Grant Research Guide / Internet scam

Phone: 1-888-276-8105

I thought I was signing up for a "FREE CD" that would provide information on researching and applying for small business grants. After submitting my information on the website to get my "FREE CD Today-" I was sent to a second page that asked if I wanted "instant access" (to the CD) for $1.95 (I'm thinking this is a downloading fee) or to "ship the CD" for $2.95, I chose instant access, never got the CD information and was charged a $49.50 monthly charge for "access to the website"!!! I called and canceled only to discover that they WILL NOT give me a refund for this service that I did not receive and did not intend to use. So I'm out 50 bucks for trying to order a "Free CD" to help write grants to fund my business. I called the company and first they gave me an email address and after I didn't hear back after I emailed them I called the number again and talked to 3 different people who ALL eventually hung up on me when I asked to have a refund!!! Outrageous! TOTAL SCAM! Even though they did have the info about the monthly charge in fine print and the link to term and conditions, I feel they are preying on people who need money! So sick. I am disputing the charge on my Credit Card, but we'll see.

Wm

Comments

• Ro
      3rd of Sep, 2008
    Grant Research Guide - Charged $49.50 AFTER I attempted to cancel
    Phone: 1-866-546-0922

I attempted to cancel with- in the 7 day period but could not get through,
    When I was charged $49.50 on Sept 2 I called and was told "it's your own fault for not reading the requirments.
    This is a dishonest company that preys on us and should be banned from the enternet.
    Robert Etheridge

• Pa
      4th of Sep, 2008
    Grant Research Guide - Unable to access
    www.grantresearchguide.com

On May 24, 2008 I ordered a grant resource cd online through this company. They sent an order number (351165) my e-mail addy(lady_hawke41@yahoo.com) and used my zip code as the password. When I try to get online with them the password doesn't work. They sent no way to get in contact with them so it is useless to me.

How do I get in touch with these people?

• Ki
      10th of Sep, 2008

I don't even remember there ever being anything on the website about trial because I stay clear of those. I did authorize the $1.95 but I did not authorize the $49.95. I am going to call the company and I am also filing complaint with my bank.

• Ke
      23rd of Sep, 2008

I too, have had the same experience with this company. When you call, you don't even speak with anyone directly from this company - you speak to someone at an outside call center. This company preys on people who are looking for help.

25th of Sep, 2008
    Grant Research Guide - unauthorized $49.50 from my account
    Phone: 1-800-235-1364
    grantresearchguide.com

On July 4, 2008 I accidently hit the submit button while reading the web page of Grant Research Guide. I immediately sent a return e-mail to the confirmation e-mail I recieved to cancell the subscription, and not charge my account $49.50. I even explained exactly what I did in this e-mail. I thought everything was all set until $49.50 was taken from my account. I called 1-800-235-1364 which was on my statement. On August 22, 2008 I spoke with Alice Cullen who informed me that I'd have to fax a copy of my e-mail to the Billing Dept. She also informed me that I wouldn't be able to speak personally to someone in billing, that everything had to be done by fax. So far I have sent two faxed copies of my e-mail asking for my account to be reimbursed the $49.50 to the Billing Dept. I have yet to see that money in my account. My next step is to file a complaint with the Attorney General.

• Ca
      30th of Sep, 2008
    Grant Research Guide - FRAUD!!!
    Grant Rearch Guide
    Petersburg
    Virginia
    Phone: 1-888-276-8105
    grantresearchguide.com

bought package on 9/22/08... never recieved the e-mail as promised, and a week later chg on my credit card, was suppose to be 7 business days later not 4 dayslater... this is a scam and now they have chged my credit card.. i was foolish, but they are wrong to pray on people as myself.. disabled..

• De
      1st of Oct, 2008

you cant get in touch with these crooks, I canceled my card to keep the bums from getting any more money from me.

• Di
    Grant Resource Guide
    Phone: 8002351364

I called an d cancelled and they charged my credit card in Aug and again in Sept after I called. I can not get an email to go through the website I was given. I want a refund for these charges

• Jb
      2nd of Oct, 2008

I am doing the same, you can also file with the Federal Trade Commission, The Better Business Bureau in your state and in Las Vegas Nevada. This company is unbelieveable. They are flying under the wire by charging under $50.00. They are incredibly rude because they are going to scam everyone they can dissappear and come back under another name. So they don't care...

