Grant Research Guide / Unauthorized charges

They have been charging my account by $49.50 without authorization or warning. They offer no way of stopping it and can not be contacted. What a bunch of a**holes!!! Get a real job like the rest of us. I have lost all faith in the internet.

Comments

• Ms
      7th of Oct, 2008

I was looking into wanting to get a grant so that I could pay off a very large medical bill and credit card bill. I saw the Grant Research Guide web site and called their number. I spoke with Raquel. She assured me that when applying for these grants that the only thing I would have to pay would be just the shipping and handling charge of $2.95. I gave them my credit card info. This was on the first of Oct. I have yet to receive the materials. Today, I checked my bank records online. There is a charge of $49.50 on my statement from Grant Research Guide. I immediately called the number shown on the description on that amount. I spoke with Ray. He said that membership in the Grant Resource Center will be canceled. He also suggested that I would email Grant Research Guide. The following email was sent:

‘When I spoke to Raquel in customer service, I was led to believe that by paying for the shipping and handling of $2.95, I would get materials to apply for grants. I was told that to apply for the grants, it would be free and I would not have to pay it back. I was not told that in seven days after I have spoke to Raquel, I would be charged $49.50 for it. I have not received the materials yet!! Please cancel my order and reimburse $52.45 back into my credit card. I am NOT interested in receiving grants materials from your company. If I ever get the materials, I will send it back!!!.’

Please be aware that Grant Research Guide is a scam. They get your money first, then maybe or maybe not they will send you the materials. I hope I get my money back. It has caused my bank account to accrue NSF charges.

Please help me on this situation. Is there anything else I could do?
    Ms. A. Holbert

• Br
      20th of Oct, 2008

Grant Guide withdrew $49.90 from my checking account on /8/28/2008 without my authorization. This is fraud.

I have called twice and was told a month ago that this $49.90 would be retunred to my checking account, but this has not been done.led . Unless this money is returned to my checking account within 14 days. I will file compaint with FTC and FCC.

brendalrowe1945@yahoo.comd

• Lo
      10th of Nov, 2008

I ordered a "free CD" for a charge of $2.95 shipping and handling. I have never received the CD and one week later there was an additional charge on my credit card for about $50.00. I have no idea what this is for and I have been unable to contact the company. The phone number I did find is not in service.

• Va
      1st of Dec, 2008

I bought a CD for Grant Resources for a minimal charge of $1.95. Then I find my bank has a fraudulent charge of $54.65 by Grant Research Guide - WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!

• Jd
      3rd of Feb, 2009

I ordered the " FREE" CD to help find grants and instructions on how to find them. I paid the shipping and handling of $2.99 as asked. But there was an additonal charge of $.09. I then received a phone call from "Best Grant For you" telling me I have 21 days to cancel, I asked when my start date began and they told me 1/30/09, so I would need to call before 2/19/09 to avoid any additional charges. I check my checking account yesterday 2/2/09 and there is a charge of $58.61 for a "Your USA Grant" company with a phone number of 877-247-3935. Of which I called to only leave a message because the company was currently closed at 1045am, with no return call. I called again later in the evening to only speak to a very condisending man who told me the time frame was 7 days from the day I ordered the CD. Of which I still haven't received. He told me this is a non-refundable charge. No where did I see this information on the website of this fee. If I did I surely would NOT have ordered the "FREE CD". My account is now overdrawn and will incur bank fees for some stupid CD that I don't even have!!

• Va
      28th of Feb, 2009

I was online for Go. grants, information on how and what grants to aply for, and this one was one of the ones that were available. It said you could send 6.98 for a CD or 1.97 and go direct to the website. I of course took the less expensive way out for 1.97 thru automatic debit and went on thru it, and when I got a confirmation email for my order, it asked if I wanted to continue my membership and I told them 'NO', and I got a confirmation for my cancellation. A couple of weeks later, I received a statement from my bank saying my account was overdrawn, and unfortunately they had already paid out. So now I owe my bank for 98.13!! I haven't been able to find a phone number but did keep the email that confirmed it was canceled and have replied to it stating what has happened and that I want my money back! I called the number that someone had listed in one of the other complaints in regards to the same scam, 866-470-6898 and told them the charges were not authorized and I wanted my money back or they could deal with my banks lawyers, because there were other complaints for the same type of dealings on [redacted]s...they told me it would be refunded in my account in 3 to 5 days!! We will see what happens!!

• Gr