Grant Managment / Avoid at all costs

1 14 Coates CrescentEdinburgh, Scotland, Lothian, United Kingdom Review updated:

I rented a flat from Grant Management with 3 other professionals.

In the course of 10 months:

- they harassed us endlessly with inspections (always when we weren't home).
- charged us administrative fees for nothing!
- refused to reimburse the deposit to anyone but the lead tenant.
- did not maintain the common areas of the building (no lights in stairs, garbage in the close, etc.)
- sent us letters just after we moved in informing us that if we did not renew the lease immediately, they would start showing the apartment to potential new renters during our working hours.
- threatened to ruin our credit ratings.

Fa

Comments

• Je
      29th of Jul, 2009

I so agree with this comment. Do not touch Grant Management with anybody else's barge pole let alone your own. Promises of a clean property before moving in day - did not happen, the filth was incredible. Windows that did not open, damp that smelt, rooms legally too small to let, telephone calls not returned. Nobody accountable, unprofessional I could go on. The most distressing year of my life. Ist year student daughter found herself trapped into a "one off" offer from the uni and GRM, take it or leave it, with the promise of all issues to be sorted before she moved in. Grant management Newcastle, failed on all counts and funnily enough did nothing until a council inspection. Which then highlighted the fact that the room let to my daughter was not big enough to be a wardrobe let alone a bedroom. Now they want to keep some of the deposit to clean a property that was cleaner when left than when entered. There are far too many good honest agents about to not use Grant Management. Thankfully we found one!

17th of Aug, 2009

Totally agree and I am gonna complain against this company for the same reason !
    - they also made some viewing without telling us ! one day I saw people in my flat when I came back from Uni ! they were visiting !!
    - they wake me up in my bed a 9.00am to test the alarms ! however they went not on the days they told us, but 3 days after !!!
    - they leave us without any heating or hot water during 10 days, in November !!
    - they took 2 times our rent in May, and it put 20 days to have it back ! and because we came every day to require our money !!!
    - they did not want to give the deposit to everybody but the "lead tenant", and 3 days after the end of the lease, they changed their mind and asked to the lead tenant to find all the bank details and addresses of everybody in 1 week!
    - now they have passed the dead line to give our deposit back, and they do not want to give it because "someone has not given back the keys" !! of course they did'nt told us that since 1 month and a half that the lease is finished !!
    so yeah, Grant Management are the ones to avoid at all costs !!!

• Pe
      29th of Aug, 2009

Hi

Please do comlain!

I'm Peter Grant and I'm MD of the company.

You can complain to me at pg2@grantmanagement.co.uk

I'd be pleased to hear from you to either explain why we do things in certain ways of to get feedback on how we can improve.

Peter

16th of Mar, 2010

Peter,

I'm looking for a flat in Edinburgh. After having a somewhat sour experience with your company a few years ago where luckily I only made it as far as your Edinburgh office before I decided to rent with a REAL letting company. I dont think after trawling through literally hundreds of bad reviews of your company on the internet I doubt i'll be changing my mind about you or your company.

I'm interested to know where you find the time to actually get any real work done since you've pretty much managed to post the same empty message on all these websites about getting people to get in touch with you. If you would bother to actually read any of the reviews most of them state that they did in fact get in touch with your offices and no one bothered to get back to them.

If you actually want to know how to run a letting company take a few tips from Cullen property. I've rented with them for two years and never had any problems.

• Jb
      18th of Jan, 2011

Cannot agree more. I rented a flat from the Glasgow Grant Management, absolutely terrible. Was possibly the worst thing I had ever done in my life. Damp within days, sorted 4months later, painted only the affected damp areas so was a different colour from the wall? Flat was a health and safety risk after all rooms ended up with damp. Boiler froze in winter as pipes not insulated and then burst pipes flooded the place. Grant Management did not offer alternative accomodation (property was uninhabitable) and only refunded 8days rent even though we were out of a home for 5weeks?! Terminated the lease as per legal advice and GM are still trying to chase me for the cash (over 1 year later).Tthe service is terrible. Catrina from Glasgow branch was an absolute joke, extremely rude and had a very bad attitude towards clients. Emma was clueless and didn't actually know what she was talking about (constantly contradicted herself). Eventually they telephoned (2months later) to state that the flat was now habitable. Don't touch them. You really will only regret it. They are the worst letting agency ever.