• Pa
      2nd of Oct, 2008

i woul;fd like to reveive the money back into my acct.thanks.

3rd of Oct, 2008

I just found a $50.00 charge on my credit card from grant guide. I paid $1.99 some time ago for access to their guide. I do not remember seeing anything about a $50.00 monthly fee when I signed up.

• Br
      20th of Oct, 2008
    Grant Research Guide

Unauthorized $49.90 withdrawal from my checking account. I did not approve this withdrawal so this is fraud. Please return my money ASAP or I will file federal complaints against Grant Research Guide.

• Br
      24th of Oct, 2008

Fraudently withdrew $49.90 from my checking account with no authorization.

28th of Oct, 2008
    Grant Research Guide - Cancelling a Program
    4316 North Addison Road
    Maryland
    Phone: 301-772-2252

5348 Vega Drive, Suite 866
    Las Vega, NV 89108

This company says if you order a free CD explaining the would send it to you s/h $2.95. I got on the [redacted]" to see if this company was alright; unfortunately, they are a scam. It seems if you don't cancel within 7 days the begin to charge your Credit Card $50.00 a month. I tried to call them, I got a total of 6 numbers and can not reach a person on any of them. I called the Las Vegas operator an she said no company by that name/addres exist.

I can't cancel if I can't get through.

dalaeks926@yahoo.com

29th of Oct, 2008
    Grant Research Guide - Inadvertant e-mail
    5348 Vegas Dr.
    Phone: 1-800-235-1364

I am not complaning. I just wanted you to know I got an e-mail from Edwina E. Sanchez, regarding her complaint to you about the “Grant Research Guide” Program. I don’t know why I got this e-mail; however, I also lodged a complaint about this company yesterday (10/28/08). I too have a problem with the way they do business. I wish Ms. Sanchez and all who inadvertently get entangled with these people; the best. FYI there was a line that said if you have received this e-mail by mistake click your support website, which I did but it was undeliverable. You don't have to respond to this, I'm just letting you know.

2nd of Nov, 2008
    Grant Research Guide - False Company/ Scam
    888-276-8105
    Ohio
    Phone: www.grantresearchguide.com

I really could use the help with my finances, they made it sound like I could get help for me and my children. My son is in Athens his 5th yr in College, I know he has alot of dept there and I went to school for a little while and now have a student loan to pay off, I also have credit cards to pay off. I feel they should not get a person hopes up like that and never come thru. I talked to someone over the phone, I gave her my credit card # to pay for the shipment of a CD, I never got it, talks about a membership if you don't call and cancel in 7 days they will charge you. I got on the web site and find out from other people this is probally a big Scam. I have a receipt order # and the name of the person I talked to, I just need to know if this is a scam or what?

• Co
      6th of Nov, 2008

I have been unable to access the grant as promised.

• Te
      10th of Nov, 2008
    Phone: 787-205-4163
    grantresearchguide.net

I have been trying to cancell but am unable. My time is nearly up and I cannot contact anyone. I tried to cancell when a person called me on saturday but said I had to call another number but the number is nogood. Please help them from ripping me off.

Terrie Cook

• Va
      12th of Nov, 2008

That is happens to my only difference is charge $58.61 fro my checking account.
    I called on
    1-800 235 1364
    1-888 276 8105
    But line is busy.

• Ka
      12th of Nov, 2008

This is a total scam. I ordered the disc... which I never even recieved. They called me several times trying to get me to buy all of this stuff. I told them to quit calling me and cancel this membership they were talking about that I didn't even know about. Then they kept calling and calling and calling... then they stopped. They then charged my account $58.61. I called my bank and they said that it was a fraudulant site and that I should change my account information asap... get a new account number and card numbers. Then fill out a police report since the funds taken were over $20.00.

Ps. They say they are in Vegas, but I called the company and they said all that company does is forward their mail from that address... they are actually in Great Britain. Imagine that. Total Scam!