Grant Research Guide CD / Unauthorized charges

1 RR01 Box 3618Cidra Puerto Rico, United States Review updated:
Phone: 787-205-4163

I order this product for $1.95 on 04/16/08. I was aware of the 21 days time limit for cancelation of the membership and I called to cancel. I had to leave a message because no one ever picks up the phone. I called to day also. I tried to go online too, so that I could try and cancel this way, but to on avail because apparently either the user or password are invalid. I am requesting again to the company to stop trying to charge my account. I am currently unemployed due to downsizing at my company and I do not have any money. I am being charge additional fees by the bank because of this. So I would appreciated if they canceled, stop immediately. Thank you for your coopereation in this matter. Should you need to contact me please do at [protected].

Sincerely,

Aracelis Quinones

Comments

17th of May, 2008

Grantresearchguide.com ripped me off too. What a scam company. Ordered the $2.95 disk on Mar.23 and today May 17th they charged me another $49.50 without any authorization by me. I was never made aware that there is a trial period and more charges, they sure dont' share that information with you. BUYER BEWARE, SCAM SCAM SCAM grantresearchguide.com SUCKS !!!

• Ad
      27th of May, 2008

yeah, Today is my 7th day and i cant find a phone # to cancel and or i cant log in what is up with this... I'm going to cancel my credit card soon, from what im hearing there is no way out of this, scam

• Cr
      3rd of Jun, 2008

I just reported them to the Better Business Bureau and you should too. They showed me on their website where it says you have to cancel before getting more charges, but this information is only posted AFTER the area where you make the purchase...nowhere before. I indicated that I would report them to the BBB and they said the BBB "promotes" their business, then they were hostile and hung up on me. Called back and asked for a manager, who was also hostile, then said the same thing. Checked on the BBB website and they are not accredited nor "promoted" in any way. A similar thing happened recently and the report to the BBB got them to refund the charges on my card so I'm hoping it will work again, otherwise, I will dispute the charges on my card. Anyway, their # was on my credit card statement and it is 800-235-1364.

• Kr
      4th of Jun, 2008

I also ordered grantresearchguide on 5/23/08 for $1.95. I was not aware of any 7 day trial order, because if I had known that I would have cancelled. Then I get to the bank and they tell me that I have a charge pending for $49.50. Well guess who it's from, grant reasearch guide. You've got to be kidding me right? So I'm at the bank all upset becuase I didn't authorize them to take anything from my account. So I give them a call and the lady tells me she understands my frustration( yeah right). Then she says that my money can't be refunded. So basically I got ripped off too. So now I'm trying to dispute the charges on my card because I don't have extra cash to throwing around like that. I have 3 kids and I'm a single parent. Every penny counts. So I advise everbody to avoid this site. YOU WILL BE SCAMMED!!!

• Ri
      13th of Jun, 2008

yeah i just got scammed but luckly i used a pre paid card so i would like too say wow why would these people want to scam fellow americans well you know what goes around comes around you reap what you sow times commen to reap it!

• Do
      16th of Jul, 2008

I was given a wib site to recieve a lap top . To do so there was two slive 3 gold to sing up with. Grant Research was one of them. For a $1.95 they send you the CD and given my address to mail it. To my surprise my bank account was over drafted for $49.50 and they never chagered me the $1.95 . I called them and they said I was to acess it on that page. They are not clear with that information, but did state they would sent it in the mail. I am very pissyed off. How do we get the money back.I am like the other half of this state EMPLOYED!!! Some one help us and the other people that I am reading about.

• Do
      12th of Aug, 2008

I ordered this instant access for $1.95, I "browsed" the "terms" and did not see anywhere of having 7 days to cancel a membership or be charged $49.95 per month. SCAM. The instant access didn't offer anything except a way for this company to make unauthorized charges to the account used to pay the $1.95.

16th of Aug, 2008

The same thing just happened to me. grant reasearchguide charged me $2.95 for s/h they told me about the 7 day free trial period that i have to use their website then after that there will be a $49.95 monthly membership fee. These people are crooks, i agree why would this and other so called grant help companies scam fellow americans.Someone needs to put these grant help companies out of business for good

• Ro
      26th of Aug, 2008

I am in the same position as everyone else listed. I am furious. I cannot contact this company with the number that is on my bank account statement of 1-866-546-0922, I get a fast busy! I will be reporting them to the BBB. Somebody, somewhere has to be able to do something about this. We all work hard for our money and this place is stealing it right out from under us!! Period. End of story! This is causing my bank account to be overdrawn...so now in addition to the $49.50 charge my bank is charging me $30.00 for an overdraft fee. This place needs to be shut down immediately!!

