Grand Miramar Club & SpaGrand Miramar BIG scam!!

On May 19, 2010 we attended a timeshare presentation at the Grand Miramar Club & Spa in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. During the sales presentation the salesman, Jerry Forney, told us several lies; but the one which got us into this FRAUDULENT TIMESHARE: THE ENTIRE PURCHASE CONTRACT AT GRAND MIRAMAR WAS GUARANTEED AND CONTINGENT UPON THE SALE OF OUR TIMESHARE WITH KRYSTAL AND OUR TIMESHARE WITH GRAND MAYAN BLISS.

As a matter of fact we singed a CONTINGENCY AGREEMENT which mysteriously disappeared from the documentation that they provided us; sadly we didn’t notice this until the first days of July when supposedly the sale of our Krystal and Mayan Timeshare would take place. Needless to say, it never happened, so we contacted MIRAMAR to let them know our story and our questions in regards of the contingency agreement.

It was an email from Karla Ibarra which finally opened our eyes and made us realize that WE SHOULD NEVER HAVE MADE AN AGREEMENT WITH A COMPANY WHICH HAS NOTHING TO OFFER; BUT LIES AND DISGUSTING CUSTOMER SERVICE. We didn’t give up, so we kept asking for our money. On September 11 my husband received a cancellation letter which stated that MIRAMAR will keep our money; of course we didn’t accept it. Now they are threatening us to send us to collections if we do not accept the agreement. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP US!

karla.[protected]@grandmiramar.com
juan.[protected]@grandmiramar.com

Comments

• Jh
      Dec 20, 2010

Please visit my site! http://miramarscam.blogspot.com/

• Mo
      Sep 05, 2011

Here it is 2011 and we too have been apparently scammed. We just bought a membership on August 29, 2011 while at a presentation at the Grand Miramar. John Monte of World Luxury Destinations and Continental Resources offered us incredible rental returns of $14, 000 a year for 10 years PLUS the buy out of our existing timeshares netting us over $30, 000 USD above the purchase price of the 8-week membership. We are going to cancel since we are finding all of these bad reviews from many different sources.

• Jm
      Nov 10, 2011

My wife and I went to the same presentation on Sept.19, 2011. John Monte and Alain Patino promised us an unbelievable trade. I thought it was too good to be true but we still signed the contract hoping in some way it would actually happen. The contract stated they would guarantee payment of our Summer Bay property of $11, 850. and in return for the same amount we would receive 4 weeks with a one week guaranteed rental of $1, 400. for 5 years. When we arrived home a representative named James from Continental Resources requested funds of $11, 850. from us. He stated, "they needed these funds before so they could obtain a release letter from World Luxury Desitnations". He claimed we would receive our payment of $11, 850. 3 days after the closing. I am reluctant to send these funds. I explained this to them. John Monte is named as the president on the contract with Continental Resources. Later John Monte told me he is not really involved with them. Yet his name appears as President. James from Continetal Resources later told me that I purchased a foreclosure and World Luxury Destinations had already paid for it on my behalf stating, "that is why they need those funds". Nothing makes any sense! I don't trust this company. They continue to pressure us into sending them funds.

• Te
      Dec 20, 2011

These people are scammers. They are stealing money from us; we must do something about it. We should contact the Mexican and American government and they should take action! Tourism is one of the most important industries in Mexico, if the government does not do something to stop this fraudulent practices the american dollars will go to somewhere else instead of mexico.

• Ts
      Feb 01, 2012

The internet is replete with references to John Monte, and Grand Miramar must be profiting from his "exit" product. Grand Miramar needs to be investigated for its shady practices.

• Jk
      Mar 06, 2012

PLEASE READ YOU HAVE 5 DAYS TO CANCEL
    I was there this feb as well their game has change they run my card without my approval they say was a misunderstanding
    and they can refund my money right away if i sing the receipt ( they had the credit card machine there) i sing it(my fault but i didnt expect to be so crooked ) after the give me a paper with no name only legal rep and a signature(the main guy on the sales was john monty what a supprise i start to thinking that person doesnt exist) with a promise of 100 % of resale to be return to me, after i raise hell they change it to the amount that they charge, but they will return it in 30 days cause it takes time for the whole process to go throw .
    I figure or i will start a fight or i have to find a mexican lawyer, i asked and found the tourist police(locate on the building across from the theater on the walk board corner office) most of the plp in there working part time so be there before noon they are really helpful and REALLY try to help you and no the resorts, I guess the must afraid them or they have some kind power over them cause in a ONE day they refund my money and the fees and i figure out the correct name of the legal rep is alex diaz . I m assume he knows what is going on and he looks the other way, but mostlyare the sell plp they dont want you to talk or complain to him for 5 business days (that is by law the time you have to cancel FOR NO FEES) cause after that they take their commission and you are SOL.The worst thing is that most of the salesman are americans or canadians i hope to be able to help someone with this post to avoid felling a victim to those "timeshare sharks"

