Grant Funding Search / Fraud

This company is a legal scam. I ordered a free cd and only had to pay $1.98 for shipping. Somewhere hidden in the terms apparently they state they will charge you $69.95 if you don't cancel in a certain time frame. When you try to call them you get a voice mail by from someone who barely speaks english. I don't expect a call back and I will probably be out the 70.00 bucks. I have learned a lesson though. I will never order off of sites like that again. File the claim with your bank and cancel your credit/debit card and order a new one. I wouldn't be surprised if outfits like this sell your info.

Kb

Comments

• Rd
      7th of Jan, 2009
    Grant Funding Search - Unauthorized Charge
    Grant Funding Search
    2850 Horizon Ridge Parkway, Suite 200
    Henderson
    Nevada
    Phone: 888-210-2544
    grantfundingsearch.com

I authorized $1.99 debit from my PayPal Mastercard to pay for shipping for a free CD on grants. I received the CD. Even before I opened the celophane, I was charged an additional $69.95 which I did NOT authorize.

I also see a spike in the number of spams I receive, all about money-making scehemes.

I understand that this company does this regularly. It is FRAUD, pure and simple.

14th of Jan, 2009

I ordered a free government grant cd, on 1/1/09. all i had to pay was the shipping. 8 days later they deducted $69.95, from my checking account. 01/09/2009, with out my knowledge. On, 01/13/2009, I received a cd in the mail from Grant search.com. I have notified the F.B.I. and i want my money back. I have not viewed the cd and do not want to. I want nothing to do with these crooked people. I was going to send the cd back but the F.B.I. says to retaine the cd for evidence. I want my money back A.S.A.P.

Grant funding Search is a scam, I want my $70.00 back

14th of Jan, 2009

Grant Funding Searce is a scam, I want my money back($69.95)

• Ge
      15th of Jan, 2009

I also got charged money for something I did not agree to. I was charged $73.07 for a CD and to be able to view a website! I have contacted the Attorney General and also the BBB, I have disputed these charges and I think you all should do the same. I am also considering contacting an attorney! I will not let this go until I get my money back! ANYONE THINKING ABOUT USING THIS COMPANY SHOULD RECONSIDER!!! THEY ARE A BUNCH OF CONS!!!

• Ka
      15th of Jan, 2009

I had the same problem. Who can this be reported to?

15th of Jan, 2009

I to have been taken in by "Grant Funding Research". I paid $1.98 for a CD (which I haven't received yet) and they have taken $69.95 out of my account. I thought I would have a period of time to look over the CD before I could decide if I wanted to continue or not. They do not give you that chance, they probably haven't even sent the CD yet. I was able to sign in to the WEB site, but couldn't figure out how to use it, so I signed up for their "webinar". I missed the night I was suppose to watch it because I was sick, so I signed up for the next time which is suppose to be tonight. I received my bank statement today where I found out about the $69.95 withdrawal, I was so mad I canceled the whole thing. I would like very much to get my money back if I can.

• La
      16th of Jan, 2009

I have a fax number to send the information to! My wife ordered a "FREE" information cd from this company that had a charge of $1.98 for shipping and handling. When she saw that there was going to be a fee of $39.95 she called and cancelled. On 01/15/2009 they took $69.95 out of her bank account. I have called and called, and I keep getting a call center in the Phillipines. When I FINALLY get a supervisor they are in UTAH, and I've been told that the coorperate office is in NEW YORK. I have been told numerous times that there is no charge for $69.95, but it's on the bank statement. I finally got a fax number! It's (432)205-5415 to send a copy of the charge to. The ladie's name is EMILY KOONZ, and I've been told that it will take 24 hours for them to call back. Just black out what they don't need to see...ie account numbers etc. so they can see the charge. Include a contact number, and the name of the company...Grant funding search. GOOD LUCK!!

• Ca
      16th of Jan, 2009

I only authorized $1.98 to come out of my checking account on 01/07/09 for info. on Grants to be sent to me and today there is $69.95 taken out of my account from them. I did not authorize that!!! I want to be reimbursed!

• La
      16th of Jan, 2009

its called being lazy and not doing the research !

