Grand Lux Cafe / Terrible place with awful food

I live in Atlanta, GA, but over the pass 9 months I have traveled to Dallas, and Houston, TX eleven times due to family hospitalizations and/or family funerals. These are not pleasant occasions; so to help lift my spirits, my girlfriends gather together and insist on taking me to dinner to help cheer me up.

We choose your beautiful café because of your menu and your wonderful desserts. During my first visit, I discovered your wonderful Lemon Tart and it had become my favorite, my rainbow following the storm.

Unfortunately, during my last visit to Dallas a couple of weeks ago, more tragedy struck. When I walked into your Dallas Café and requested the Lemon Tart your Staff informed me that it was no longer on the menu. I immediately asked for the Manager. I needed an explanation.

Nothing could make me understand how management could make such a foolish decision to eliminate such a wonderful dessert. I was furious!!! Who was this new assessment team, and why was this allowed to happen! It took the manager a full twenty minutes to calm me down. He then began to sell me on other desserts. I explained that I looked at the dessert case earlier and thought everything looked old and unappealing. I cannot tell you how angry I was, and frankly I am still not over it.

I understand that the economy has changed and is hurting all of us, but what I do not understand is how you could replace a great dessert with horrible desserts. That does not make good business sense. After, twenty minutes of encouraging me to try another dessert, I finally did. I ordered the Pineapple Upside-down Dessert. I was not sweet, it was very dry and most of all - HORRIBLE!

My first instinct was to go online to blog about my experience, “ Why are companies moving backward? Why are companies eliminating good items and replacing them with horrible items??” Instead, I think I will replace your Café; I will no longer spend my time or money at your Café. I have also asked my friends to also eliminate your Café as their destination points. Maybe you will make better decisions, or maybe you could care less!!! I am done with you!

Comments

• Sc
      3rd of Mar, 2010
    Grand Lux Cafe - Bad service
    Grand Lux Cafe
    grandluxcafe.com

I had a very unpleasant experience on Mother's Day weekend 2009 and the store manager (kelley) did not handle my situation to the best of his ability. After 5 years of patronage and referrals, I am reluctant to return.

• Ju
      27th of Sep, 2011
    Grand Lux Cafe - Bad service
    Grand Lux Cafe

The service at Grand Lux Cafe was absolutely horrible. My friends and I had to wait for 3 hours in order to be seated. People who came in after us were served before us. Granted, we were a large party. However, I truly believe that it is all about customer service. Hair was found in someones food twice. What is that? I would not recommend this restaurant to nobody.