Grant Member Services / Fraud

1 Sarepta, LA, United States Review updated:

Just like many others, I ordered a cd for grant info. and was led to believe that I would only be billed for shipping. The cd arrived and my credit card was charged a small fee. Later, my wife was searching the web and found complaints on this company about memberships and unauthorized charges. I then went to the company website and clicked a small box at the bottom of a page that mentioned a 7 day free trial, and then a 52 dollar per month charge thereafter. I was relieved that it was the seventh day and tried to click the cancellation button, and got nothing. Later after reading the same stories on the web, I went back and tried other buttons for something, and i was given a cancellation page. I canceled and received three emails . One, denying any order record, from a co. name that had never heard, and two that confirmed the cancellation with, my order number and a statement, that no other charges would be made. These emails were from grantwritingexpress.org and grantfunding.org, funny that I had never heard of either one. I was worried, and for good cause, My card was charged 94.89, a figure that i had only seen in some consumer complaints. I was able to reach someone on the phone at [protected], the # that they put on the credit charge, to obviously show some credibility. I was told after two calls, with two different men, that I would be emailed a form to submit, to get a refund, and I got nothing. My card co. said, they had thirty days to refund before I could challenge. I've dealt with this mess before, and I don't think that the card co. cares, I just know that I'll never pay it. I will call grantoneday back, a time or two, but that is it. I was stupid to not research. don, t ever do that!

Ro

Comments

5th of Mar, 2009
    Grant Member Services - Unauthorized charges
    Grant Member Services
    California
    Phone: 866-874-8909

I paid for the $1.99 service to help get grants and they have charged my card 3 times one for $1.99 and the second was for this Erica Miller for $19.12 and the Third is $94.89. The last to were unauthorized on my card.

• De
      5th of Mar, 2009

I agree they are scam, they couldn't tell me if they are members of the California Better Business Bureau, no help and they got me for the $94.89 to, and they refused to refund my account the money, said something about the 7 days to cancel. Buyers beware!!!

6th of Mar, 2009

I, paid $1.99 for grant CD. Then, I was charged $94.89, . I, want a refund of the $94.89, .

6th of Mar, 2009

I've already filled uot one Comment text.

6th of Mar, 2009

THIS IS THE LAST TIME, I WILL GIVE A COMMENT tEXT. I WAN A REFUND OF $94.89, .

NONE.

• Pa
    Grant Member Services - scam

Watch out this is a total scam, I signed up for 1.99 then seven days later 94.89 that i did not authorize.please do yourself a favor stay away from this so.cal scam.

• Do
    Grant Member Services - Misleading fees

I too was told to only pay $1.99 and a trial period. Then i was notified by my bank that $94.89 was deducted from my account. I to did not have time to "cancel my account". I tried to call their number and told by one person to contact them at a website support@grantmemberservices.com. I tried that then I called back and told to email them at the address above. They would not let me talk to anyone in billing office to contact via the internet, but yet when you email them it is customer service, the same people you speak to on the phone 1-866-876-2778. The person answering the phone was also nasty with me. I did the email and told them I wanted a refund by Monday or I will report them for internet fraud to the Better Business Bureau and with my banking institution. DO NOT SEND THEM ANY MONEY, THEY ARE DISHONEST.

9th of Mar, 2009

I HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN. THE AGREEMENT STATED NO FUTURE CHARGES, ONE TIME FEE, THEN WAS NAILED WITH A 94.89 FEE. I WILL BE GETTING MY MONEY BACK. ### LIKE THIS SHOULD BURN!!!

9th of Mar, 2009

Just found out today I was charged for $94.89...

• Sp
    Grant Member Service - This is a scam
    Today's name: Grant Dr.

The company changes names every few days or so...They can legally do this as the terms and conditions state that they can change anything they want at anytime as stated in the revised Terms and Conditions. Yep, that's right, they can even change the terms and conditions at will; and those very same terms and conditions state that they can change the terms and conditions at will, which is also covered in the terms and conditions...

I seriously doubt that anyone taken in by this unethical pukepot company will ever get a refund. However, there are things you all can do in order to protect yourselves from any other hidden fees. First thing you do is cancel any credit or debit card you used to pay that very first charge (the one we actually areed to) of $1.99. If you paid by electronic check, close the bank account ASAP. You can open a new one immediately and transfer all funds to a new account. Now that you've protected yourself from anymore questionable charges, the rest of the scams in the terms and conditions (and there's a lot of them) become obsolete 'though GMS threatens members with promises of lawsuits for noncompliance if they go this route. I chose this route. Let 'em sue me.

