Grant Academy / Unauthorized Check Card Debit

On July 31, 2008, my account was debited for $1.29. The following message was on my statement: "CHK PUR GRANT ACADEMY 00 O 249 E TABERNACLE ST [protected] NV 31Jul08 Trace# [protected] [protected]." I have no idea what this means, but I did not authorize Grant Academy to withdraw any funds from my account. I would like an immediate refund. How can I contact the company? Thank you in advance for your prompt attention to this matter.
Diane Ellison

Comments

• Mi
      2nd of Jul, 2008
    Grant Academy - Money scam
    Nevada

I ordered a cd rom disk and agreed to pay 2.29 for shippin and handling. When i got the cd and installed it grant academy google took 39.95 from my account without my authorization. When i called there the first lady hung up on me when i told her what i was calling for.

10th of Jul, 2008
    Grant Academy - Unathorized charge of 39. 95
    GRANT ACADEMY

I have no idea where this company is located or the immediate address but i assure you i did not authorize any payments to this company for anything! They gave me nothing and now i see acharge for 1. 00 and 39. 95. I immediately contacted my credit card company and had this transaction stopped!

11th of Jul, 2008
    Grant Academy - Unauthorized payment on debit card
    164 Galway Dr #14
    Mooresville
    North Carolina
    Phone: 704-664-2379

Withdrawal of $39.95 showed up on my checking account on 7-10-08. Have not done any business with them... Did not have phone @ to call.

• Ry
      11th of Jul, 2008

Margaret Breuer did contacted customer service and resolved her concerns.

I apologize for any misunderstanding regarding the services you've been receiving from our company. There are no commitments with the free product. However, there is a bonus free trial period to membership websites that accompanies the free CD and we do our best to disclose this as it is stated 4 times throughout the ordering process - on the sales page, the order page, the confirmation, it is then also explained in the 1st paragraph of the Terms and Conditions of the offer. We offer the trial periods to give our clients a chance to use the service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it. The trial periods are free for 7-30 days from the order date depending on which bonuses apply. We would not have charged you had you called customer service and canceled during the trial period. It is not our desire to bill clients who do not want the membership after the free trial offer. That is why we have the Terms and Disclosures posted on the sales site directly above or below the "Ship My Kit" Button depending on the site you order from.

Here are the Terms and Disclosures that is directly below or above ( depending on the site you order from) the "Ship My Kit" Button.

Terms and Disclosures. By clicking "Submit", I am ordering the Google Money Profit™ CD and trial membership for $1.99 for Shipping and $1.00 for Handling/Insurance, after the 7 day trial I will be charged $39.95 a month thereafter if I do not cancel. I also agree to the 14 day and 21 day bonus trials to Grant Master™ and Network Agenda™ for $7.95 a month and $9.95 a month thereafter, should I choose not to cancel. I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy / Terms and Conditions. Charges will appear on credit/debit statements as "Growing Rich w/ Google". For questions, call 866-396-5695 M-F, 9am-9pm, EST.

For customer service you may call 866-396-5695 and they'll be happy to assist you.

The Google Money Profit CD comes with a 7 day free trial to our members website. Where we offer one on one live chat assistance and it teaches users how to make money using Google’s AdWords and AdSense Programs. Customers can use these programs to create Google AdWord-based Advertisements and place ads on Google searches using Google AdWords. They can do this either for their own sites or they can use Google AdSense to funnel traffic through their sites to other sites and get paid for the traffic they generate. It also comes with two fast action bonuses first is a 14 day free trial to Grant Master that give our clients access to our Grant Resources website that is normally a $39.95 monthly charge for a reduced charge of $7.95 a month; because you are already a member of another of our programs. This site offers access to one of the largest grant data bases. Where you can find both government and private grantors. It offers information from Dr. Porter who is a licensed and certified grant writer. The information that is offered through our members website is more extensive than what other companies sell in coaching programs that cost thousands of dollars. So we feel that we are offering our clients the best value in the industry. The second fast action bonus is a 21 day free trial for Network Agenda an affiliate company that offers an online date book that will allow you to keep track of your daily schedule and will even send you reminders to your cell phone. We offer the trial periods to give our clients a chance to use the service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it.