• Al
      Jun 23, 2012

We were also scammed by people working at the Grand Miramar Hotel back in Sept 2010. We have not been able to get our money back so far and now I understand that Platinum Access Program is no longer doing what it was suppose to do provide VIP world luxury destinations at a very affordable price, promotions discounts for all kinds of travel at five star hotels and resorts. we paid all these fees for this contract that is worthless. And we still have our timeshares that they promised to sell and have not done a thing. Like you said the worst part is that they have Americans working this scam and our hands are tied because according to our Texas Attorney General the contracts were signed in Mexico. Why can our government not protect it's citizens and complain to the Mexican government about the scams going on in their country.

• Ro
      Nov 19, 2013

A Mayan Palace timeshare does not typically pay for itself, unless the currency you are talking about is memories. Even then, you can still get those memories at a fraction of the overall cost. While the sales agent may not want to divulge this information to you, timeshares are most definitely not just about property payments. They also come with plenty of other costs, hidden fees and taxes. No matter how little you use the timeshare, you are still responsible for its upkeep, sometimes including utility costs and maintenance. These extra fees can be hundreds of dollars per year. I recommend you to read this article about Mayan Palace:

Jan 04, 2014

We made the mistake of purchasing from Grand Miramar in January 2013. We were told that we'd be able to use annual travel funds that were going to be placed into an account for us. $2500 annual reward money that we could use to purchase airfare, hotels, etc. We watched one of the presenters navigate a website that would allow us to "shop" for these deals. I asked how they could afford to give out this amount of money and the answer was through the advertisement. Dummy me!!! I wanted to believe it so I went along with the purchase thinking that the "reward money" alone was worth the deal. I paid $1200 for the time share. After we returned to the US, I found out that all I could get was a DISCOUNT on hotels, airfares, restaurants, etc. Maybe $50 on an airfare. Nothing I could't alreadY get with my AARP or AAA card. I contacted Sarah, with Grand Miramar membership services, but she was no help.
    Within the 5 day cancelation period, I tried to contact someone with the rewards program to verify the plan. I called the phone number for the Rewards company, not knowing that I was talking to someone right at Grand Miramar! The company was called, Private Residence Collection, but it was really Grand Miramar answering the phone.
    Now I'm waiting to see what they'll do when I ask to exercise the portion of my contract that's a "buy back" guarantee. Supposedly, after one year they'll refund the money. I'm not holding my breath.
    I read in another review, that someone was scammed when they tried to rent out the time share. Those people must have paid the maintenance fee up front and then the time share wasn't rented. For that reason, I don't ever plan to use the "guaranteed rental" portion of my contract.
    I'm embarrassed to say that I fell for this scam. I purchased a Grand Miramar time share, gold, studio, 4 weeks, but because of the location (far from town, no beach, unheated pools) I don't plan to stay there. Plus, we have such bad feelings about our experience that we could never enjoy ourselves there.
    If you make the mistake of purchasing--be sure to exercise your right to cancel within the 5 day period. Your credit card company can help you out only if your cancellation paperwork is within the 5 day right to cancel period. I know this from experience.

• Na
      Mar 19, 2014

Common Complaints:

The salesperson offers in house financing at a low introductory rate. When the client returns home they realize that the financing is actually a Bank of America visa card, which has been charged for the full amount of the timeshare. This is Grand Miramar’s method of ensuring that they get paid in full for the timeshare. Bank of America is typically unresponsive to disputes as a valid contract has been signed.

Some clients think that they are purchasing a Grand Miramar contract, when in fact they are purchasing a Platinum Access Marketing contract which does not seem to have the same rights for owner's as a regular timeshare contract. http://www.timesharescam.com/

•   Apr 23, 2014

Also if you need legal advise dont hesitate to contact us at jtc consultores or www.jtcconsultores.com in order to cancel timeshare contracts in Mexico.

•   Oct 29, 2014

Salesperson offers a guaranteed buyout of a previously owned timeshare through one of their resale companies. Their resale companies have in house representatives and make the impression that they are one company. Luxury Vallarta Rentals was the former company, but that company has gone out of business, so they are now referring clients to High End Rentals. The difference between Grand Miramar and other resorts is that the broker fee seems to be paid through Grand Miramar directly, and is often a much higher amount (ie. $3000 - $5000) http://www.timesharescam.com/

• He
      Nov 20, 2015

I have had a David Gaxiola, from Grand Miramar contact me. Here is his emal.

