Grand Mayan Resort / Liars and scam

We were owner of the Mayan Palace for about 7 years and upgrated to the Grand Mayan 2 years ago, we paid for certain advantages that we never received and they changed the initial setting without telling us, we had problem in los cabos (no hot water, beach not swimmable etc.. we been promised things we never got and the customer service took 4 months to answer sorry butwe can't help you. For a 5 stars resort this is not acceptable, they took our money and can't even do anything for us.

They take advantages and are liars.

Ri

More Grand Mayan Resort Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Mi
      8th of Feb, 2010

You should check www.timsharescam.com. They were able to help me cancel my contract, maybe they can help cancel your upgrade or both contracts. Very professional and effective service.

Good luck. I know the financial and emotional heartache you must be going through right now!

• Ss
      8th of Sep, 2012
    Grand Mayan Resort - Mis representation
    Grand Mayan Resort Cabo
    Victoria
    British Columbia
    Canada

We bought a membership and were showen the suites at the Grand Mayan in Cabo which is beautiful and a 5 star resort. This was in 2011. We want to travel to Riviera Maya and want to use our weeks, well we find out we bought into the Mayan Riviera which an older hotel and a step down in quality. What we were led to believe and what we actually saw then and bought are two different things. I'm so pissed off . NEVER get sucked in with this company!!!

• Ba
      29th of Apr, 2013

What a bunch of crooks!!! this is one of the most fraudulent timeshare companies in Mexico, they use misleading sales tactics and they are deceitful. There are hundreds of complaints, if you google "mayan palace scam" you'll find lots of complaints. I recommend you to read this article on how most of the mayan palace timeshare scams are being committed:

we need to stop this fraud NOW

• Ri
      29th of Jul, 2013

The resort itself seems very nice, the sales pitch, however, is pure high-pressure sales. The sales people are snakes, their only motive is greed. They have no concern for what is ethical and will “brow beat” you to make their money. It was not worth the free breakfast and $50.00 dinner coupon. When I finally got up to walk away from the table, Luis got in my face and began to argue with me, telling me I couldn’t leave until he said the presentation was over. I continued to walk away as I raised my voice at him. You would think that that would be the end of it, but they will continue to pass you to the next person for a “survey” which turns into another sales pitch…these people are shameless. If you agree to attend the 90 minute presentation you will regret it.Search online for Mayan Palace Timeshare Scams for other “horror stories”. I recommend you to read this article about Mayan Palace:

• Is
      29th of Aug, 2013

It is the same old story with the Mayan Palace timeshare resorts (owner David Chavez) who does not care about what fraud he perpetrates on timeshare buyers. The same old adage applies, with regard to rental fees applicable, etc. It is fraud and there is right of rescission in Mexico no matter what program you buy, no matter what the horror show salespeople tell you. Heve not met one semi-honest one representing the mayan chain yet. Yes, we got scammed and bought, never again. These are the worst operators in the business. The name of the programs, Mayan Regency, The Dream, Mayan Palace, Grand Mayan, Bliss, Grupo Luxxe change with regard to what they wish to charge. The upshot is if you are down the line in their program name game list you lose benefits. The tiger does not change its stripes. Beware. This is a good article on how most of the Mayan Palace timeshare scams are being committed: