Grant Consultants / Paid for service that they never fulfilled!

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

Paid for CD and canceled and they still billed my bank. Never did receive the CD that i paid for. Eric Tran is the name that the scammer told me he was.

More Grant Consultants Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ro
      22nd of Jan, 2008

They lied to me about a grants CD their call back numbers are fake and they charged my account!

• Au
      9th of Feb, 2008

I had a 10 day free trial with grant consultants. The third day I cancelled

On 1-08-08 they withdrew $49.95 from my account. I received nothing and they think they are free and clear. One ticked off consumer.

• Ta
      18th of Feb, 2008

Same complaint here but the only difference is the name they gave me was Carlos Victor. Plus the so called cstomer service # they gave me was 1-866-882-3080. It had the music playing and evething but then a recording comes on tellingu that all the reps are busy and if u have any questions to email rant consultants support and a rep will get back to ou in one business day. Just a bunch of cr*p!!!

• Lo
      14th of Mar, 2008
    Grant Consultants - Continuous account charges
    Utah

I am continuously being charged for a service that i did not agree to or have used. This is a continuous charge that has appeared for the 2nd time on my statement. The charges are not for a little bit of money either. They should be unable to put a charge through unless you are contacted by the company.

• Ti
      17th of Mar, 2008

Just got my cd from these ripoffs didnt work when i put it in the computer it came a week after they billed me 49.99 and when i called to omplain about the cd woman told me to call after one.

• Tr
      21st of Mar, 2008

They continue to charge your card see all posts under: CHECK BILL KIRKLAND WA

• Li
      26th of Mar, 2008

I too fell to there scam, does anyone know what other names they go by to debt your card. i talk to them yesterday, they were to e-mail me more info, bill me for 3.97 one time fee. gave me a number to call, and was to receive a DVD. and forms to fill out. i called them this morning and canceled everything!!! was given a confirmation number. and i will be talking to my bank asap! these people need to be stopped ! the e-mail address they gave does not exist! the phone number they called from was so noise you could not hear what they were saying, they called my cell phone 17 times and never said a word, then when i called today, sounded like a home as the person on the other end kept talking to a woman who was asking what he wanted to eat, leave this one alone or you will end up with problems you dont want

• Tw
      28th of Mar, 2008

The Grant Consultants in Utah lied to me as well. Their office number is 1-888-868-0848. I agreed to take the priliminary package for a 1-time charge of $3.98 to my debit card. I rejected the membership and was assured that I would not be charged the $49.95 fee. I just looked at my bank statement and find a fee of $49.95 charged by these people. BEWARE! I will never give out my card number again! They lie and cheat and scam you for your card number and then quickly hang up on you once they have made their "promises"! I asked the gentleman on the phone repeatedly about the membership charges and was adamant about not wanting the membership which apparently I got anyway. So far, I have not recieved a bit of info via mail as promised for my money. Not only that, the website they offer for you to look at is nothing more than info you probably already know about grants (i.e, general grant info...what they are, who they are for, etc.). It is pretty much useless!

• Tw
      28th of Mar, 2008

I called my bank to verify where charges where coming from while I waited for a customer service rep at Grant Consultants to answer the phone. When she (woman with an east indian accent) answered the phone, I let her know that I had my bank representative on the line who verified that the charges DID indeed come from them (Grant Consultants in Utah). I advised the customer service rep that I did have legal representation and that if the $49.95 fee was not credited back to my account immediately that I would take appropriate legal action. I also advised her that I was indeed adamant about NOT wanting the membership at the time in which I spoke with thier salesperson and that I had found several online complaints about GRANT Consultants online. The CSR QUICKLY located my membership information and assured me that the funds would be credited back to my account within 6-8 business days. My banking CSR asked made notes to my account regarding the charge and asked me to call them back in 6-8 business days. My banking CSR also advised me that, in the event my funds were not credited back within that time frame, that they would file a "fraud despute" on my behalf against Grant Consultants. SHE SHOOTS, SHE SCORES!!! CONSUMER VICTORY!!! atleast for now...I will do what I have to do 6-8 business days from now. If my issue is not resolved I will call Clark Howard and my local eyewitness news "whistle-blower" hotline to report Grant Consultants fraudulent activity. My feeling is that they will comply. If not, I plan to let the entire universe know about it!! Don't mess with me!!! I AIN'T nothin' nice!!!

