Grant Funding Search / Unauthorized debit - scam

1 2850 Horizon Ridge Parkway Ste 200Henderson, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-210-2544

1.98 for grant info CD, received CD, CD blank, then went online to check website only to discover scam warnings, immediately went to my bank account to see an unauthorized charge of 69.99, called company several times, it seems system automatically disconnects the call after 5 1/2 minutes, did get someone to answer once but he put me on hold and then hung up, would love to get my hands on the cowards responsible for this, wish there was some way to warn others.

Comments

Grantfundingsearch.com - Unauthorized removal of funds from my checking account
    www.grantsearch.securemediabox.com
    securemediaboxl.com

After searching the web for grant funding sources - I found - what I thought was a great website. I was supposed to receive a CD for $1.98 which would be deducted from my checking account. I was not informed that I would later be charged a $69.95 monthly fee for membership.

I never received a CD and when I called them, they were very rude and told me that there was no way I could get my money back. I signed nothing. How can they continue to scam people and get away with it?

• 37
      20th of Jan, 2009

The same thing happened to me just now. they charged my account on the 10th of January and said the CD would come in the mail for only $1.98...I was going to go to the neighborhood Ignaugaral Ball tonight and ckd my bank on the computer to see my account balance for gas and these people wiped me out in my account...they charged me the $69.95 that was never mentioned in the application for the free CD. I am on Social Security and have no income...my bank has charged a daily OD fee now as I'm $31.00 in the red...I have no food or gas now...Please, someone have them reverse those charges I never expected. I never got the CD either and PLEASE stop this horrible scam...I 'm going to call the BBB on this! I'm on antidepressants right now and I'm going now over the edge...Help Me...Please!!! Somebody help...It's Ignaugaral Day and I want Obama to know now what happening here...I wanted to start my own business but now I want to take my life! HELP!!! Their phone message machine is full and they won't answer!!! TB

• 37
      20th of Jan, 2009

Please call write me email at TB

• Su
      23rd of Jan, 2009
    Grantfundingsearch.com - unauthorized debit
    GrantFundingSearch.com
    2850 Horizon Ridge Parkway #200
    Henderson
    Nevada
    GrantFundingSearch.com

If you cross reference the address given on the CD, if you received one, it will have a Regus company at that particular address and suite. Also a local NV phone number. Regus rents office space to businesses.
    Apparently they don't know anything, but if you have been scammed by this grantfundingsearch.com, contact the FTC; they have an online form and also, the Nevada Attorney General has a downloadable complaint form along with the fax numbers. This is the only way we can bring these people down.

• Be
      24th of Jan, 2009

I am so sorry to all of you who got taken as I almost did. Thank God I only had 5.50 in my account when they tried to get the supposed 1.98 dont know what they were trying to take but it wouldnt let them get it. So, I got suspicious and went online and found complaints. I immediately canceled my debit card so when funds came they couldnt get it. So I got them before they got me thank God. Please everyone, investigate fully before you get into something. I am ordering the book. Guide to government grants. Try that its safer. Good Luck.

• Do
      27th of Jan, 2009
    Grantfundingsearch.com - Bad Business Practices
    grantfundingsearch.com
    grantfundingsearch.com

Same old story, Wife ordered a cd for $1.98 and received a $69.95 charge one week later.

Unfortunately, this business appears to be legal because about 3 pages down in their "terms and conditions" they do spell out the fact that they will charge you the $69.95 if you don't cancel after their 7 day "trial period".

Still, this is a very deceitful business practice and I don't believe they will last too long as they have already made the top of the list on search engines for screwing people.

I am awaiting a call from their supervisor but don't really expect one and don't really know if there is anything I can do about this situation except complain and "read the fine print" on every website I visit.

27th of Jan, 2009

I recently paid for a CD from an account I only put funds into for specific web purposes. My own security measure. I made sure there was only two dollars left as they only wanted $1.98. The CD never arrived and after 28 days I called them. When I asked about my money they immediately asked for my card info, and referenced something about $69.95. I immediately went on the web and found this post. Pleeeeaaaseee...! Don't use this service it is a scam. The authorities should look into this, since they are supposedly using the USPS. This would constitute mail fraud and a federal offense. Contact local federal authorities...and good luck.

• Pr
      28th of Jan, 2009

I been scammed to. What's the FTC?

• Pr
      28th of Jan, 2009

I have been scammed to. What is the FTC? And what can we do about this? Is there any way I can get my money back?

• Su
      28th of Jan, 2009

The FTC is the Federal Trade Commission. I was also scammed this morning for 69.95 by this company. I IMMEDIATELY called my bank and the transaction is pending, thus the money is not able to be credited back to my account. The next best thing was to cancel my debit card immediately, which I did and the bank is issuing me a new card. I asked if any transactions came through today would it be honored, and the lady said no, it is effective immediately. So if you haven't cancelled your card, do it asap, you have lost the initial money but they won't be able to do it again.

• Ha
      28th of Jan, 2009

Under the chapter of:-Creating fake profile

Case       Creating fake profile
    State         Andhra Pradesh
    City         Hyderabad
    Sections of Law   67 Information Technology Act 2000, 507, 509 of the Indian Penal Code.
    Background

The complainant received an obscene e-mail from an unknown e-mail ID. The complainant also noticed that obscene profiles along with photographs of his daughter had been uploaded on matrimonial sites.