• Ri
      30th of Aug, 2008

I have been in contact with the company called Grant Instructor or Grant Resource Guide or Grant Research Guide whatever. The number given on their CD packet is 1-8o0-235-1364. I have called several times and Emailed them asking for a Grant Writer. I have outlined my grant needs to them and so far they have not gotten back to me with a grant writer. Perhaps if one is persistant enough and tries to obtain the assistance of a grant writer one will get results, eventually. We will have to wait and see. When I did manage to talk to someone, they said that the grant writers were behind and it might take two to three weeks for them to get back to me. Again, we will have to wait and see.

• Sh
      2nd of Sep, 2008

I too have been ripped off by these people. I signed up for the 7 day trial and then they charged me the $49.50 in 6 days and said I can cancel, but my 7 days wa up on the 31. I show it should be up on the 3rd. I told them they need to credit the $49.50 and they said it was unrefundale. What a Crock. DON'T EVER GET INTO THIS WITH THEM. I learned my lesson. When I told the girl I would never use there site she hung up on me. They are rude and they are CROOKS.

• Pa
      6th of Sep, 2008

I too have been ripped off. I was contacted by credit card company that an unknown charge for $49.50 had been charged on my account and was I aware. It took several days to get to talk with an actual person, I asked them to cancel and remove this charge. No one ever discussed a 7 day free trial period, only the $1.95 for shipping. I will be reporting them to the BBB also. Here's a good point of contact number for them 1-866-546-0922. SCAM! SCAM!

• Te
      12th of Sep, 2008

Grant Research Guide 866-546-0922 $49.50 showed up on my August banking statement and fortunately the amount has been credited back to my account. Go directly to your bank, dispute the charge and change your credit or debit card numbers. The bank representative called the number while I was there, needless to say no answer, just a recording, "our representatives are busy we will take your call in the order it was received", this went on for an hour. I was also asked to sign an affidavit reporting the company as a fraud and the bank is investigating.

• Oc
      12th of Sep, 2008

I just had my account charged the 49.90 on 9/2/08 after tell them (representative) who called me that I did not want there service because it had nothing on it that would help me. I told this to 4 different people as they called and harrased me for days to join. I was still charged the fee. Now I have to cancel my account to keep them from continuing to charge my account over & over because now you cannot get a person on the phone. I have left more messages telling them that I donot want their service. (but is anyone getting the message) so to secure my account I have to change it all. THEY ARE FRAUDS they will continue to take your money and will not help you get your grant. I went through a site to find this BAD GRANT SITE, it was a work at home mom site boy that was a real shame, now who do we trust???

• Dh
      12th of Sep, 2008

I called to cancel. I had to leave a message because no one ever picks up the phone. I called to day also. I tried to go online too, so that I could try and cancel this way. I am requesting again to the company to stop trying to charge my account. I do not have any money. I am being charge additional fees by the bank because of this. So I would appreciated if they canceled, stop immediately. Thank you for your coopereation in this matter.

17th of Sep, 2008

I ordered the product yesterday 9-16-08, but decied after I gave this !@#$% my card info, 15 minutes later, i checked the computer and saw all the bad reveiews and alerts about these lowlife @#$@##$. I attempted to cancel and was given the run around when I called.
    These people and their workers are apparently crooks. The actually transaction was not to go down til 10.00 am 9-17-08 when Misaki #773 if that is her real name would call my wife at work. Now at approx 10:15 am my wife calls frantically from work stating that a woman was nasty, would not cancel, stated dshe would run our card anyway. And continued to call harassing my wife at work, I attempted to call all these phone numbers and they are bull... I will now call the authorities and attempt to alert somebody and everybody about this fraudulent company... Kentucky Mad

17th of Sep, 2008
    grant research guide center - rip-off
    Queens,New York
    Astoria,New York 11106
    New York
    Phone: none
    bingobreeze@aol.com

company has billed me up to $150.00 without rendering any service and does not have an actual billing department covering up through a web site they are a total rip off. Need to be closed down and punished

• St
      19th of Sep, 2008

These people should be punished. Try to request for refund from your bank, they will temporarily give back the money and will investigate on this. Just make sure that you cooperate with your bank with whatever documents they will ask from you and if they need to talk to you further, don't waste time. As soon as you receive the Claim Letter, follow their instructions ASAP.

• Ev
      20th of Sep, 2008

I was charged 1.96 on 9/17/08 and the very next day it was a charge for 58.00.These people need to be stopped.I can't even get an address.Does anyone know where they are located?

• Sh
      22nd of Sep, 2008

I also have been ripped off by these frauds!! I had asked for the info for $2.95 and was not told it was a 7 day cancellation thing. I was called a couple of days later and I told them I did not want it and they said OK. Then I found a charge on my credit card for $49.50 on 9/8/2008 -- I have been trying to get their 866-546-0922 number ever since and it just disconnects. Someone definitely needs to shut these people down, because they are preying on those of us who are poor and looking for some way out of the financial situations we find ourselves in. I too lost my job in March due to downsizing AND I broke my leg and had to have surgery in March, so money is really very tight and we don't have it to throw away anymore than the next person. These people are terrible! I have sent them an email message, but I really don't expect anymore reaction from them than the phone number gives.