Grand Getaways / Grand Getaways is a big rip-off!

I bought Grand Getaways in St. Martin and according to the US office they are not connected, yet now I am a member. I purchased this travel club to eliminate my traveling problems,(which is what they promise). When I called for airfare, it was priced higher than right off the internet. They had no travel locations available when requested, yet the other travel agencies had plenty. They say they can sell your timeshares with no problems, yet after you pay the money you don't hear from them again. If you call the sales office after purchasing, they claim they satisfy 87% of the time, and I guess I fell into the 13%.

Resort Solutions (supposedly the company that sells your timeshare for you) is probably a one person office that takes your money and doesn't even say thank you. When you call her from the Grand Getaways office to see if she can sell your timeshares, she tells you that they would sell easily because you paid so little, add a couple thousand and in 3 months they would be gone. Six months later, she states they are overpriced and won't sell.

Grand Getaways is a big rip-off.

Va
Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Ke
      1st of Mar, 2010
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

My parents lost $7, 000 to this scam.

It's obvious the positive posts about this company are planted by the company rather than satisfied customers. I'm not sure how these companies get away with stealing.

Keep getting the word out. Do whatever you can. This is the only way we can assure these companies not only go out of business, but also don't resurface.

• Ge
      13th of Feb, 2009

This company should be carefully investigated for illegal activity. We cancelled after a day and got a partial refund. They have you sign a paper saying that they will keep a portion of your payment even if you cancel within the 3-day grace period. I didn't think you could sign away your rights of protection under the law this easily. My advice: Stay away from this organization!

• Ke
      20th of Jul, 2011

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::TO EVERYONE OUT THERE::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

TO EVERYONE OUT THERE THAT BELIEVES THEY WERE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF LIED TO SO ON :::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I WILL LIKE EVERYONE TO TAKE A FEW MINUTES AND SEND ME AN EMAIL IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GET A :::::::::CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT STARTED :::::::::: PLEASE EMAIL ME NAME ADDRESS PHONE NUMBER AND A SHORT LETTER OF WHY YOU WANT TO CANCEL AND GET A FULL REFUND ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ONCE I GET ENOUGH I WILL GO TO THE LAWYERS OFFICE AND SUBMITT ALL THE PAPERS TO THEM :::::::

I LOVE THERE 7 NIGHT FREE VACTION TURNS OUT TO BE CLOSE TO $400 IN FEE'S ALONE:::::: THERE HOTEL DEALS ARE THE SAME OR HIGHER THAN THE INTERNET SEARCH ::::: PLANE TICKETS AND HUNDREDS MORE THAN INTERNET SEARCH

THERE $50 GAS REBATE I SENT THAT IN BACK IN MID MARCH 2011 CALLED UP 2 WEEKS AGO TO SEE WHAT WAS THE STATUS OF THAT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP PUT ME ON HOLD FOR LIKE 15 - 20 MIN'S TELLS ME THEY WILL BE IN THE MAIL IN A FEW DAYS YOU """WILL HAVE THEM ( I HAVE 2 ) WITH-IN A WEEK """ WELL I CALL YESTERDAY JULY 19, 2011 AFTER THE LONG WAIT AGAIN WAS TOLD """''THEY ARE STILL PROCESSING THEM """ WHEN I TOLD THE REP I WAS TOLD A FEW WEEKS BACK THEY WERE DONE PROCESSING AND WOULD BE IN THE MAIL IN A FEW DAYS THE REP'S RESONSE """"" THEY DID NOT TELL YOU THAT SIR """""" I ASKED HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT I WAS TOLD WERE YOU ON THE PHONE WITH ME FOR THOSE 15 TO 20 MINUTES I JUST HAD ENOUGH AND HUNG UP ...

THINK IT IS TIME TO TAKE ACTION

ST PETERSBURG, FLORIDA 33713

[email protected]

• Tr
      15th of Apr, 2009

We also were sold a package from this company costing $6000.000 with the promise of a week in mexico with a value of $2500 but when we sent the form to claim our holiday we heard nothing back and are still waiting. We booked a holiday to orlando but all that was on offer was westgate lakes in kissimmee. Certainly not the top class accommodation promised from the salesman and no cheaaper than if I had booked it myself. As we are from the United Kingsom we do not know if there are any consumer protection laws. I have now received an email demanding $199 membership fee for the year. I will not be giving anymore money to these people and warn anybody else to be aware of these unscrupulous people.

