Grant Research Guide / Unfair Practices

On August 4, 2008, I was contacted by phone call a Grant Research Guide Representative stating that I would be eligible for a grant. That it's free money from the government and I would not have to repay the loan. Inorder, for me to received this grant I would only to pay shipping and handling fee and should have my order shipped to my resident with in approximatey 7 to 10 days. If I choose to used the website www.grantresearchguideqidd.com or I may called [protected] to canceled the order. I had asked the representative will my credit be charged a fee more than $2.95, shipping fee. He had advised me no only shipping fee. I had given my card information and received a confirmation #[protected], to make sure no other charges would be added to my card. The amount that was withdrawn from bank account was $2.95 Currently, I have not received any products from Grant Research. I tried calling to canceled order before any addtitional fees be charged to my card. I was unable to speak with a live person. The automatic machine comes on instantly to direct calls to the person whom you wish to speak to, however I get the recording saying our office hours are 9:00 a.m. til 9:00 p.m. but the line is constantly busy one is not able to speak to anyone. Please forward this message so that customers will know that there is no fee money and this a scam. Thanks in advance.

Ca

Comments

• Ca
      8th of Jul, 2008

I called for information on June 30, 2008 and received the information to immediate online access, all I had to do was pay $1.95. I was able to get into the info immediately, but unable to find what I needed even though I went on there 2 individual times. I looked in my checking account and found I was being charged $49.50 on 7/6/08 for the Grant company again. I tried to call on Monday, 7/7/08 which would have been 7 days, was put on hold for 40 minutes and at one time, someone came on the line saying "this is a test" and I was still left on hold. I called back again, got the same on hold situation and eventually gave up. Today, 7/8/2008, I finally get a live person telling me I should have canceled by 7 days when I feel that my telephone number was checked on Monday and not answered so the $49.50 could be charged. Plus I printed out the order for the instant access and NOT ONCE is there a notice saying to cancel and I don't ever remember seeing one. This is a scam!

• Li
      22nd of Jul, 2008

I also have been hit by this scam. It was my understanding that I would get a CD for business grants for $1.95 on 7/13/08. When I checked my bank, I was also hit for $49.50 that, according to them is non-refundable. When I called the company they told me I had agreed to this but nowhere in site does it say the additional fee. I AM WARNING EVERYONE TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU HAVE $49.50 TO THROW AWAY EVERY MONTH FOR NOTHING. I cancelled this so called membership.

• Le
      19th of Aug, 2008

I am really upset with this company, if that's what it is. I ordered the CD and when I got my last credit card statement there was an additional charge for $49.99. In checking the web site, I found where I was supposed to have been notified that this would happen on my confirmation letter. I didn't. I am not a 'happy camper'. At least I haven't be contacted by phone yet, but I am now aware of it and will not accept a phone call from them. I'm 50 dollars down for the "free"? program. I don't think so.

• Yv
      20th of Aug, 2008

I performed an internet search for my niece to obtain grant information for college. I was on a site that sent me to grant research guide where there were 3 listed opportunities to purchase a CD for $1.95. I purchased the CD, which I still have not received in over 10 days. Somehow, I was charged $50.99 to my banking account without my authorization or knowledge. I contacted the Grant Research Guide at 866-546-0922 and had to try to get through 5 times before getting someone. The first person I received was very rude toward me and told me I was stupid because the website explains that there will be a charge. I tried to explain to this woman that the website I was on did not showcase any information about a 7 day trial period and a charge of $49.99 to my account. I demanded a refund as I explained that I haven't even received the CD yet. The woman told me there is no refund and it takes time to get the CD. I demanded to speak to her supervisor and she hung up on me. I called back and spoke with someone named Amber Jones, who immediately told me the supervisor wasn't available. Amber started out polite and then when I told her my situation she became rude telling me there was nothing she could do for me. After speaking to Amber, I received an email from her and a woman named Lauryn Hill about the login information and about what I was supposed to have seen on the website that I purchased the CD, that I have yet to receive.