Here's one scam that I found particularly offensive:
    The Refund Scam as seen on this week's version on the terms and condition:

"If you agree to wait out the 90 day riskfree trial that began our 3-month (88 days) risk-free guarantee. Customer Support will then cancel your membership, in which you will not be billed any further monthly charges. You will have a total of 88 days (approximately 3 months) continued access to ensure that you get an adequate amount of time for the online guide to work for you. At the end of the 88th day (which began the first day of your Trial Membership), you may either choose to re-activate your monthly membership with us or request a refund for the last month's membership fee you paid. -Grant Member Services

Can anyone spot the scam in the above? Read the last line again. "last month's" membership fee you paid."
    Sounds good? Risk free even?" And then a refund if you still wish to opt out when the three month trial is up? If this company has scammed you once, you can count on them to do it again, and again..Free trial my ###.

The last month's membership fee you actually paid was: $0.00
    It's all about the placement of the apostrophe in the word: months, and the sneaky 90 day risk free trial.

What it should have read: "The last membership fee you were screwed out of seven days after you first signed up.." ($94.98 for most)

I, Splat, advise any and all to terminate your membership(s) immediately and tell 'em to FO when they claim (and they will) that you have to remain in their system as a member for at least 90 days, (as seen in the ever changing terms and conditions) so why not try that three month risk free trial. This 'risk free 3 month trial' offer is the jump off for the refund scam. Do not accept it! And no matter what the terms and conditions say tomorrow, next week...file a fraud complaint with your respective banks. Most banks are aware off this particular rip-off company, and others just like it, and they can advise you on the best course of action and what alternatives you have.

Any member(s) who's going to try and hold GMS responsible based on unethical practices, and obvious attempt(s) to scam consumers should check out the (always changing) terms and conditions regarding non-disclosure on/in public forums, including this one. We're also not supposed to post links like the one below.

or this one:

Here's another:

The grant scam reviews, like the one above, are also scams. Live and learn, yes? Good luck to you all.

• Gr
      9th of Mar, 2009

I signed up for grant member services and paid my 1.99 to get my CD, I went to the website to get "access" to different grants, well, they all came back "unable to display webpage" so I got my CD, thinking that I would get access from that, nope!!! The CD did no good, so I started researching a little and found that if I didnt cancel my order right away, I was going to be charge $95, so I called my bank to see what they could do and they fixed it for my by cancelling my Visa and sending me a new one so that I couldnt be charged, and they are having their investigation team look into this for me and for anyone else who has been scammed, I will also be posting this on other sites too. So, if you continue to get charged or haven't been yet but will be soon, I suggest cancelling your VISA too.

• Tg
      10th of Mar, 2009

I WAS ALSO SCAMMED NOT ONLY $1.99 BUT $19.12 AND $94.89. I AM GLAD IT ISN'T JUST ME BUT I HATE IT HAD TO HAPPEN TO ANY OF US. I DEMANDED MY MONEY BACK OR LEGAL ACTIONS WILL BE TAKEN. ONLY TIME WILL TELL I WILL COMMENT BACK WHEN I GET MY REFUND.

• Te
      10th of Mar, 2009

I agreed to $1.99 for the CD for Grant research they billed $94.89 without authorization.

• Bu
      11th of Mar, 2009

It's called a hidden continuity scam:

Report the scam to:

FTC

• Re
    Grant Member Services - Charged me $94.89 without my authorization
    Grant member servi es
    Robertscashblog.com

The as said they would charge you for a $1.99 CD. Then they turn around and charge you $94.89 with out your permission. THey will not refund the money.

11th of Mar, 2009

This company is a scam. I'm Major in the U.S. Army. My wife ordered the CD for Grant Research for $1.99 and has now been billed $94.89. Something needs to be done about these companies taking advantage of people. This is one reason the U.S. is hurting financially.

You should cancel your account by calling 866-876-2778. To get a refund email the following: support@grantmemberservices.com.

Make sure you contact the Federal Trade Commission and your States Federal Trade Commission Office and report your issue / make a complaint. This will help protect others from this company.

I Too Was A FOOL!!!

• Lo
      12th of Mar, 2009

i did not agree to the terms of your aggreement. please refund 94.89 back into my account. thank you

• Lo
      12th of Mar, 2009

i want a refund on 94.89. i'm not interested in being a member due to the recession