol.com

• Do
      7th of Oct, 2008
    323 W. 990 N.
    American Fork
    Utah
    Phone: 801-885-7812

This is concerning a program of grants which the original cost was $2.95. They charged my account $49.50 without notifying me, and they took the money 3 months in a row. I want the money back. I am a senior citizen on a fixed income, and need the money for utilities.

• Me
      8th of Oct, 2008

Another scam...

I was told that I had access to this data for the cost of $2.95 which appeared on my statement 9/18/08 - that's all. Needless to say, an addt'l charge of $58.61 appeard on 9/23/08, five days later. When I called questioning these charges, she said I had 5 days to cancel them even though they had already billed them. The young lady I spoke to me in an inferior manner.

Please note, I am currently disputing these charges because I am not liable for them.

• Ka
      17th of Oct, 2008
    Grant Resource Guide - Charged Credit card Didn't receive anything
    Pennsylvania
    grantresourceguide.com

Not sure what state this company is in. I was on line and purchased a Grant Guide CD for just shipping of $4.95. Did not receive the CD but my Credit Card has been getting charged $49.50 for the last three months now. No one answers the phone that is on the bill just an automated voice and that refers you to the website. Once was able to leave a message and now I am getting charged double on my bill.

18th of Oct, 2008

They did not give me a website URL or a way to open an email account with them.

• Rh
      23rd of Oct, 2008
    Grant Resource Guide - charging me without my knowledge

You are told that the only thing you pay for purchasing this grant resource guide is $2.95 then they continue to charge you credit card $58.61.

This is ridiculous and worstless when you are ripped off like this

• Ju
      25th of Oct, 2008
    grant resource guide
    Kansas

I paid the $3 for shipping on their free cd and got the cd but then had been charged without my knowledge $49.50. I called and got the supervisor who said I agreed to this after the 7 day free trial, and that it was non-refundable. I am angry seeing that others are talking about the same place. I will get my money back.

• Do
      25th of Oct, 2008

Received the CD. It tells me all the resources where I can find information was e-mailed to me. Never got an e-mail.

27th of Oct, 2008

Had no email to access website. caleed the phone number on the CD Sleeve. number was not working.

31st of Oct, 2008
    Grant Resource Guide - scam
    5348 Vegas Drive, Suite 866
    Las Vegas
    Nevada
    Phone: 1-800-235-1364

I ordered this guide advertised for $2.95. I received the CD but didn't have time to use it right away. When I got my credit card bill, besides the $2.95 charge, I was also charged another $49.50 seven days later. There was no indication that there would be this last charge in any of the information that I could find. What can we do to get this back?

Thank you.