If you are another customer reading this and you can contact our customer service department at (866) 396-5695 and they will be happy to assist you. If you've already tried our customer service department and feel like you weren't treated fairly please contact me ASAP and I will address your concern immediately. Please email me at ryanr@wskc.org or call me directly at 435-773-1795 and I would be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

Sincerely,
    Ryan R.

21st of Jul, 2008

I have been calling that 800 number and it is not in service I want to cancel this stupid account and I wont a refund for the funds already taken from my account. I have been trying to contact this compnay for some time now and can not get anyone on the phone I have emailed and left messages to someone named Ryan at 435-773-1795 or email me at ryanr@wskc.org.

Grant Academy - Charged $39.95 for something I never ordered or received
    www.grantacademy.com

Have never heard of this company and I am being charged $39.95 for something I never ordered or received.

• La
      21st of Jul, 2008

I have been consistently trying to reach Ryan Riddle, and he does not return telephone calls.

The customer service number is also not helpful.

• K
      21st of Jul, 2008

I am with The American Grant Academy, LLC, and I have received numerous emails, and telephone calls complaining about deceptive business practices from "Grant Academy." Consumers are confusing my organization with Grant Academy. After trying to contact Ryan Riddle to no avail, I feel that I need to give the consumers several places to file a complaint. If you have tried to reach Ryan Riddle, or Grant Academy, and have not been helped, you can contact the following agencies and file a complaint. Maybe if enough people complain, Grant Academy and/or Raven Media will correct their practices.

Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) (connects with the FBI)
    www.ic3.gov/preventiontips.aspx

Des Moines
    Iowa
    Phone: 515-282-3152
    www.grantacademy.com

I found out from my credit card that I was charged $39.95 by Grant Academy for something that I did not know off. I really don't know what I am paying for. I called the Grant Academy several times but to no avail.
    How can somebody just charge me for anything I never ordered.

THIS IS A SCAM.

• Bh
      26th of Jul, 2008

I was notified by my bank that a charge of 39.95 was charged to my account by Grant Academy - three days earlier I was also charged 1.29 from the same company, I order a CD for Google - for 1.29 send me by CD - however charges were made from an out of the country company for 1.00 and .03 from another company saying they were google money profit (this company is overseas some where) I am going to file an official complaint - IT ALL A SCAM TO GET INTO PEOPLE BANKING, CHECKING, CHARGE ACCOUNTS. - ALERT

• Li
      27th of Jul, 2008
    Grant Academy - unauthorized charges
    raven media
    Las Vegas
    iworks.com

I have a $1.00 and $1.29 charge on my credit card. I called this company and they have had all my credit card info, phone number and address correct. They did not have a correct email address for me. Someone purchased a computer access program online using my info. I was sent a CD which prompted me to question why I received it.

• Li
      29th of Jul, 2008
    Grant Academy - Check Card Fraud
    Las Vegas
    Nevada

Two charges from Grant Academy appear on my account. The charges were minimal but the point is...I didn't order anything so I am not responsible for the charges. The check card is now cancelled. There are so many complaints against this company I'm surprised it is not shut down.

29th of Jul, 2008

I have a charge from Grant Academy. I never went to any website from grant academy or ordered anything having anything to do with grants. I also recieved 2 fraudulent charges from APL*ITunes and 2 fraudulent charges from SKYPE.com and WWW.SKYPE.COM. I don't even own an IPod, and I have no use for the services/product offered by Skype.com. I never ordered anything related to any of these charges.
    My bank refunded my money for the charges by APL*ITunes and the SKYPE charges without my having to dispute them, but the Grant Academy charge is still there.

The only things I have used my card for in the past 2 months is buying something from Petco, returning something to Petco, and using paypal.
    I have never EVER used my card on shady websites, or given out my information to anybody or any website that is not well known and reputable. My bank told me that I must have given it out to some site like "Find your classmates" or something. I'm not that stupid, and I resent the implication that I am.

I hope my story lets people know that these charges are not coming from stupidity. I am very careful who I order things from and I'm very careful with reading things when I give out my card info.

