GRANT DANGER / CHARGES YOUR BANK MOR THAN TOLD

I WAS CHARGED $1.95 FOR A CD SO I THOUGHT AND COME TO FIND OUT THEY CHARGED MY BANK ANOTHER $56.61 FOR SUPPORT FOR 7 DAYS, WHICH I NEVER GOT ANYWAY!!! CALLED AND WAS TOLD I DIDN'T READ THE FINE PRINT AND CREDITED MY ACCOUNT $30 ONLY BECAUSE I CALLED WITHIN THE 7 DAYS, LIKE THEY WERE DOING ME A FAVOR!!TOTAL RIP OFF!!!

Comments

Ch
  2nd of Jan, 2009

I NEVER GOT MY CD AND THEY CHARGE ME $1.95 AND NOW I NEED THEIR NUMBER SO THAT THEY CAN CREDIT ME MY MONEY BACK

Hr
  6th of Jan, 2009

I need thier number also. I paid the 2.95 shipping fee, 56.81 fee, now I'm getting small international service fee's taken off of my card. I need to get my money back

Kr
  6th of Jan, 2009

I went through exactly what id being described. Erroneous charges, international fees... I called the company (800-235-1364) and smoke to a very ignorant "customer service rep". I never got a CD but more importantly Ive never been on a website called GRANTDANGER. The bottom line is they will not (with very very very few exceptions) refund money. I had to have them blocked from my checking account AND I had to cancel both of our cards that are linked to our checking account. Good luck. FYI I was on hold for almost 45 minutes.

Er
  5th of Feb, 2009
GRANT DANGER - Attention Fraud
Mississippi

My debit card was charged for services that I did not apply for. I looked at my billing statement and was charged $58 and some change but I wasn't aware and have not made an attempt to purchase anything dealing with a grant. I have not recieved any materials, such as cd's or anything and I would like to be fully reimbursed and removed from your list of clients.
I was given a cancellation number of 181543.

Jo
  6th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

This happened to me as well. I was told after calling numerous times and being on hold for 30+ minutes at a time that the person on the phone could not refund my money and I would have to e-mail his boss. I did 2 days ago and still have not gotten a response, or a 7 day "FREE" trial, or the information via cd that was supposed to be sent to me in the next 2-3 business days. Its bologna. I'm filing fraud with my bank. If anyone else has any luck, please let me know!!

Jo
  10th of Feb, 2009

I had the same problem with Grant Danger. The phone number wasnt answered to cancel and the website contact form didnt submit. The email address they used to contact me ( support@grantdanger.com) is invalid. After they charged me $58.61 I was given a phone number through the bank and called to get the right email: support@grantresearchguide.com.
I am contacting all news stations, news papers, and BB. Please give me local contacts to cointact in Nevada and lets put them out of business.

Michigan

Vi
  11th of Feb, 2009

2 days after I sumitted online..the grant reasearch guide people called me...they wanted my CC info again...I wouldnt give it to them and told them that if they already had info from me submitting online to cancel...I was 3.09 instead of 2.95 then 6 days later the same people charged my account 58.95...still working on it...bank involved...ect. Grant reasearch customer service # is 1-888-276-8163 - grant danger is 888-276-8105 very similar numbers and I voiced this to them when talking to them. Claimed to be different company.

La
  12th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

The same thing happened to me. I have paid monies for grant information I never received. I asked also to have my account canceled. Customer service was so willing to cancel as if they were used to the phone calls. Its criminal to charge my account $58.00 for money that was supposedly free. the email implies taht you are paying only $2.95 for shipping and handling. This company is fraudulently operating and taking advantage of those persons in deperate financial situations. Something needs to be done about this!

Ju
  16th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

i recently found out about the extra charges made without my knowing for a grant that i never received. i asked my debit card company to cancel the transaction but they told me there was nothing they can do that i would have to call and cancel with the people i made the purchase with. the problem is is that i never ordered anything that was $58.00 and i don't know how to stop this from happening to anyone else

La
  18th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

This happend to my husband also on my credit card. My husband specically looked for the possibility of a monthly fee being attached and did not see one. Imagine our surprise when he went to to fill up his car this moring & the card was maxed due to their charge. I called them & they very quickly cancelled the account but refused to refund the money or pass me to a supervisor. The rep claimed that she had sent me an email of how to contact the billing department which has not come in as yet. I wonder if it will. I consider this a scam that unfortunately preys on people like my husband and me that are overwhelmed with debt. I plan on reporting this to the BBB and I think everyone should.

Da
  24th of Feb, 2009
GRANT DANGER - CD Does not work
?
5348 Vegas Drive, Suite 866
Las Vegas, NV
Nevada
Phone: 1-800-235-1364

Orderd a Grant Resource from this company, they said for free just pay the shipping fee of $2.95, I reveived the CD from them it does not work. They also billed my credit card for $59.78 which they did not tell me about. I called them they said they would send out another one which they have done.

These guys are a scam.

Ri
  28th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

We contacted the company too. They(New Grant for You) threatened legal action against us, if we
try to charge back the $58. We did report to our credit card this is a fraudalent charge, as my wife had
called and verified with them, no charges would occur after the CD. You're right the CD is fraudalent,
as it does nothing but open up to a copy of the website.
The cd came from Grant Resource Guide. The billing read New Grant for You. But the original site where this started was Grant Danger. When we tried to respond to the email to the original email confirmation(support@grantdanger.com) it kept coming back.

Does anyone know if these companies are the same, but different titles?

Has anyone contacted CNN or any of the networks to investigate their legality and identity?

We will be contacting Secretary of State in states we located each of these companies, thus far.

2h
  2nd of Mar, 2009
GRANT DANGER - Fraud
Grant Danger
grantdanger.com

Received the information CD & then charged 58.61 on my credit card. I never accessed or requested access to the help center or any other information. Called 2 times to haved charges removed & they refuse. There has to be some way to get this scam removed & prosecuted. They are ripping hundreds of people off! This should be illegal.

Wv
  5th of Mar, 2009

Myself have been scam to and i also try to get my money back and was told the same thing.So i decided being that there not going to give me my money back .I figure i should at least try to get online with them. Its getting close to my dead line and i havent yet been able to get anywhere with this company. Sure they e-mail and told me that was problem with the web page and now its up and running . But the problem is i try to open up the page i still hasnt work.Well let me put this way. I steal havent got no where with this company and yes there thousands of people getting ripe off by this company.With the job these days we really dont a company ripping off to. Time are hard enough and this low life company is making a living off us . Where here trying to better are self . And we are getting no where. One would think are goverment would at least close them down I it a bunch of bull when do nothing about crook s on the internet.

Lo
  5th of Mar, 2009

hi everyone ripped off by this .they said it was not refundable there number is 18664706898 good luck

Ma
  16th of Mar, 2009

I reseved the amount of my bill that went on a credit card from a company(Gov Grants For Me) is what it said on my statement. I did this on-line and that all I owed was $1 and some odd sent. When I called the company they said there was a paragraph on the site that said I would be charged $58 and some odd sent (when there wasn't) I would have seen it and would not have done it!! She said she couldn't refund my money so I told here I would get my card company to deal with getting my money back. I hung up on her and called the company. I spoke with them about the situation, they put it in dispute. Then I called the Grant company back. They asked for name, address, etc. She said your account has been cancelled. I asked her when, and she said today. I never told anyone on the phone that I wanted to cancel, they just went ahead and done it!! The real funny thing about it is that when I asked her what the web address was(because she told me I had so many more days to use it) she tells me www.grantdanger.com Somehting is not right here and we all need to try to do something about it!!! I believe it is the same company but they are using different names.