Grant Connect / Unauthorized Bank Debits

1 NV, United States Review updated:

I signed up for a free ($2.87) week on this site. I left my credit card info, but when I hit the send button, nothing happened. I thought something was wrong with the link so I just kept on browsing on other sites. A week later my account was debitted $39.99 and $21.95 for stuff I knew nothing about. On researching the problem, I discovered that in the fine print of their agreement, you are signing up for ID Pro Alert and My Legal Net if you do not cancell before the weeks FREE trial was over. A week later I got the $12.95 charge for the Legal Net. I never knew that I had signed on, so I didn't expect these charges. I called these companies and was given a refund, though not for the original $2.87. I guess they did not believe that I really didn't receive any service. I guess it's a cheap price to pay for a good lesson.

Comments

• Ho
      24th of Mar, 2009
    Grant Connect - Fraud and scam
    Grant Connect
    grantconnect.com

I saw this website on facebook and i got curious and wanted to try if it is legit or not and they wanted to send a free Government Grant CD, and the only charge was for shipping and handling. That was a $2.78 charge. I have now been waiting 1 week for this CD only to find that they charged $39.95 more on my card without consent(used it on a private sports club/ private golf club). I still have not received any information or the CD, and I have put a stop payment and reported a dispute about this charges so they cannot put any further charges on my card. On top of all that they have a dummy line set up so you cannot reach anyone live, just a recording stating, Due to high call volume we cannot answer the line. Please leave your information and someone will get back to you. Hopefully these scammers will get what they deserve. Word to the wise, always do your research before giving out information freely on the internet!! I know I have learned my lesson. Luckily I caught it in time before they started to really rack up a bill. Thanks to Capital One for their fast action and sending me an email regarding this fraudulent activity on my card.

• Ca
      5th of Apr, 2009

im try to get grant to get home but i dont have a credit card is there a way to do it a cheack or money order macat55758@yahoo.com

• Vi
      14th of May, 2009

My Husband was looking for Grants on line and came to www.grantconnectoffer.com and paid the 2.97 for the processing fee to look at the site... Looked and was not interested.. A small price to pay to look at the grants on the web page. I was with him when he was looking... Next thing I know my bank is being drafted with several fees that all added up to just over 140.00. Come to find out there are other companies that piggy back off of that 2.97 sign up. The two that were with this one were smarthhealth which charged me 1.95 processing fee and 19.95 for a monthly service fee. I did not receive any service from this company and had no idea that I was applying for their service. I called and tried to get my money back and they refused but did cancel the service. Grant Connect Offer charged me 39.95 twice... I was able to get only half of that back. Another company was Members Legal Net and they charged me 12.95 twice I was able to get all of that back. Now I've learned a valuable lesson here... the crooks are on the internet and taking your money