Grant Dollars Now / Unauthorized transaction

I also have reported fradulent / unauthorized transactions from this company in December. The first was 12/12 for 1.95. This was followed by one on the 18th for 58.61. When I reported it to Visa, there was also a transaction pending from 22/12. It is supposedly something related to credit reports. We definitely did not request or authorize anything like it and have reported them to Chase Visa.

Be

Comments

• El
      22nd of Dec, 2008
    GRANT DOLLARS NOW - HAVE NO IDEA WHO THEY ARE
    GRANT DOLLARS NO

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN,
    I CHECKED MY ONLINE CREDIT REPORT. $58.61 WAS TAKEN OUT OF MY CREDIT CARD I HAVE NO IDEA WHO THESE PEOPLE ARE. THEY JUST WENT IN & TOOK MONEY OUT WITH OUT TALKING TO ME OR ANYTHING. I'VE BEEN INVOLVED IN SCAMS BEFORE & LOST MONEY. BY THESE PEOPLE TAKING THAT $58 OUT WHICH I PUT MONEY INTO THAT ACCT. MY OWN PERSONAL MONEY TO PAY BILLS & KNOWING WHAT I HAVE IN & WHAT I CAN SPEND. THEN TO LOOK AT IT & SEE THAT $58 IS MISSING FOR SOMETHING I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. THAT MONEY JUST TOOK AWAY MY CHRISTMAS DINNER FOR MY 2 CHILDREN & MYSELF. I AM A SINGLE MOTHER WHO IS ON A FIXED INCOME, NO ALIMONEY NOTHING. I TRY TO WORK SCRUBBING FLOORS & ETC TO MAKE MONEY. WHO EVER HANDLES THIS I WANT AN ANSWER TO MY QUESTION OF WHY DID THIS COMPANY TAKE MONEY WHEN THEY DIDN'T EVEN KNOW ME? IF I DON'T HAVE AN ANSWER BY THIS AFTERNOON & MONEY PUT BACK INTO MY ACCT. I WILL TAKE ACTION FIRST WITH THE POLICE DEPT BY THE WAY MY BROTHER IS CAPTAIN, MY UNCLE IS SERGANT. & I HAVE A FEW MORE RELATIVES IN HIGHER POSITIONS, FBI, DEA, CSI & ETC. SO I NEED AN ANSWER SO MY KIDS CAN HAVE SOMETHING TO EAT. WE ARE ALONE SINCE ALL MY FAMILY DOESN'T BOTHER WITH US. BUT IF I WERE TO CALL & TELL THEM WHAT HAPPENED I'M KNOW THEY WILL HAVE TO DO SOMETHING TO THESE PEOPLE. HAVE I MADE MYSELF CLEAR? YOU'VE TAKEN AWAY FOOD FOR CHRISTMAS FOR MY CHILDREN THEIR AGES ARE GIRL 4YRS, GIRL 8 YRS OLD. CAN YOU LIVE WITH YOUR SELF KNOWING WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO ME & TO OTHER PEOPLE?
    HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU TODAY. OTHER WISE I WILL TAKE ACTION

• Kr
      23rd of Dec, 2008

Customer service number is 800-235-1364
    apparently there is a 7 day trial and then they charge the "monthly fee" so you don't cancel this now you will be charged the same amount again next month
    You need your zip code and email to cancel and they will refund you the money the day after it has been charged

• Ab
      31st of Dec, 2008
    GRANT DOLLARS NOW - unauthorized transactions
    Iowa

I have no idea who these people are! My bank account was debted for a payment of $1.95 once and $58.61 at a later date. I want my ###in money back!!! Whoever you are I will figure out a way to shut your operation down! How dare you steal from hard working citizens exspecially when there is NO authorization from my account for anyone!

• Ab
      31st of Dec, 2008

I completely agree! What happened to HONEST, hard-working people?

• Je
      4th of Jan, 2009
    GRANT DOLLARS NOW - Unauthorized Money
    2907 Pleasant grove rd
    Texarkana
    Texas
    Phone: 9038325971

I have 2 charges on my checking acct using my debit card for (Grant Dollars Now ) 1-866-524-7747 and cannot get no one to return my calls . the amount deducted from my ACCt was for $60.37 and @2.01 all unauthorized deductions.