I feel that this is fraudulent advertising and a scheme to get your money and I am very perturbed about how they conduct themselves. They possess zero customer service satisfaction skills and have a blatantly poor attitude for misleading individuals. This was supposed to be a FREE opportunity and no where did it state that you had to pay for something else; if it had I wouldn't have purchased it.

I am forwarding a written complaint to the supervisor Janet Johnson, support@grantresearchguide.com

I don't appreciate being taken advantage of.

• Te
      23rd of Aug, 2008

i was billed for something i dont recall ordering and want it canceled and my money back

• Me
      25th of Aug, 2008

Almost identical here. My well meaning husband signed up for this "free" CD for $2.95 shipping. The the credit card came and I saw the additional fee of $50. I found the website and saw in the "terms" that if you don't cancel after the 7 trial days you will be billed a monthly fee of $50. Plus they share your information with "my club rewards" who also want to bill your card. I have also received a dozen or more phone calls from "grant instructor" also wanting to sign me up for another CD. I know I have to get through to them to cancel this. I havent been able to yet. I am thinking I might just cancel the credit card. I do not appreciate getting taken advantage of either.

• Mi
      25th of Aug, 2008

Same here! My husband was charged $49.99, can't get anyone on the phone at the Grant Research Guide! So he called the credit card company to stop payment and told them if they didn't he would cancel the card, and get this... They said even if he cancels his card that the Grant Research could STILL charge his card!?!? ( How does that work? If you cancel, doesn't it mean the account is closed? Something is wrong with that picture!!!) After a "VERY HEATED" conversation with the credit card company supervisor they are now investigating! So, now we wait to hear back from the credit card company!! I will keep you posted!

• Me
      25th of Aug, 2008

okay, I got through to the "grant resource guide!" Can't believe it. I must have called 20 times. The other 19 times it would just hang up on me or give me a busy signal. Anyway this lady on the phone was nice and canceled my membership, but by then I was so mad that I lost it. I asked her if she was ashamed to be working there since the company was basically a scam. She said it wasn't that it's all there in writing. I told her that I knew that, but they know people arent going to see it until they get a credit card bill. I told her she must get these calls all day long. She hung up on me. At least she sent my email confirmation that I had canceled first. I'll keep that in case there is a future charge on my account. Technically it probably is legal, but it is taking advantage of people! I am so mad I am shaking!

• Ba
      27th of Aug, 2008

They call me to and told me the same thing, then they took money, that I did not agree to. And when I called they said that it was not a supervisor around. I told them that I would call the better BBB on them. Then when I tryed to call back they gave a busy signal. These people are cruel. And some one need to do somethig about these people.

28th of Aug, 2008

One more item Grant Research is in the UK - I know because of research. You may also be charged for any currency conversion into pounds. I find it awfully strange that they have a front office here in Texas and are able to send the money so quickly to their base in England. Don't use them you'll be soooooorrrrrryyyyyyyy. Not a good company at all. This is not my opinion it is fact.

• Le
      5th of Sep, 2008

I rec'd a call from Grant Research Guide selling me this product $2.95 to start after 7days can cancell if not satisfied. 7 days begin oncce you receive the email never rec'd the email when I called to question the rep was extremely rude told me that she would email me the user id and password and cancell me but it would be eff the day they called me so I had already lost 2 days of usage. Again the rep was extremly rude told me I need to listen she worked there not me and hung up on me. Of course when you call back you are on hold for 20 min. Never rec'd the user id not password!
    STAY AWAY!!!

• Sh
      15th of Sep, 2008

After finding this web-site last night, I was not going to be another VICTIM! I experience the constant busy signal all morning long (its now 2:20pm), I experienced being on hold for 12 minutes awaiting a representative, then my call got dumped. I e-mailed with the contact link provided on their web-site, no response. I even e-mailed Janet Johnson @ support@grantreasearchguide.com, no response! I refused to have my credit card charged the 49.99 monthly fee, so my last resort...I CALLED MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND HAD THEM PLACE A BLOCK ON MY CARD SO NO FURTHER TRANSACTION FROM...BUSINESS SOURCE, 866-509-4035, COULD GET POSTED!
    If i only had the time to pursue this further!