• Sc
      2nd of Aug, 2008

This is the same crap comment Ryan Riddle attaches to every complaint. I also had 3 unauthorized charges to my Visa account this morning. 2 for Grant Academy and 1 for Blockbuster.com. I have never heard of or ordered anything from Grant Academy and because I never order from Blockbuster, all 3 of these charges are unauthorized and my Visa # was used without authorization. My Visa provider was contacted and these charges will not be paid. I cancelled my # and a new one will be issued at a $5.00 charge to ME.
    I am filing complaints with the FTC and the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) which connects to the FBI.
    I want to know where and how these crooks got my banking information. The Federal Trade Commission and FBI will hopefully provide me that information upon completion of their investigation.

• De
      4th of Aug, 2008

STOP CHARGING MY ACCOUNT. I DID NOT GIVE MY PERMISSION.

• Ci
      6th of Aug, 2008

I too was just charged $1.29 without authorization, how did your reach this company?

• Ry
      6th of Aug, 2008

There is no way for our company to get your credit card information unless an order is placed using your information. What most people do not understand is if fraud is perpetrated against you then it is also perpetrated against our company. We will assist you and law enforcement officials in catching the perpetrator of the fraud.

Terms and Disclosures. By clicking "Submit", I am ordering the Google Money Profit™ CD and trial membership for $1.99 for Shipping and $1.00 for Handling/Insurance, after the 7 day trial I will be charged $39.95 a month thereafter if I do not cancel. I also agree to the 14 day and 21 day bonus trials to Grant Master™ and Network Agenda™ for $7.95 a month and $9.95 a month thereafter, should I choose not to cancel. I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy / Terms and Conditions. Charges will appear on credit/debit statements as "granacad1". For questions, call 800-710-2564 M-F, 9am-9pm, EST.

For customer service you may call 800-710-2564 and they'll be happy to assist you.

The Google Money Profit CD comes with a 7 day free trial to our member’s website. Where we offer one on one live chat assistance and it teaches users how to make money using Google’s AdWords and AdSense Programs. Customers can use these programs to create Google AdWord-based Advertisements and place ads on Google searches using Google AdWords. They can do this either for their own sites or they can use Google AdSense to funnel traffic through their sites to other sites and get paid for the traffic they generate. It also comes with two fast action bonuses first is a 14 day free trial to Grant Master that give our clients access to our Grant Resources website that is normally a $39.95 monthly charge for a reduced charge of $7.95 a month; because you are already a member of another of our programs. This site offers access to one of the largest grant data bases. Where you can find both government and private grantors. It offers information from Dr. Porter who is a licensed and certified grant writer. The information that is offered through our member’s website is more extensive than what other companies sell in coaching programs that cost thousands of dollars. So we feel that we are offering our clients the best value in the industry. The second fast action bonus is a 21 day free trial for Network Agenda an affiliate company that offers an online date book that will allow you to keep track of your daily schedule and will even send you reminders to your cell phone. We offer the trial periods to give our clients a chance to use the service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it.

If you are another customer reading this and you can contact our customer service department at 800-710-2564 and they will be happy to assist you. If you've already tried our customer service department and feel like you weren't treated fairly please contact me ASAP and I will address your concern immediately. Please email me at ryanr@wskc.org or call me directly at 435-773-1795 and I would be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

Sincerely,

• Ly
      8th of Aug, 2008

charged 39.95 on credit card unauthorized

• El
      10th of Aug, 2008

I also have recently had a charge of $1.39 posted to my bank account. I have never heard of this organization. I have had my debit card deactivated. Frequently a fraudulent user of your accounts will charge a test amount, to see if you are paying attention. They will then use your card more freely. At the same time I had charges from Kodak.com and from Blockbuster. This organization is obviously party to fraud or being used for fraud by someone.

• Ho
      10th of Aug, 2008

My husband just recently retired, so I have been going over our financials more thoroughly to see where we can cut "fat" from our spending.

I just checked the last couple of months of our on-line bank statements and found:

1. an unauthorized charge of $39.95 by Grant Academy;
    2. two unauthorized charges of $9.95 each from NW-AG.com; and
    3. two unauthorized charges of $7.95 each from Grant Search.

Of course, I neither ordered nor received anything for this charges.

Now, I'll have to spend untold amounts of time to contact these rip-off artists, and demand they reverses these charges.

Then, I need to try and find an agency to whom I can report these frauds. I'm so mad I could spit!