Grand Getaways / Grand Getaways is a big rip-off!

I bought Grand Getaways in St. Martin and according to the US office they are not connected, yet now I am a member. I purchased this travel club to eliminate my traveling problems,(which is what they promise). When I called for airfare, it was priced higher than right off the internet. They had no travel locations available when requested, yet the other travel agencies had plenty. They say they can sell your timeshares with no problems, yet after you pay the money you don't hear from them again. If you call the sales office after purchasing, they claim they satisfy 87% of the time, and I guess I fell into the 13%.

Resort Solutions (supposedly the company that sells your timeshare for you) is probably a one person office that takes your money and doesn't even say thank you. When you call her from the Grand Getaways office to see if she can sell your timeshares, she tells you that they would sell easily because you paid so little, add a couple thousand and in 3 months they would be gone. Six months later, she states they are overpriced and won't sell.

Grand Getaways is a big rip-off.

Va
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

25th of Jul, 2016

I just learned that this company has been charging my credit card a yearly fee for a membership I cancelled years ago. I originally signed up with Cheap Tickets and then my membership automatically transferred to this company. I am an elderly woman and have had many health problems and have regrettably not been paying enough attention. I talked to a representative from the company today, and he told me that there's no way they could have charged my card without my knowledge but that is not true.

• Ji
      25th of Nov, 2015

If you want a good travel club go to AAA and you don't have invest thousands of dollars for nothing at Grand Getaway. They take your money and when they get that they come back and beg for more telling you have to pay or you get nothing. What did your original thousands of dollars get you? Answer is absolutely nothing except promises that are not even known about the next time they talk to you. I believe the company send their sales team to brain wash school to get their morals and humanity removed because all they care is getting your money in their pockets. Don't get me wrong cause Grand Getaways is not the only scamming company out there. If it sounds like their offers sound to good to be true you can bet they probably are!!!

22nd of Jan, 2015

I hope they can find some recourse with Grand Getaways. I am still hoping for a full refund of the $4, 500.00 payment for this service that was useless and I never could use.

• Er
      22nd of Jan, 2015

I am just now finding out that we got scammed. Was ready to schedule that cruise, but absolutely NO ONE will answer a phone. Would like to have gotten into the law suit some folks were setting up about 3 years ago. If anyone is still acting on that. please let me know, I'll join you.

4th of Aug, 2013

I too got burned in Nassau Bahamas in May 2011 for $4, 500. I was promised "huge discounts" and "exclusive vacation properties" available only to members. I have not been able to find one bargain or advantage for a vacation that can't be found cheaper on Orbitz, Travelocity, or Cheap Caribbean, etc. I made a claim with the Florida Atty General and Florida Dept of Consumer Services, and was told the “seller”, Sarasota Company (Coast to Coast Grand Getaways) was not responsible as an "agent" for the actual owner "Apex International Marketing" in the "untouchable" Bahamas. I'm still paying for this worthless mess of a "club" with absolutely no use or benefit. Please let me know if anyone had any success with getting any satisfaction or even a refund.

7th of Jun, 2013

Last year, Mark Biondi told me that if I paid a one time fee or $398.00 or something I don't remember the exact amount... Anyway I was told we would never have to pay maintenance again. Now I am getting phone calls that if I pay another two years blah blah... I am not happy.. He flat out lied to me...

• Bl
      22nd of May, 2013

Does anyone know how to JUST GET OUT OF THE MEMBERSHIP?? They offer to sell it, then say they cannot do that, double talk after double talk, I cannot believe you are truly locked into this for LIFE. Any ideas?

• Bl
      22nd of May, 2013

I am so very unhappy I ever signed up for their "service" or "membership" whatever they choose to call it. It is perpetual hell. Harassing phone calls every time renewal is coming, threats of ruining your credit if you don't pay. They now are offering me the grand opportunity to pay $460 for the "right" to put my membership on hold forever. I've already paid thousands of useless dollars! Biggest regret - ever!

2nd of May, 2013

Dear "Not falling for what you are selling, "

Would you be willing to contact us with your contact info and what presentation you attended? You can email me at [protected]@gograndgetaways.com. We'd like to set a few things straight. So you know, it is company policy to only charge a credit card when a customer has given us permission.

