Grand Mayan Resort / no help with personal injury

1 Riveria Mayan, Mexico Review updated:

I was injured while staying at the Grand Mayan in the Riviera Mayan on April, 2012. I fell at a spot that was not cleaned properly and broke my wrist. I had to have surgery when I returned to the US.

The Grand Mayan did not offer any payment for the situation. I had to pay the doctor at the Grand Mayan and then the doctor at the hospital and the hospital once I got there.
And, I had to pay for the taxi ride to the hospital in Cancun.

Upon returning to Indiana, I had to have surgery on my right wrist, and was in rehabilitation for several months afterwards. Still having pain with the wrist and still will have another surgery, they are not answering!! They do not care at all!!

Tr
Mar 19, 2014

More Grand Mayan Resort Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• So
      23rd of Apr, 2014

The sales tactics are the same for everyone at the Mayan Palace timeshare resorts. Hard sell, disrespectful when you say no, broken promises. DO NOT think for one moment that you have an upper hand...these are professional con artists highly trained to take your money. You have no chance of ever seeing your money again or receiving anything close to the value you were promised. Assume that everything posted by Grupo Mayan and its affiliates is a lie or a scam. Never do business with this company; never buy a mayan palace timeshare scam.

7th of May, 2014

I just visited the Mayan Palace in Cancun and I regretted so much, at first I was happy because I thought I made a good mayan palace timeshare deal but I didn't, actually I was going to bring my friends from Miami next month for them to see the resort and I am very happy that I'm not going to do it. They told me that they can sell 2 of my weeks a year and I call them and is all lies they told me that I have to do that. I just can't believe I spent 7000.00 in nothing. Do not believe them, they do not care and if you ask them for time to finance with ur bank they say they can't and you won't be able to go back in five yrs. u have to do the deal in the same day and *** us we did it but I will make sure that other people won't make the same mistake than us.

17th of Jun, 2014

Unfortunately, Mayan Palace timeshare sales in Mexico are in its majority a huge scam. The OPC, the one on the street inviting you makes $250-$350 per couple...so be sure he tells you any lie there is. Timeshare sales people are rotating from place to place and mostly alcoholics that look for their 8% comission. We were surprised how they work, like sharks, and some are really good showing numbers, benefits, etc...If i did not know, i probably would have bought. Be careful and NEVER make a decision the same day!! They love this, just tell them that you need to think about and they will throw in all they have..that is the sign that someting is not quite right...

16th of Jul, 2015

I have plans to travel to Mexico in October, specifically to Cancun
    and I am interested in renting a time share there, is there
    someone who wants to rent your week for an affordable price ??
    if there is any interested this is my email: [protected]@hotmail.com