• Em
      28th of Mar, 2008

I also was told that I would get a CD, and have never received it. I had a 10 day trial period, never could get the E-mail address. I tried to cancell, the phone # they gave me would never answer.

• Ju
      7th of Apr, 2008

I had the same problem.. but i cancel the account .. and they give me a confirmation number... any advise...?

• Da
      10th of Apr, 2008

Scammmed Can't find Number to call fro a refund

• Ra
      11th of Apr, 2008
    Grant Consultants - No product!
    www.grantconsultant.com

They solicited me on-line and promised to send dvd w/info on how to obtain government grants. They charged a $3.87 shipping charge and I never received the product. They also said I had ten days before another charge applied, but they did not wait the ten days.

• Li
      24th of Apr, 2008

We've been getting calls on our caller id from NJ during the day but they never left a message. And then they called on 4/15 at night and asked for my husband and said something about he won a free book or cd on getting free grant money but they needed his credit card for $4.95 for shipping & handling. He told them he wanted some information about their company and was told they didn't have anything. So he told them he wasn't interested and hung up. They called 4 more times in the next two days. And then they called again and I told the lady (that I couldn't understand) if they ever called again I was going to file a complaint for harrassment. She apologize and said they wouldn't call again. I went on and filed a complaint with FTC with number from my caller id. We had a hard time understanding these people; so we never could understand the name of the company. Well they called at 6 more times in the next 4 days. And then they called again this evening and I answered and Patrick asked for my husband. I asked the name of the company and he said Grant Consultants. I told him to never call again because I had filed a complaint with the FTC and they were monitoring my calls. And they were harrassing me and they were scam artists. And then I hung up. So I got on the internet to search for Grant Consultants and found their website and a toll free number 888-868-0848. So I called it and some foreign guy answered and I asked him name of company and he told me Grant Consultants. I asked him where he was from and he said Utah. He sounded just like the man I had just spoken to. He asked what he could do for me. And I said, "Thats why I'm calling you because you all have called my house 3 times today and my caller id says you're from NJ. So I'm wondering why you keep calling me" He said he didn't know anything about NJ; that he was in Utah. He kept asking me if I had a account with them and I said no but you all keep calling me. And I hung up with him. I had tried to call the NJ number back numerous times but it was always busy; fast busy or just rang and rang.

• Ka
      30th of Apr, 2008

I have previously filed a complaint with the BBB againt grantconsultants.com concerning FRAUD. Just letting others know that I have received a reply from the BBB with an accompanying letter from that company stating that they agree to refund my money. BUT, I have NOT received anything from them yet. The BBB suggested that, along with filing the complaint with them, I should also file with 2 more venues. 1) Small Claims Court, 200 S. 3rd St., Las Vegas, NV 89101 AND Consumer Affairs Division, 1850 E Sahara Ave #101, Las Vegas, NV 89104.

DON'T allow this company to get away with this FRAUD.

• Pa
      12th of May, 2008

They do not supply any useful information and they charge your credit card monthly!

• Ka
      13th of May, 2008
    Grant Consultants - Need refund

Hi,
    I am very upset I have 40.00 taken out of my account and I am not using your services. I want a

refund! I am not interested in your services.

Please contact 757 218 7235

• Yo
      15th of May, 2008
    Grant Consultants - Rip Off
    Grant Consultants

The entire organization is a complete joke. They promised a CD that was free but they have billed my account twice. They did not make clear that any one who received this CD would be billed $49.95 until the so called subscription was cancelled. I am a single mother raising 4 children and I had no idea that I would be ripped off when all I was trying to do was generate some money for myself and my family. This company needs to be sued for the wrong that they have done.

• Mo
      23rd of May, 2008

my previous complaint on this company is showing my phone number and address. OOPS!!!

• Ji
      29th of May, 2008
    Grant Consultants - Unauthorized charge
    Grant Consultants LTD

There are at least three non traicable websites for this company, my information was stolen and unauthorized charges have been made to my account. After thinking I had tracked them down I was wrong. There is no way to contact these people!!! If you have a PayPal account anywhere CANCEL it I am sure that is where my information was obtained. Dispute anything these people charge you and keep any evidence for your bank and yourself!
    Thanks to this website I have proof for my bank that they charged me over 150.00 in unauthorized services and I can get it back because I can back it up.