• St
      20th of Sep, 2010

Me and my wife went to Little Harbor in Ruskin for one of their presentation. Mark Biondi was the speaker, lying about going to the war, just to impress us. Just because he forced us, we had to give him $1250, and then made it hard for us to cancel. They are now in Ruskin, FL. Please, stay far from them, they will take all your money

• Ar
      7th of Feb, 2010

Is it time toorganize a class action lawsuit?

• Ar
      7th of Feb, 2010

Is it time to organize a clsss action lawsuit agains Coast to Coast Grand Get Aways?

• Sl
      12th of Feb, 2010

LOL, i signed up for this membership 10 years ago, paid my fees, and promptly cancelled. I then moved 1500 miles away.

They tracked me down and have now been harassing me for the past 6 months and tell me that my membership is perpetual and cant be cancelled.

What a joke of an organization.

• Co
      27th of Oct, 2010

Just attended a "presentation" Bahia Principe Ambar in the Dominican Republic. Thought we were buying into the Bahia Principe Vacation Club. It turns out that Bahia Principe Vacation Club does not exist but is just another name for part of the Great Getaways or Coast to Coast Network or RCI. This incident has left me completely disillusioned about the Bahia Principe organization entirely. Why would they want to damage their corporate image and credibility by associating them selves with a group like this.

I am judging by the various comments above that my chances of getting a refund from these people is slim and none. However I will persevere.

• Gi
      27th of Jan, 2011

The people on here on giving positive comments to Grad Getaways are obviously employed by them. My first experiences with them was booking a hotel room for the "best" price which late we found out was higher than what they charged for directly booking the hotel.

For my next experience, we went on a "free" vacation to Cancun. This was my third trip to Cancun and by far the least enjoyable. We had to pay for our airfare when we arrived we told Grand Getaways did not pay for the taxes of the hotel room, so we had to pay over a #$100 a night. The hotel was down right skanky. We literally saw roaches in our room.

I would like to take this as a lesson learned, but these "vultures" keep harassing me for their $200 membership fee. I receive a phone call everyday to collect their money. Today, I was called at 7:30 in the morning with a man berating me saying I signed a contract. If anyone is interested in a lawsuit, please email me [email protected]

• Ta
      14th of Mar, 2011

My father was taken advantage of with this horrible scam! Honestly, if anyone is willing to start some sort of law suit against Grand Getaway Vacations...please, please let us know. I get very irate when companies take advantage of the elderly. I documented every single attempt at communication with them and am willing to stand up for my father's rights, not only as a senior citizen, but also as a consumer that was robbed for thousands of dollars.

• Lo
      2nd of Jun, 2011

Mr. mark biondi, you should be ashamed of yourself by trying to trick people into buying your product, which after a lot of researching, it is not a good deal. I understand that in this economy everybody is out trying to make a buck, but you of all people, since you served int he miltary, should know better than trying to scam people. Seems like the majority of the people that attend you presentations feel that they have been scammed, and brought into the presentation under false pretenses. You and your partner, obviously were trying to sell us something, so why not mention it during the initial call that your marketing company makes to the victims. You should be held responsible for what the marketing company tells people, and saying that it is the marketing company MJJ's fault, should not relieve you from your responsibility. You promised all of the couples in the presentation that whatever we were promised, we would get at the end of the presentation... that was a lie, because unbeknownst to us, we didn't get what whas promised. We got come handouts, for us to fillout and mail with hopes that either we forget or give up in trying to get what we were promised. So you think you can get away with that? I think not... because Karma is a ###... and what goes around, comes around... I will post my opinion in every website that I can to let the people out there know what you and your company are all about.

• Bo
      4th of Sep, 2007

We were victimized on ST. Maarten in June 2007 by Grand Getaways Vacation Travel Club and lied to about interest rates and services. Do not buy.