6th of Jan, 2009
    GRANT DOLLARS NOW - unauthorized charge
    Gaithersburg
    Maryland

I thought I was only purchasing access to some web site for $3.04. Then a week later there is another charge for $68.13. Seems there was this seven-day time limit within which I was to cancel or be charged $68.13 each month. There was no mention of this on the web page where I made the pruchase. Then seven days later there was yet another charge to SBA Connections for $13.42. Again there was no mention of this on the web site. I was able to contact their customer service at 866-524-7747 and told them to cancel everything.

• Ka
      8th of Jan, 2009

I also received these charges of $58.61 and .47 for international charge
    My son signed up for 7 day free trial for $1.95 on 12/05/08 and on 12/12/08 these charges were billed to my card. I called Grant Dollar Now and canceled services to no avail. I have e-mail them everyday and I have not heard a thing.
    I have 3 different numbers and they all say the same thing, NO REFUND...The people I speak with will not give any address to contact anyone. They are very rude to us.

My understanding is my seven day would not be up until 12/13/08. Dah...
    they have your account number and they can take what ever from it...

Kathy
    Ohio
    USA

• Ka
      12th of Jan, 2009

I saw this add for $1.95 now I'm worried that the money I paid will cost me 59.00 more. What can I do to stop this???

• El
      15th of Jan, 2009

i had this same scam happen to me. has anyone been able to get their money back anyway? i had my card cancelled and am getting a new one & once the $68.13 charge posts to my account I am going to report a visa fraud dispute. But was wondering if anyone has had the money put back in their accounts? let me know if you can be of any help thanks.

• Sw
      16th of Jan, 2009

I was a victim of this scam as well...paid the initial $3.04 for shipping and was then charged $68.13 because I was unaware of the seven-day trial period I was supposed to cancel to avoid additional charges. I called this morning and spoke to an extremely rude agent who continued to spout off the Terms and Conditions to me and tell me I wasn't getting a refund. I then spoke to a supervisor who was also rude and told me there would be no refund although my membership would be cancelled. I told him I didn't understand how any of them could sleep at night knowing they were doing this to people every day. I calmed down and called back and spoke to a much more compassionate agent who used one of his "courtesy options" to refund half of the $68.

Bottom line, ALWAYS READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS before you purchase anything online. These trial offers are rarely explained on the first page or the purchase page of the website. They are explained under the Terms and Conditions link at the bottom of the website. This is the second lesson I've had to learn the hard way with scams like this. At least the other company was willing to refund all the charges.

• Kh
      19th of Jan, 2009
    GRANT DOLLARS NOW - Unauthorized Charges
    Grant Dollars Now

Who are these people and how did they get my credit card number? I just reviewed my statement and noticed a $1.95 charge from "Grant Dollars Now." I'm glad I saw this site and read what other people have experienced with this "company." Hopefully I will be able to get a hold of someone at the number provided so that they will stop charging me for something I never authorized.

• Lj
      22nd of Jan, 2009
    GRANT DOLLARS NOW - fraudulent / unauthorized transactions
    Phone: 866-524-7747
    onlinegrantexpress.com

I have reported fraudulent / unauthorized transactions from this company in January. The first was 12/31/08 for 1.95 and $0.06. This was followed by one on the 1/7/09 for 58.61 and $1.76. I called the number provided on my bank statement 866-524-7747 and was informed that that do not issue any refunds and that I needed to send an email to SUPPORT@GRANTRESEARCHGUIDE.COM to request my money back. At the same time they cancled my account.
    As of today I still do not have my money refunded

25th of Jan, 2009

All,
    As you all can see it is not a honest website, and the best thing we can do is posting our problem and the company's name.
    Since I only had the US$2.95 charged so far, I requested a new card number and block my actual card, BEFORE..., they start to charge the extra MEMBERSHIPS, I don't want.
    They are not just try pushing a single "membership", they use your credit card number to enroll you in more than one membership... In order to cancel these unwanted membership we need information we won't get it in the mail on time to cancel.