In order for me to present your case to the Developer I need to know all the details, I have your contract PRC-GM00149, but do you have any contracts with a resale third party companies, that we recommended?

In order to Activate your Buy Back we need to set up a meeting at our corporate offices in Guadalajara, new laws in Mexico prevent us from doing any paperwork or contracts over the phone or email, this is why we have to sign the contracts over our Corporate Offices, we know this is an inconvenience for you that’s why the developer is offering you all trip expenses paid, such as Airfare (for you and your wife), Hotel Accommodations and Land Transportation.

A Driver will pick you up at the airport (English spoken) and take you to your hotel, and from the Hotel to the meeting.
    Just to be clear this is not a sales presentation of any kind, we want to do this face to face and give you an explanation and return your investment.

Please let me know if you are willing to take this oportunity in order for me to present your case to the Developer.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

• Em
      Nov 28, 2015

I was told the same thing. After all the other things we were told that were not true, why would they want to pay for airfare, hotel, etc just to give you money back. When I said we could attend in January, when we were already in Puerto Vallarta and we would take a bus ourselves, they said, this would not work. I truly believe this is another scam where they will try to sell you something else for big bucks and they think that after they pay for your air fare, etc, you may be more willing to part with even more money. I would be curious to hear if someone actually went to this and what happened.

Dec 07, 2015

this is still happening now it is Legacy Centurion. Get to one of the cities telling you they are going to help. better scam than Diamond management Group. BE CAREFULL THE ENGLISHMAN IS STILL GOOD AT SCAMMING AND FRAUD. And they are only there to help you. PLEASE WRITE A CHECK..

@donny1968 Richard Bounds has been captured

Dec 07, 2015

The Englishman said he does them over the phone

Dec 07, 2015

KEEP GOING AT GRAND MIRMAR. this company can not afford much loss at potential customers. AND ARE nothing but scammers.

• Em
      Dec 07, 2015

The Englishman, Richard, no longer answers his emails. After assurances that he will follow up with the buy back, and we would have our money in 2 months, he ignores all my emails. Their scam of paying $5280 to market your timeshare is what they explained as the buyback program - plus it would take up to 5 years to get your money back. Why would I want to give them any more money. There are some attorneys located in Puerto Vallarta that are listed in the website for the United States Consular Agency in Puerto Vallarta. Go to guadalajara.usconsulate.gov. Move cursor over to US citizen services, then reference list then list of attorneys. Under the list of attorneys in Guadalajara, is a list of attorneys in Puerto Vallarta. Maybe if they receive enough complaints about this scam, they will do something about it. Not only do they lie and take your money, they are arrogate about it.

Dec 22, 2018

@EMaria He doesn’t answer because he stupid ass has been arrested!!!

• Ga
      Dec 08, 2015

why would the Englishman answer he gets paid on moneys received. He is now manager of sales that's what the attorney ms. v. lewis said.
    Oh new part of scam in Guadalajara, an English speaking attorney just to help you, its a new scam.

Dec 22, 2018

@garcia b Bounds has been arrested!!!

Apr 06, 2016

I have also been scammed by GM. I went to GDL and listened to them. They drew up a contract for me on my GM buyback option that was in my initial contract. They said 1 year to sell and the funds would be wired to my account. Well, I was in PVR in Feb and went in there in person and was told my contract had been sold and that in order for me to get the funds (approx. $30, 000.00) I would have to pay a VAT 28.5% and IVA 16.0% on it upfront and then get approx. $45, 000.00 back within 3 or so months. I told him I was not paying them another dime. He said the deal was off then. He said the SAT would come after me. RICHARD the Englishman.

Apr 06, 2016

Has anyone on here had anything resolved? And if so how because I need to figure something out.
    HELP

Apr 23, 2016

Be careful what you post. I just got my contracts/account suspended with them because they saw a negative complaint I made. They said I signed a non-disclosure and violated it. Just another way to keep your money.

May 20, 2016

We purchased at Grand Miramar in November, 2011 and were totally ripped off with lies and promises of resale of our Time Shares with Richard, the Englishman ! Now, David has approached us with all the Free Goodies to do a Buy Back, and my husband said this sounds too good to be true just a bigger scam ! ! From what I have read it is another scam by Miramar...Profecto should be doing something about this company with so many of us being mislead with promises and lies ! !

• Gk
      Sep 18, 2016

Has anyone stayed at the Grand Miramar as a paid timeshare owner, since being scammed. I am in the same boat, but want to utilize the resort for what I paid into it.

