Grant One Day / online fraud

1 NV, United States Review updated:

I applied online for a program which promises help in obtaining government grants, for a fee of 1.99 to cover shipping. This amount was immediately charged to my credit card, as well as a second, unauthorized, transaction for 19.12. I immediately emailed the "member support" site, with no response. I called my bank to cancel the transaction, but found I could not. I can only file a report and a claim to try to be reimbursed, after the transaction goes through. My bank agent gave me two customer service numbers for this company that I should try, which I did. One is not in service, the other just a recording. I googled this company and found several online fraud claims from other unsuspecting people, all with similar scenarios. This company is highly unethical and should be banned and red-flagged!

Ki

More Grant One Day Complaints & Reviews

Comments

27th of Feb, 2009

Did she not read the opt out astrict about google? My opinion is they clearly, 1. allowed for an opt out 2. advised of third party charges. Now; had she mentioned that after opting out the charges were still taken, it then is fraudulant practices. At most, handled in an appropriate manor you lose convenience of $20 for 1-3 days. This should only go to show us that we should read, interpret and fully understand everything we sign for or give important infrmation out to. We assume all to often that the person (whom we have never seen) on the receiving end is of impecable characture. We need to own up to our contributions of ill responsibility as well.

• Jr
      28th of Feb, 2009

I, too, ordered the $1.99 trial membership on "grants-one-day." Needless to say the information given was non-existent. They had a list of grants...that's it, just a list. Each grant had a number beside it to click, yet there was no other info given! So, I checked my bank account online to see if the trial membership fee had been charged, and I too see another charge of $19.12! Well the charge was for committing to purchase help to learn how to make money from using google...the only thing is I DECLINED that offer when I was filling out my original form!! But it gets better!! Beware because if you don't contact these people to cancel your order within 4 days (they say 7, but they need a 3 day grace period for cancellation), guess what happens next...you then get charged monthly in excess of $96 or more!!! I immediately cancelled my card number so no more charges could be made on my account and I hope anyone sucked into this scam does the same!!! I have already e-mailed both "support teams" to cancel my membership and will be calling the 866 #s on Monday to confirm the cancellation! The charge of $19.12 was completely illegal...I made sure to DECLINE that offer and yet, it still charged me. From what I can gather it is the same person, just two different 866 #s. I think it is probably just set up to charge it as soon as it charges the $1.99 whether you authorize it or not. BEWARE!!! I will never purchase anything like this again!!! Hopefully, this helps anyone looking into this site "GRANTS-ONE-DAY"!!!

• Ds
      2nd of Mar, 2009

The same thing happened to me. I ordered the 1.99 access fee and all it did was bring me to more web sites that wanted more money. I called them and asked for them to send me a direct link, buit I could never get to those sites. I would get server errors. Then a few days later I was hit with a $95 fee. I contacted them and the said I should try this out for 88 days and If I still didn't like it, then I could get my money back. And guess what! the phone number I had to contact them no longer works. I am so mad. Fortunately my bank will help me dispute the charges. But SHAME on YOU for taking advantage of the good people of the US who really need the help and you cause more stress and strain and take money they need for food and medications!

• Ke
      2nd of Mar, 2009

the same thing happened to me, i paid for shipping and they charged me for the the google $19.12 even though i left it clearly un checked, all i received was a long list of grants, which i tried to check out with internet explorer saying could not locate, checked with bank, they could not help me, but i ordered a new debit card.no e-mail confirming transaction as promised either just one more scammer on the internet ken, pittsburgh, pa 3-2-2009

• Se
      2nd of Mar, 2009

If is sounds too good to be true than it noramlly is... At this present economic downturn there are no GRANTS, etc. any fool would know that by now and if advertized over the internet one should know better to check before signing up and giving credit card information. Finally, I did look at the same web site and at the bottom the $19.12 google fee was clearly indicated at the very bottom after supplying name, address, etc... NEVER jump into anything on the internet without FIRST checking reviews (PROS & CONS), ask around then make a judgment. You were part of a CON JOB because you were greedy and wanting an easy quick fix that doesn't exist to the common citizen. Take it as lesson learned and next time INVESTIGATE... "If it sounds too good to be true, than it noramlly is..."

2nd of Mar, 2009

Go to grants . gov thats the real deal about gov grants. Its all free and provided by the US gov...and Many MANY hoops to have to jump through before even getting to first base for a grant . ANY SITE ON THE NET FOR QUICK MONEY GRANTS IS A SCAM PERIOD. No such animal exist.
    You can expect Very diligent work for months at just getting the paper work right to even be considered for a grant .
    Thats the REAL DEAL about gov grants. Sorry to pop your bubble. Been there, done that, bought a Tee shirt and burned it.

• Ju
      3rd of Mar, 2009

I also was charged the $1.99 shipping fee and never received anything and on the website everything that you attempt to go to gives you server errors or no such link. I immediately cancelled the membership (yes the same day) they are not charging me almost a month later $94.89 and when you call the number is not correct. I am so mad right now. That was gas money and grocery money until the 15th. They should be ashamed of themselves but I am pretty sure that they are not. They are loving taking advantage of people in the US that need help.

• To
      3rd of Mar, 2009

if u read the Terms and Conditions u would have seen theres a 94.89 membership fee after 7 day trial period...i know its a scam but don't say that u didn't know if u didn't read the T/C...

• Vi

I too signed on for the $1.99 in grants-one-day,
    Now! they say that they are grants member service.
    Charged me the $98.00 some odd in 7 days. That page
    never showed on my computor.

Can someone find the isp server for them. I've had extensive
    talks with their customer service and billing

Yesterday they said they would refund the full $98.00
    now, they are back to the garbage that it was on the net when
    I first signed up that I have to wait the 88 days.

