Grand Power Sports / Beware customer

PO Box 2858San Gabriel, CA, United States Review updated:

BEWARE OF ROKETA AND GRAND POWER

SPORTS! IF YOU DEAL WITH THEM, YOU CAN EXPECT LIES/DELAYS/NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!

My order for a scooter was processed on 6-17-08.

At that time GPS indicated in an email: "Once we get the payment, we will SEND THE UNIT OUT RIGHT AWAY (my emphasis)."

I sent my payment by certified mail on 6-18-08; an attempted delivery was made on 6-20-08. My first of many (AT LEAST 10) calls was made about 6-23-08 because the company had not picked up the payment; it was finally delivered on 6-23-08.

I requested a full refund on 8-1-08 which they would not process. A tracking number was sent on 8-7-08; delivery was made on 8-13-08 WITHOUT CERTIFICATE ORIGIN & BILL OF SALE which were required to register the scooter in the state of Tennessee. I accepted delivery with the notation that there was NO OBVIOUS DAMAGE. The paperwork finally arrived around 8-20-08.

During this period NO LESS THAN 16 EMAILS AND 10 PHONE CALLS WERE MADE TO GPS AND ROKETA USA (with copies to Roketa-Nanjing AT 163.com). NONE OF THE CALLS WERE EVER RETURNED!

The last email/call were made on 9-2-08 for assistance because the scooter will not start using the poorly translated directions provided. I received an email telling me to call their tech department. I still have not received a return call, and as of 9-28-08, the scooter is still NOT running!
Va

Comments

Ex
  16th of Jan, 2009
I can understand your pain and I sympathies with you as you go through this experience! I purchased a motor scooter for my sister back in July of 08 and received the exact same treatment. After repeated phone calls to the company (Grand Power Sports) I purchased the scooter from, I was finally able to speak with the owner (who spoke very little English) and was given all kinds of promises. Well, 7 months later the bike does not run and now the repair company refuses to fix it because they have worked on this bike on several other occasions, the last being Tuesday Jan. 13th 2009. It ran for a total of 24 miles before breaking down once again. Now I am forced to take legal action. This scooter and these little companies are a sham and should be put out of business. I paid $2400.00 for a pile of sh@t and an ongoing headache that appears to have no end. I have had it and I am reporting these companies to the BBB tomorrow. ###!!!