If you want info on Government grants - YOU GO TO THE GOVERNMENT - ITS FREE! Federal Trade Commission Website

this scam works because everyone takes the dumb route and pays for information already available for free.

• Ms
      16th of Jan, 2009

I along with many others ordered a grant information cd from grantfundingsearch.com. They charged me for the cd and then a week later charged me an additional $69.95. I DID NOT authorize the $69.95 charge to my credit card.

When I called to have this charge removed and asked to speak to a supervisor I was told that they were having computer difficulties so speaking to a supervisor was not possible. I insited that to speak to a supervisor would not include the computer, since a supervisor is a human being and not a computer. At that point I was hung up on.

I called my bank and have cancelled my credit card I am disputing the unauthorized charge with the bank. If anyone else would like to try to contact grantfundingsearch.com their number is
    1-888-210-2544. Good luck!

• Sh
      16th of Jan, 2009

I just called these people three times and the first time I was disconnected.
    I believe I got the same lady (Dominique) who says they are having technical difficulties and to try back in an hour. She asked this time for my phone number and says that she will send me an email showing my cancellation and if I don't get it to call back in an hour. So then I asked for a supervisor and she tells me they are working on the issue. I asked for a name and she gave me Lisa Reyes. I will try calling back to see what happens next.

888 210 2544 is the number I called.

• Le
      18th of Jan, 2009
    Grant Funding Search - Unauthorize use of funds
    Grant Funding Search
    Dayton
    Ohio

Grant Funding was suppose to cost a 1.95 cent to send a CD . They took $69.95 cent from my account . They had no authoriztion from Me to do this I am asking for a refund as well as to be composayed for my overdraft from my bank

• Le
      18th of Jan, 2009

This is false advertisment and this company should be sue

• Sy
    Grant Funding Search - robbed of money from Debit account
    748 Magnet Rd, Lot 16
    Covington
    Georgia
    Phone: 770-788-2658

I ordered the CD for 1.98 and used my debit card
    to pay for shipping and handling. A week later
    they took 69.95 from my checking account
    using my Debit card number that I didn't authorize.
    I am very distressed, and have no number with which to call them from. Please help if you have
    any telephone numbers I can reach this Grant Funding Search Company with. These crooks need to be in jail. ...Sylvia Reid

• Jw
    Grant Funding Search - charged 69.95
    Grant Fuding Search
    grantfundingsearch.com

I paid $1.95 for information on grant funding I got a cd in the mail then when I got my bank statement I was also charge $ 69.95 that I did not know anything about. They never even sent me a phone number so I can cancel.
    People should be told they have to cancel or they will be charged 69.95. and there is nothing on the cd none of the so call grant a for people judt gor like science research and school or goverment projects.

• Ca
      19th of Jan, 2009

Unauthorized charge. Same scenerio as I am reading about. Authorized $1.98 for a CD, I don't even have CD yet and $69.95 wad debited from my checking account. I spoke with this company today with no satisfaction.
    I am not going to leave this alone, especially now that I see so many people have been robbed like me. Looking for grants and this co. took $ from some who did not have it.

• Ta
      20th of Jan, 2009
    Grant Funding Search - they took money from my account

i ordered a cd for 1:98 and they took that from my account plus 69.95 when i got in touch with whoever it was they said i had 7 days to stop it but i never received any thing to let me know. i think its wrong for them to do this to people. that money they took from me was for bills now im 69.95 short on my bills thanks to them.

• Co
      20th of Jan, 2009

they are should be punished for what they are doing they have no rights to take 69.95 dollars out of my account like i just have money to give for a c.d which i never got so if any one is taking this to the f.b.i i will help cause they got my money too...

• Pa
      21st of Jan, 2009
    Grant Funding Search - stole money
    grant funding search
    Henderson
    Nevada
    support@grantfundingsearch.com

I wanted to get a grant for school and ordered the CD for 1.99 that was all . I checked my bank statement and found a withdrawl of 69.95 that I DID NOT approve. I went to my bank and filed fraud withdrawl charges. You need to find these ### and put a stop to this scam NOW.