From Victoria

3rd of Mar, 2009

THIS IS A SCAM !!! I agreed paid a$1.99 and declined the $94.00 google fee and it was still taken out of my account. I sent an email with no responce and called them at 1866-876-2778 and was told that I had a 10 minute wait I am still waiting. Cancel your cards or they will still try to take your money.
    The worst thing about this is they used a fireman and his to promote this website, shame shame they broke another trust issue.

4th of Mar, 2009

It's funny, to this day nobody heads the warning "IF ITS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS". It simply amazes me that you people are so naive. I'm sorry to have to say this, but I was not tempted but curious. Unlike you, I did my reasearch (GOOGLE IS FREE TO USE!!!). I simply googled the company website and found VERY many reports of fraud.

Lesson learned to you all.

4th of Mar, 2009

Face it, you people are angry that a company took your money but you should be angry at nobody but yourself for not reading the terms and conditions.

• Ia
      4th of Mar, 2009

Yes, they made me feel like such a sucker. After the google fee of 19.12 I called and cancelled and they were nice enough to refund the charges. They did not tell me that there was still an open account to the CD purchase and charged me 2 weeks later the 94.00 membership fee. I called and emailed a complaint on how I canceled and wanted my money back. They said that they are separate. I was unaware that when paying the 1.99 cd i was actually getting setup for two memberships. They still have not given me back my 94.00.

4th of Mar, 2009

Look people, the internet is FULL of scams. There is no such thing as FREE money. Goverment Grants, google payday, etc. I'm assuming you all found the link to these on a facebook ad, myspace ad, or something simliar. They advertise their because the target audience is HUGE. They have to discloes terms and conditions (if they don't beware), if they do...READ THEM! Could have saved yourselves alot of money by taking the 2.5 minutes to read the first paragraph of the T&C.

Sorry, but i'm having a hard time sympothizing with you all.

• Gr
      5th of Mar, 2009

i work for this company... and it amazes me how u guys dont read the terms and conditons and then want us to issue refunds. dont say that u have read them when u have not... we get over 5000 calls daily.. u ppl are dumb. we win 0ver 99% of our disputes.. so dont bother. ..

• Id
      5th of Mar, 2009

In regards to the poster above me... It's nice to know that you work for such a "reputable" company, you must be thrilled. It's funny that you win over 99% of your disputes, tell me something... do you win when you don't give the customer what you promise? You promise access to your site, yet almost all of the complaintees on this post get error messages. Your phone #'s don't work. You tell people that you will send emails to them, and they never recieve anything. Or how about the fact that actual cd that they pay 1.99 for never comes. HA, your a joke... I'm sure you'll have your job for a lonnnngggg time.

• Ka
      5th of Mar, 2009

Grant One Day advertising Government Grants and charged my credit card an unauthorzed $94.00. I have contacted my credit card company to dispute the charge and I also contacted them

• Na
      5th of Mar, 2009

I agree, I got burned because I failed to read the terms and conditions entirely. However, if repeat charges are going to be charged to a persons card, this should be stated CLEARLY and upfront. Not hidden in a 10, 000 word document which they know that not everyone will read. The email confirming my order made no mention of any charges upcoming. It made the transaction sound absolute and final at $1.99 and I was completely unaware I had signed up for any subscription. Now, two hours after they authorized a payment of $94.39 to my card, they hang up on me when I call to dispute the charge. I finally get through and although I called them immediately and have attempted no access to their site, they refuse a refund, and refuse to even let me speak with a supervisor or provide me with the name of the company running the site. Customer service is shady and instantly defensive by this company. Somehow they had all of my information in front of them after I gave them my first name and zip code only. I even called from a different number than what I provided on their website. Sound suspicious? They displayed that they had no intentions of creating positive relationships with return customers. They are taking advantage of peoples trust. Shame on them. Shame on me for not reading the entire book on "how we're about to scam your money" (aka terms and conditions).

Again, I agree. I messed up and failed to be my usual suspicious self. I was searching for grants to pay my $30, 000 tuition for next year and I got excited when i saw that I pay 1.99 for a bunch of information on grants offered by the government. I've always been told, "don't trust .coms, only .gov's and .org's" Obviously that's not true. I screwed myself in all technicalities. But, that doesn't mean that we need to advocate less than honest business practices. If this many people are reporting accidently signing up for your "services", how can you feel good about yourself and for keeping their money? I called two hours after they charged me to ask politely for my money back and was treated like a criminal. It was obvious they get MANY calls a day about this problem. Maybe I'm sensitive and too nice, but let's face it, mean people suck.

• Ke
      6th of Mar, 2009

I had the same trouble unautherized $94.00 charge, the catch is you can`t even cancel for 88 days while they are collecting money for nothing if you plan on using this don`t cause they have no support you can contact and if you do they give you some junk they`ll look into it never to be heard from again

• Co
      6th of Mar, 2009
    Grant One Day - Momey refunded
    Grant One Day
    10134 6th st ste M
    Rancho Cucamonga
    California
    Phone: 1-866-876-2778

I WAS TOLD THAT $1.99 WOULD BE DEDUCTED FROM MY CHECKING ACCT WHICH WAS FINE AND AUTHORIZED, LATER ON ANOTHER CHARGE OF $94.69 WAS DEDUCTED AND THS TRANSACTION WAS NOT AUTHORIZED. I WOULD LIKE TO BE REFUNED. I NEVER JOINED ANY MEMBERSHIP I JUST ASKED FOR THE $1.99 AND NOTHING ELSE. THIS IS FALSE ADVERTISING AND $94.69 SHOULD BE PUT BACK IN MY ACCT.