Grant Funding Search CD / unauthorized withdrawals from credit card

another one scamed by companys offering products free products
then stealing the money from hard working people that can't
afford the expences. i was offered a cd for the price of the
shipping/handling charge and have been charged 69.95
three different times, then having to pay the charge to my
credit card co. to stop any more payments to these ###.
when is this government going to do something about all
these scams? as many complaints as i see (after the fact of
coarse) submited it seems to me something should have
been done to stop this company by now! how many more
people have to be ripped off before this is shut down.

Comments

• Pa
      5th of Feb, 2009
    Grant Funding Search CD - unauthorized charge
    Grant Funding Search
    Dayton
    Texas

Looks like I am one of a long list of consumers that have been taken advantage of by Grantfundingsearch. When I found the web site that said all I had to pay was $1.99 there was nothing on it about a monthly charge of $69.95. Also when I tried to use the site I couldn't because I did not have a user ID and password. I called the company and was given a ID and Password, but they don't work. I am going to call back tomorrow and try to get it fixed. If I can't use the site I will file charges through my bank.

Also don't even try to use their CONTACT US area because all you get is a error message.

• Re
      4th of Mar, 2009
    Grant Funding Search CD - FRAUDS!!!
    Grant Funding Search
    2850 Horizon Ridge Parkway Suite 200 89052
    Henderson
    Nevada
    Phone: (888)-210-2544

My name is Rebecca Sweney, and I, like thousands of people on here filing a complaint against this comany, am a victim of fraud from the Grant Funding Search in Henderson, Nevada. I was told that I would receive a CD in the mail for 1.99, and that that would be ALL they would charge. A week and a half later, I was charged $69.95 to my account. I called to cancel my "membership, " and they told me that in the "terms and conditions" it said I had 0nly 10 days, not the original 30 days I was told to begin with to cancel, and they said the company would e-mail me within 2 business days saying whether or not I would get a refund. Sure enough, 2 business days later, I get no e-mail. So then I proceed to call them back to get my refund. They told me 3-5 business days I would get a refund. I actually did get a refund from them, however, I was still charged for $29.95 for an "IWB Club" that I have never even heard of. I know this is a scam through The Grant Fund Search from others who have filed the same complaint. Even if I do get a refund from these people, how am I to know that they haven't given my account number to other scammers? What steps should I take to protect my account????? Should I be talking to my bank? I am just a young woman in college who was trying to get more financial aid for schooling, and it's turned into a HUGE scam, and I have never been in this situation before. Please, someone contact me if you can help. My e-mail is rmsweney@students.nwc.edu. Thank you!!

• Bo
      25th of Jul, 2009

Why is it always the government that has to do something? How about you take responsibility for your self and for being irresponsible with your credit card online?