7th of Sep, 2007

At work, I received a fax from someone who almost became a victim of Grand Getaways. The potential customer was told that a 7 day cruise in an "economy" cabin with bunk beds costs $3000. That is untrue! If you look at ANY legitimate cruise seller such as Vacations To Go or Cruises Only, you will see how much this vacation truly costs and know how much Grand Getaways is stealing with its grossly inflated prices.

13th of Dec, 2007

IF ANY ONE CUT PLEASE HELP MY GIVING MY THE PHONE NUMBERS OR THE WEB PAGE OF GRAND GETAGAY VACATION CLUB I WILL BE THANKFULL. IM A BEMBER BUT IS NOT WAY TO GET CONTACT WITH THEM. THANKS A MILLION.

• Na
      11th of Nov, 2008

i got rip off by grand get away call the police and call chanel 10 came out on the news but it still been a year and they never remburse me my $7, 995.00 in 2007 reported them to better buisness, chanel 10 had an inteview with the owner and he never show up, i dont know how the state atthorney doesnt arrest these people, and make him pay back all the money they have stole from the people.i wont sleep in peace until this happens.

• Ta
      29th of Dec, 2008

CONSUMERS BECAREFUL, SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!!! GRAND GETAWAYS VACATION CLUB aka Coast to Coast Grand Getaways Vacation Club aka as many many many other alias

We've been fighting with the nightmare company for a year now... We put the charge on a credit card and we are now refusing to pay it... Since my last complaint in here... The one and only vacation Grand Getaways booked us on wound up being a total nightmare... We asked to go to Sandy Beaches at Rocky Point in Puerto Penasco Mexico... They told us the Condo was at Sandy Beaches in Rocky Point... They lied to us and booked us 30-40mins away from Sandy Beaches...

Not only did this take months to make this reservation with them... They also managed to destroy our summer vacation...

As for our family members trying to use the nightmare Grand Getaways Vacation Club... They too received the run around by them... Our family members gave up and booked it themselves at way better rates...

Instead of purchasing into a scam like this use Redweek.com they have great deals for everyone...

• Pf
      22nd of Jan, 2009

We were also scammed in St. Martin by this company. After paying $14, 000 and yearly $199 for dues, we have absolutely NOTHING to show for it and certainly no deed or even a vacation from this deceitful company. We called Scott Whittle and asked that we be refunded our investment and were told no way. We were served alcohol during the presentation and then joined under duress. This was the most awful experience of our lives. We will take further action and hopefully sue them. If anyone else wants to join us, please let us know.
    Pam and Dave Falls, Poquoson, VA

• St
      20th of Sep, 2010

SCAMERS!!! STAY AWAY FROM THEM

• Du
      27th of Jun, 2011

Well, unfortunately I fell for this scam as well during a vacation in the Bahamas last week. I checked it out online as soon as I returned home (two days after joining the club) and saw your warnings. The "Price Match" certificate did contain the information about 24 hours and before 5:00 pm; I couldn't believe I missed that!!
    I've emailed and faxed every company I could find in the paperwork associated with this membership. I'm hoping I'm goint to get out of this intact, but I'm worried about the Bank of America (not mentioned in my paperwork -- all I see is: Merchant Stewart Vaction Ownership in connection with the deposit on a credit card they arranged.) I do not intend to pay a penny, because I contacted everyone within 2 business days. I can't believe I fell for this; it seemed like a great plan. I am most disappointed in the staff of the APEX International Marketing office (15c Elizabeth on Bay Marketplace, Bay Street, Nassau, The Bahamas); all the smiles and referring to prayer and God's blessings while they were aware they were scamming us. So sad, but lesson learned. I contacted APEX (Bahamas), Conrad Co. (Escondido, CA), Grand Getaways Vacation (Florida), Merchant Stewart Vacation Ownership, and Lloydshare Ltd. -- Glad to have avoided years of problems with this company. By the way the plan offered was MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE than anything you have mentioned here. The downpayment was @ 2, 100.00. :( So very disappointed!!!