Grant Help Order / Unable to cancel 7 day trial period

1 MI, United States Review updated:

I was willing to pay the $3.95 for the CD and review their product. After 3 days and I did not receive the CD, I tried to call the number [protected]) to cancel my trial period and received no response. I than entered my E-Mail address on the on-line contact site to cancel my trial period, but never did receive a confirmation. So, I tried for a week until I noticed the $74.95 charge on my credit card. I than went back to the web site and tried to cancel it again and did received an E-Mail that stated "Membership # 1318365 was previously canceled. Your membership is still active until the end of the billing cycle or trial period. There will be no additional charges. We wish you all the best in your grant search.”

I call my Credit Union (the credit card company) and they told me that this was not fraud and there was nothing they could do for me. I research the definition of fraud and this fits the definition. So, I'm getting... from my Credit Union and Grant Help Order, which had on their web site a number of organizations with misleading comments and this is FRAUD.

De

More Grant Help Order Complaints & Reviews

Comments

5th of Mar, 2009
    Grant Help Order - Scammed
    Grant help Order
    Piqua
    Ohio

I paid 3.95 for the 'help' to receive grants in this economic recession. I have yet to receive anything. Now They have charged me an additional 74.95 for not providing me with this 'help'. I have called the number posted on their website a few times but only got directory assistance. I hope some recourse is available.

22nd of Mar, 2009
    Grant Help Order - UNAUTHORIZED TRANSACTION ON MASTERCARD
    GRANT HELP ORDER
    2710 THOMAS AVE
    Cheyenne
    Wyoming
    GRANTHELPORDER.COM

Around the middle of February I had several (6 or 7) charges billed to my debit MasterCard. 3 of the 4 companies that I contacted immediately refunded my money. This particualr company proved to be a little more difficult to contact. I tracked them to the island of Nevis in the West Indies and got no further. Today I just received an envelope from them with this Cheyenne, WY return address. I have NO idea what is in here. Its about the size of a CD. I've asked USDirectExpress who sponsors my MasterCard to investigate, but i would appreciate any help you could give. The charge was for $74.95!

Thanks

• Je
      26th of Mar, 2009

I ordered their cd for 3.95. I have had 149.90 dollars in unauthorized charges debted from my account. I got them on the phone, finally, and complained for a refund. They said I wasn't in their computer and said they wouldl turn everything over to their supervisor. I tried to reach them again but no one answers the phone.

• Je
      26th of Mar, 2009

I also ordered the cd for 3.95. I never got the cd and they got 149.90 unauthorized charges from my bank account. I found that if you let the phone ring long enough they willl answer. It is always the same woman and she says the same thing that they will refund my 149.90 but I have yet to get it. I changed my bank account so they won't get any more but 150.00 is a lot of money to donate to a scam. The phone number I have is 1-888-662-8762. Let it ring until she answers.

• St
      31st of Mar, 2009

I ORDERED THEIR 3.95 CD---NEVER RECEIVED. THEN MY CREIT CARD IS BILLED 74.95 +3.95 . TRIED CALLING THEM ON PHONE AND CAN`T GET TO TALK TO ANYONE ABOUT. THIS FRAUDULENT BILL WHAT RECOURSE DO I HAVE? STANLEY HALL

• St
      6th of Apr, 2009
    Grant Help Order - Unauthorized Debit from Checking Account
    Grant Writting Express DBA HLD Grant Help Order
    Virginia

All,
    The phone number for Grant Help Order is 1-888-662-8762. I had the same issue with them, but we all should have looked at the fine print at the bottom left of the web page (www.grantwrittingexpress.com) before placing our order. We had 7 days from the time we recieved the CD to cancel the subscription. I called them and even thought I was beyond the 7 day limit they still refunded my money. Please give them a call. You might be suprised and then again maybe you won't.

• Co
      10th of Apr, 2009
    Grant Help Order - Stop payment
    Grant Help Order
    3762 York Rd.
    Furlong
    Pennsylvania

My name is Anthony T. Arena, I want to cancel my membership of HLD Grant Help Order, because I cannot afford to pay $74.95 per month, I lost my job three weeks ago. I wanted to stop payment on my credit card account from now on.
    Can have my money back to me?

My home address:
    3762 York Rd.
    Furlong, Pa. 18925

Sincerely
    Anthony T. Arena

• Gr
      22nd of Apr, 2009

ok i am wring this to stop payments and i would like a refund. i don' remember doing this i was in a very bad car accident and was on medications my name is Eileen Martin-BURNS address 5556 Beechmont Ave apt1 cincinnati, ohio. phone #513-386-7509 or 513-328689. i have had 74.95 dollars has been taken out of my account ending in 0469. so i would please like my money put back in my account i can get doctor note for the medicine i was on so i would like my money to get put back in my account asap. cancel the order. thank you my email address is emartinburns@yahoo.com. thank you i hope you take care of this right away. my home # number is 513-386-7509. thank you

• Ar
    Philadelphia
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: 2675367058
    ARKIEPADILLA@AOL.COM

This firm was selling CD about president Obama stimulis grant. I was only suppose to be charged $3.95 for shipping and handling. But, they also charged my credit card in the amount of $74.95 on two occasions. I reached a female from this firm in late February or early march and she informed me that the $74.95 will be refunded in five days. I waited 30 days and no refund. I received another credit card statement and this company billed me another charge for $74.95 i disputed this problem with my credit card firm and i about to do same with federal trade omission.

• Si
      9th of May, 2009
    Grant Help Order - Getting Help
    California

I ordered a "free" Grant CD, two days later I called a "Grant Instructor" to check approximate delivery date and cancel the "Free 7 day membership". My next credit card statement had a charge for $74.95 since, each statement has two charges $74.95 and $29.95.

Please help me and others by taking the time to CALL the agencies AND file a complaint with the appropriate government agencies. The following is a list I compiled yesterday. Remember to call them personally!

Note: I live in California you need to find your states local Departments. You may contact me at; singularity_curve@yahoo.com

California Department of Corporations - 866-275-2677
    California Attorney General - 800-952-5225 - www.at.ca.gov
    California Department of Financial Institutions - 800-622-0620

Federal Trade Commission - 877-382-4357 - www.ftc.gov
    Office of the Comptroller of the Currency - 800-613-6743
    This is the agency which regulates "National" banks.