• Na
      26th of Jan, 2009

My name is Natalia Gorbacheva. I was entered to
    website GRANT DOLLARS NOW. I've never use this
    website and didn't receive any information. I want
    to cancel my membership. Please return me $58.61
    to my debit card.
    Sincerely Your Natalia Gorbacheva.
    01/26/09

• Do
      27th of Jan, 2009

I thought I was just sending for info on grants for $1.95. It never said anything about joining a membership for something else. I called just now (and was on hold for a long time) and the first thing the guy said was "Are we canceling your membership?". You supposedly signed up for something and you have a week to cancel or you get charged, so you better call and cancel ASAP!

3rd of Feb, 2009
    GRANT DOLLARS NOW - Unauthorized charges to my bank account
    Grants Research Guide

I had no idea that by merely requesting the information on grants I'd be charged nearly $60 a month - and for a product that I never received to begin with. I was under the impression that I would receive INFORMATION about a product that I would have the opportunity to buy OR NOT, with the ability to cancel in the future if I wasn't satisfied. I was questioned by Ms. Johnson as to why I am JUST NOW calling to complain that I never received the product in question. I wasn't aware I had ever ordered one. I simply was looking for information. I wasn't calling to complain about not receiving a product, I was calling to contest the charges to my account.

I didn't even know there WAS a product in question until I received my bank statement today and saw that I was charged $58.61 on the 26th of December. I called my bank immediately to dispute the charge and was told that there was ANOTHER charge to my account on the 26th of January! Imagine my shock. I am not at financial liberty to throw away $60 a month on a phantom product - or a product of any kind that I haven't fully approved yet. I don't know many who are or would.

If I misunderstood the website ad then I misunderstood. However, that does not take away the fact that I have yet to receive a product to begin with! How can someone charge people for nothing???

I have been emailing, by instruction, a request that I be reimbursed the 2 charges of $58.61 taken out of my account and the assurance that no further charges will be assessed to my account. I did receive an email that my "cancellation" request had been received. Cancellation of what!!??

"Ms. Johnson" made it very clear to me during our phone call that there are no refunds... but what am I asking for a refund against??? I want only to be treated fairly. I have nothing to show for almost $120 in charges. Nothing. I am asking for nothing but my money returned to me. To no avail at this date.

What fools we are.

• Me
      6th of Feb, 2009
    GRANT DOLLARS NOW - Bogus Charges
    Las Vegas
    Nevada

I too was on e of the people who requested information about the grant cd. They charges me for shipping and handling. I never got the cd. Today I see a pending charge for $57.00 and I read all the complaints about the people that they have also ripped off. Well I took the liberty of calling my credit card company and filinga dispute which I am hoping they will honor, I also contacted the BBB, which I suggest you all do. Not to mention I sent theiur "customer service" a flaming e-mail. If I do not get my money back, this sound like overkill, I will contact every media outlet in this town and let them know about this outrageous scam. I hope that soem of you will do that too. There is no protection for consumers inthis country anymore.

• Mr
      6th of Feb, 2009
    Grant Dollars Now - Complete Rip-off
    Dresden
    Ohio

I agree to purchase a c.d. for the purpose of requesting information to obtain Government Grants. I was not permitted to access the web-site, nor did I receive any c.d. in the United States Mail ! This charge for the access was put on my credit card, but I didn't even get to use the web-site or get a c.d. This is a complete and fraudulant web-site. DO NOT USE!!

• Se
      9th of Feb, 2009
    GRANT DOLLARS NOW - scam
    GRANT DOLLARS NOW

This is a scam. I ordered downloadable software but nothing happened. Later I found my card was charged $1.95 and $0.05 for 'Foreign transaction fee'. It looks like this company 'Grant dollars now' is based on a foreign country where they don't get taxed and do this scam. This is a 100% fraud! don't ever try and, if you did, cancel or remove your membership. I wonder how they can put their ad on a company like CNN. do they have some relationship?

• Ca
      9th of Feb, 2009

I have recently found a charge that was applied to my account in 10/08 for 79.95 +1.52 int. service fee to CHRpay.com/meyroco. This was an unauthorized debit on my account. What can be done at this point?