Sorry for any inconvenience,

2nd of May, 2013

My husband and I attended a travel seminar attempting to sell discounted travel to us. Immediately when we arrived I told my husband these are sleazy people. However, we sat down and watched the presentation. On arrival they asked each of us for our drivers license and a major credit or bank card. Shame on us. We foolishly complied. Everything that these people are selling is a scam. First, they scam you by getting your credit and or bank card number. Next they attempt to sell you 6-8 weeks in a timeshare in various places along with "discounted" travel expenses. Well nothing is in writing. Not how much of a discount you will get nor where the timeshare locations are or the condition the timeshares are in all for $12, 000.00. These crooks lie blatantly to get you to come to the presentation by telling you that even if you do not buy anything you will get two free airline tickets and two nights in a Marriott Hotel anywhere in the Continental U.S. through another company called Smart Travel & Incentives Incorporated. All that is another scam to get you to send anywhere from $100.00 to $300.00 by sending in the initiation fee for your free travel gifts. That is not all. I had bogus charges these people made on my credit card on my statement. If you get a postcard asking you to go to one of these presentations call the police. These crooks sold this nothing of a deal to two senior citizens in the meeting my husband and I were also in. I still regret not getting up and telling those old people that they were being ripped off for $12, 000.00. I am reporting these people to the states attorney's office in Citrus County Florida for exploitation of the elderly and extortion and credit card fraud. Beware and call the cops.

18th of Apr, 2013

StoneHorseFarm,

Would you be willing to have a discussion with our VP of Business Administration? We'd like to set a few things straight! If so, please email [protected]@gograndgetaways.com with your contact info.

• St
      18th of Apr, 2013

I just returned from a lovely family trip to Orlando which involved the Grand Getaways presentation. And I admit I started to sign up for it! They quoted a perfect Better Business Bureau track record, being connected with Sam's Club, and lots of other things. While I find a large list of companies by that name on the BBB, not one is a member. And of course the presenter is an Iraq veteran who woke up from his injuries in Germany. I didn't notice he had any scars or pain from this recent trauma, but of course they might not be visible. At any rate, as I was going through the hour-long ordeal of signing paperwork, I was horrified at the typos on the documents. They were very poorly done. At the last minute I said I had changed my mind. Talk about causing shock! They were fairly polite, and I am SO relieved I did not sign those papers! Their favorite pressure tactic seems to be saying you have to sign NOW (which should have set off red alerts in my head and kind of did), and that if you don't join HERE, at the RESORT, it will cost twice as much. This is not a legitimate service. The $199 membership I was fine with, but shelling out $7, 000-$16, 000??? Where are the savings in that idiotic program

• Ba
      9th of Apr, 2013

My wife and I purchased the $6000.00 member package from Coast to Coast Grand Getaways in the spring of 2012 at Harbor House Resort on Ft. Myers Beach Florida. Due to unpredictable health issues we are not are not able to plan vacations. After renewing our membership for two more years I was told by Grand Getaways staff to sell my membership on either Craigs List or Ebay or contact Harbor House in Ft. Myers Beach for other avenues to recover the investiment. Harbor House no longer has any connection with Grand Getaways. If anyone can utilize this travel membership I would gladly sell for half price or consider offers. Help! and thanks Grand Getaways for your lack of assistance but, rather "We got your money, see ya". attitude. Randy [protected]@aol.com

• Ba
      9th of Apr, 2013

My wife and I purchased a $6000.00 dollar package in the spring of 2012, at the Harbor House presentations on Ft. Myers Beach Florida. We thought it might be of value; but my health became unpredictable and has detured us from being able to make travel plans. I contacted Grand Getaways in March 2013 and ask how either I could sell my membership or and avenue to recover my investiment. After paying for two more years membership, I was told to sell it on Craigs List or Ebay, or to contact Harbor House which no longer has anything to do with Coast-to-Coast Grand Getaways. I would be happy to sell the package at a loss to anyone that could use it. Help! Contact Randy at [protected]@aol.com

27th of Jul, 2012

Hello everyone,
    I apologize if you have felt pressured into anything. It is company policy to remove anyone who requests to be taken off our call or email lists. If you are still receiving unwanted communications, please email me at [protected]@gograndgetaways.com, and I will ensure they stop. However, our seasoned travel agents help thousands of members travel around the world each year. You may actually find our services to be a great asset as you book travel.