Sep 24, 2016

At present situation Legacy Centurion offered us a Buyback for the money we paid for a new timeshare due to the fact they didn't resell our other timeshare in Cabo, which was the base of the whole deal. They flew us to Guadalarija in January 2016 for a meeting with Richard Bell, Vivienne Lewis to correct this. Richard said he could sell our timeshare by May 2016 and we would receive our investment. No word then and then after a few weeks they tell me I need to pay IVA tax, Which I did, and the final payment would be wired to me on September 5th 2016, however that also turned into a last minute Luxury tax at $1800.00. Yep did that too. Now they want a Acquisition tax $4700.00 . After speaking with Richard Bell I also got a letter that this will be the final payment and there are no more taxes or fees due.
    Anyone ever heard or experienced this?

Sep 27, 2016

Yes we are in the same boat. We were due to be paid $195, 000 on Sept 5 then I get a letter saying another 12% tax totalling $19, 000 once we wired the money we would be paid the total owing including the last tax in 5 business days. I have no money left and we are in debt to creditors for over $100, 000. We are never getting our money no one is

Sep 30, 2016

Yes, I mailed my "Money guy" at our safe timeshare who knows Mexican law and practicesand asked about these taxes and it was all a lie, and a very convincing one at that. I can't believe we fell for this. I think we should band together and have someone go to there and personally "talk" with Richard Tony Soprano Style.
    There is no luxury tax here in Mexico. There is IVA on goods but that is not paid to anyone other then the Hacienda and no company would do that as a third party. Really without and RFC number you could not be held liable for IVA obligation. There is an acquisition tax on real property here and is paid directly to a Notario when you get something called an escritura for the property and no timeshare I know of in Mexico registers that way?

I agree but how

Sep 30, 2016

Too soon to say, however perhaps these mails can find other purple as well. It won't be fast, just in the thinking stage. You wouldn't happen to have his picture would you. We took some photos but none with him.

Oct 03, 2016

Doc73 who was your source for finding out there is no luxury tax I'm planning on putting a claim into MasterCard for some charged. Also I have the name of a good lawyer in PV.

Oct 03, 2016

I called a chief financial officer of my legimate time share resort in Cabo SAN Lucas . He is American and a straight up guy.

Oct 03, 2016

I am still in contact with Legacy Centurion and will keep you posted as I am supposed to talk with them soon. I would be interested in your Lawyer and what he proposes. thank you. What part of Us do you live?

Oct 04, 2016

I live in Canada I too am waiting to hear from Richard Bell I will let you know when and if he contacts me thanks for staying in touch

• Ph
      Oct 07, 2016

I also live in Canada and have been scammed by Richard - What can we do about this - this is not right - we have to do something about it. Stay away from Grand Miramar

Oct 08, 2016

Trying to figure how we can band together and have someone "Talk" to him in person with our demands . Anyone take any pictures during your tour with his picture? I am pursuing my connections in Mexico, but this could take weeks or months as I hope to go to Mexico in January. This would need to be done in person. Ideas?

• Ph
      Oct 08, 2016

Unfortunately, we took pictures but none of Richard - as far as I know his name is Richard Bounds - tried to look him up on Facebook - his profile is there but no picture. He does e-mail us and phone - stating we have to pay the Aquisition Tax of $7, 597.20 U.S. - when it is received he will pay us within 5 days - what a scammer - they will also charge us interest of 5% for payment in default + $20.00 U.S. currency monthly as a collection fee. We paid the Luxury Tax - can't believe we have been so foolish - what a scam artist - he has to be stopped. We just want our money back that is rightfully ours.

•   Feb 07, 2018

@philmar He's the guy sitting in the chair in this video of his wife (Viviene Lewis, aka Karina Michelle) buying a wedding dress with our money!

Oct 08, 2016

I agree and perhaps we can join together and have an agent meet him personally and let him know in no uncertain terms there is only one solution.
    This payment default is just a devise they impose to get us to release more money. It is not real. I am away for a few days but have an idea how we can accomplish this, however I need to speak with my Mexican connections. Lets Stay in touch through this forum.
    He told me his name was Richard Bell.
    Did you go to Guadaljaria to meet at their corporate office. We did. Talk to you soon.

Oct 08, 2016

We all have been scammed the same way I wish I had an answer

Oct 11, 2016

Looking forward to hearing back from you with your plan. I think we should all set up new emails so we can keep in contact off this site in cars Legacy is monitoring this site

• Ka
      Oct 12, 2016

We have also been told we have to pay all these Mexican taxes to get our money back and they want us to fly down to
    Mexico to sign forms and pay them the taxes. Hate to not get the money back for our timeshare, but sounds like most of you who who paid the taxes never received your money. Read one review that said they got their money back. Wonder if comment was legit, as rest seemed to indicate that the taxes were also a scam. Has anyone had a lawyer represent them?