• Ga
      15th of Sep, 2008

OK. I just got on their web-site and contacted them by e-mail. support@grantresearchguide.com and complained and told them I wanted my money back that they charged me without permission. They wrote back and said my membership had been cancelled. So I guess when you order this damn free cd you are signed up for a membership without you knowing about it.. Any way that's the way it sounds. I had no idea I signed up for a Membership. Nor was I told that it was going to cost me extra every month. This is a bunch of CRAP!! There should be laws against this CRAP..

• Th
      17th of Sep, 2008

Dear Sirs, I was taken by this fly by night company as well, I have seen the other posted comments and whole heartedly agree. It just goes to show you that if something appears to good to be true it's because it is! Sincerly your's Thomas G. DeVore (tom.devore@yahoo.com)

• Je
      18th of Sep, 2008

my husband needs a grant to go to school and i thought that i would help him out. i feel like the dumb ### for falling for the scam and him too. i filled out the information online and they called my husband within a day. He gave them the credit card information and he was only to be build the shipping and handling; i think he told me it was around 2 bucks. He said that he only had like 10 days to cancel and the package wouldn't get here until 7-10 days, but he said he would try it and cancel it when it got here, or before the 10 days are up. Well, it never showed. the 888 number that was given you always get a busy signal. I did go to the contact page on the websiter and filled out a report that i wanted to cancel it and they gave me a confirmation number but what good is that if you can't talk to s omeone if you have a dispute. This "company" is soooooooooo full of ###, i know that they will proably keep charging my husband and there is nothing that we can do about it. i feel like this is all my fault.

• Ti
      14th of Oct, 2008

YOU CAN STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING...simply call your bank cancel your credit card and have them issue a new card. This causes the payment to be unable to be processed! My bank was very understanding and even waived the re-issueing fee for the cancellation and sending a new card out to me. The customer service rep at my bank that I spoke with also said she has noticed many of these charges and has had lots of disputes. The problem is the bank will not refund or stop fees due to you having a "relationship" with the company. By giving them the information you are considered have a relationship with the company. If a company charges you that you have never ever spoken with or not given them any kind of information at all, not even your name or never logging onto their website or never calling them then the bank would help you dispute the charge.

It is real simple to STOP THIS, call your financial institution cancel the card you used when you signed up. The bank will cancel that card and issue you a new card with new information. So the charge will not go through because the card will be invalid!

• Ro
      24th of Oct, 2008

I am writing to Jarvis if you get this message I was told to speak to you about refunding what was takin from my account that only had enough to pay for the suppose CD trial, 1.11 one dollar and eleven cents was all I had to give you for that anddid not received anything I realized I miss understood you way of scaming someone from there life savings. I got a partial refund but deserve all because my bank now is charging me on something I did'nt have to begin with and when I called to cancel the product the person said it was already canceled, but you kept trying to charge my account and now I am having to owe them more than I expected all from your frauduant neglagence! I do not deserve that. I need to know if you are going to refund to the bank what you keeped charging on my account, I as I said only had that account opened for emercency reasons and only had 5.95 in it to keep opened.Know because of you I have a bad account with my bank that is leaving me looking bad so I need to know right away please.

• Gl
      28th of Oct, 2008

attention to Janet Johnson; I spoke to Shayley from New Grants
    she told me to contact you about being charged two times . She said that she would reimburse my card for one of the charges but that i needed to speak with you about the other one I was under the impression that I would be receiving a cd. Please autherise the return of the other charge also. I Thank you in advance for your prompt reply.
    Sincerely,
    Gloria Misch

• Gr
      7th of Nov, 2008

I ordered the CD in September for $2.95. I received the CD in early October. I received a charged on my credit card Nov. 4. I called the company and was told that I could not be refunded because I authorized a monthly payment. There was not monthly payment listed on the web-site at the time of my purchase. There is no manager to talk with and the only way to get in touch with a manager is by e-mail. When I was given the web-site address there is no place to contact the manager unless you sign up again. How do I get a refund?

12th of Nov, 2008

They are not legitimate. We need Federal legaislation to stop this type of fraud. If there is legislation, then where is the FBI?