I hope you're having a great summer,

• Di
      25th of Jul, 2012

About six or seven years ago, I was trying to find cheap airline tickets and stumbled across Cheap Trips. I must have purchased something to get discounted tickets. Several years later, I received a call from Grand Getaways stating that I had $3, 000.00 in "equity" from their buyout of Cheap Trips. I had no clue what the heck they were talking about, and graciously declined any further dealings. They kept calling me !! One call, I literally told the rep to stop "F" ing calling me...I AM NOT INTERESTED, and hung up. He called back 13 times ( in a row ) !!! I threatened to call the Attorney General, police, State Reps and anyone else I needed to call to make this idiot stop harassing me. I didn't hear from Grand Getaways for quite some time, until just recently. This time it was supposedly someone higher up on the totem pole. Oh, he offered two $500.00 airline vouchers, a $50.00 American express card ( he said to treat myself to a manicure or something), two free weeks a year at any resort in the Continental U.S. !!! All this for $199.00 a year. He insisted I should take advantage of the two year membership for $ 349.00 because there were more perks ! I told him I had just filed bankruptcy and could not justify purchasing a vacation getaway deal. He said he understood, BUT would give me a call back in November in case anything changes, because he "didn't want me to lose my $3, 000.00 equity! What a nice guy... NOT !!! SMELLS LIKE A SCAM. Thank God for caller ID.

18th of Jun, 2012

I attended one of their seminars several months ago and refused to buy. My husband and I left knowing the whole thing was a scam. Today I received a call. The caller ID clearly said "Grand Getaways". When I answered and told them not to call me again, the man said in a really mean voice "This is a tax collection service, you better speak to me". I laughed and told him I had caller ID, my son was a lawyer and if he didn't want to be fined $10, 000 because I am on the "Do not call list", he had better never call me again. ITS A HUGE BIG SCAM, STAY AWAY AND THESE PEOPLE WILL OBVIOUSLY DO ANYTHING TO KEEP YOU ON THE PHONE.

23rd of Apr, 2012

My wife and I purchased a grandgetaway vacation package for $3995.00. This was in Richmond VA and was talked to by Ron Hussein. He was the leader of the pack at our presentation and made all the final decisions. He went from initially offering us the package for $7995.00 As we talked, and I questioned him about different aspects of his presentation, he kept dropping the price.
    I have been very weary of draws like this in the past and still am, but I let him talk me into the purchase, after all he cut the price in half.
    I read the contract throughly when I got home, something they don't give you time for at the presentation. I realized that I had been scammed by a very smart con man and business associates. I have sent in my cancellation by certified registered mail and requested a signature receipt of delivery. I don't expect to see the two $50 American Express prepaid cards for my gas for attending the presentation, if I do I'll let you know at a later date. Upon looking at the so called free cruise and airfare, I have estimated it will cost me out pocket expense of around $1000.00 for taxes, fees and ect. I will let them keep their cruise and air fare, I can get the same deal without them for just a couple hundred dollars more and know exactly where I am staying. I want have to worry about where they are going to stick my wife and me.

• Bi
      16th of Apr, 2012

best vacation club ever!!! for much better than any time share club...there are no maintenance fees and they have great affordability on accommodations i think its the best thing since slice bread!! do get fool by the false bad reviews that clearly there competitions are posting online..there all about cruises and all inclusive and adventure tours...best club ever.

• Pu
      20th of Mar, 2012

this company is poorly run and the "agents" are picky about who they call back. One agent is named April who is very rude and someone named Kim that isnt very helpful either, not sure what office they are in but they never freakin get back to you. there are too many rules and half the people who answer the phone dont know what the hell is going on. dont get taken with this company grand incentives, cheap trips, coast to coast they are all run by the same company...