Investigation

The investigating officer examined and provided the statements of the complainant and his daughter. The complainant stated that his daughter was divorced and her husband had developed a grudge against them due to the failure of the marriage.

The investigating officer took the original e-mail from the complainant and extracted the IP address of the same. From the IP address he could ascertain the Internet service provider.

The IP address was traced to a cable Internet service provider in the city area of Hyderabad. The said IP address was allotted to the former husband sometime back and his house was traced with the help of the staff of ISP.

A search warrant was obtained and the house of the accused was searched. During the search operation, a desktop computer and a handicam were seized from the premises. A forensic IT specialist assisted the investigation officer in recovering e-mails (which were sent to the complainant), using a specialized disk search tool as well as photographs (which had been posted on the Internet) from the computer and the handicam respectively. The seized computer and the handicam were sent to the forensic security laboratory for further analysis.

The experts of the forensic security laboratory analysed the material and issued a report stating that:

•   the hard disk of the seized computer contained text that was identical to that on the obscene e-mail;
    •   the computer had been used to access the matrimonial websites on which the obscene profiles were posted;
    •   the computer had been used to access the e-mail account that was used to send the obscene e-mail;
    •   the handicam seized from the accused contained images identical to the ones posted on the matrimonial Websites.

Based on the report of the FSL it was clearly established that the accused had:

•   created a fictitious e-mail ID and had sent the obscene e-mail to the complainant;
    •   posted the profiles of the victim along with her photographs on the matrimonial sites.

Current status

Based on the material and oral evidence, a charge sheet has been filed against the accused and the case is currently pending trial.

FOR MORE INFORMATIONS & HELP Please the website:---
    Good Luck !
    harrysmith51

• Da
      28th of Jan, 2009

Well, after two days of trying to get a refund, it appears I am stuck with the charge of 69.95 for a service I will not be using. The company claims that my ordering a cd for 1.98 also agreed to a 7 day trial period and that I called one day to late so I also agreed then to the above charge being placed. Not even my bank will help to reverse the charge. I did not even order this item from their website.

• Le
      30th of Jan, 2009

The same thing just happened to me. After I ordered I saw these complaints. I called the number they gave me to cancel. The woman who answered the phone was very rude and said that they don't do that and they were a marketing company. After I told her this was the number they gave me to cancel and many other things she said she couldn't cancel it for 72 hours. Nobody told me about a 69.95 charge either. I asked her about that and she said they don't charge that amount for anything. She literally tried to get me off of the phone right away!Red flag told me to cancel my debit card which is exactly what I just did! I got this website from a website that said, "Don't Get Scammed"! They listed four supposedly legitimate websites that they had researched and found to be the best ones!! My blood is boiling. I was trying to find help just like everyone else. I'm divorced, lost everything I ever owned and have been homeless for over 3 years!! On top of that I have been disabled from my job. If anyone finds anything where someone like me can find legitimate help please respond to this message. I'm so sorry we have to be victims of people like this when life is already so hard! To all of you out there trying to make their way...God bless and be safe.

• Fr
      30th of Jan, 2009

Had the same thing happen---almost---went to log in on their website and after waiting about 5-6 minutes waitng fot it to load I gave up. Tried to call their phone number on the print out with the Log In etc. codes, and it would not go through. Immediately called the bank and talked to a rep. They were knowlegable about the scam that is being perpetrated. They tried the same phone number and website to no avail. I now have to close my account and open a whole new one just to be safe. I was lucky and I hope someone will read these postings and be warned!!!

• Go
      31st of Jan, 2009

I was scammed as well for $69.95-01/17/09 -no phone number to call.
    Where is the website to report these people?

I would appreciate the help.

Thank you for posting this.

gofishnana
    Shreveport, La.

1st of Feb, 2009

God Bless YOU.

1st of Feb, 2009

They scammed me, as well. My bank wouldn't co-operate with me. Saying that if there is a place anywhere on the page that says, "terms", whether you agree to them or not, they were there for you to read. I even caught this before the money was "officially" taken out. I told the girl on the phone that she better start looking for a job. It is sad, I only hope they don't scam all their employees, as well. But, fraud is fraud.
    I have done business on the internet for years, and have never fallen into a bad situation.

• Ly
      3rd of Feb, 2009

i cannot get on any web site by using my id # and password. they said i could fill out a application on the web so far no go.please help.

discolady00@verizon.net

3rd of Feb, 2009

i got taken by this same scam. i have a wife 3 kids and i am in school and now we have know money in the bank. i do not know what i am going to do. i feel like i hav elet my family down.

• Vi
      3rd of Feb, 2009

i immediately called my bank, returned the cd, and the bank is refusing the charge. You just have to fill out a paper. If you have a debit card that you used, you can dispute charge, cancel card and they will re-issue a new card. THEY CAN BE STOPPED. I sent a message to my space about that being on their website and made them aware of what is going on. the web address on the outside of the cd was support@grantfundingsearch.com and it is fraudulent!