Grand Getaways / Grand Getaways is a big rip-off!

I bought Grand Getaways in St. Martin and according to the US office they are not connected, yet now I am a member. I purchased this travel club to eliminate my traveling problems,(which is what they promise). When I called for airfare, it was priced higher than right off the internet. They had no travel locations available when requested, yet the other travel agencies had plenty. They say they can sell your timeshares with no problems, yet after you pay the money you don't hear from them again. If you call the sales office after purchasing, they claim they satisfy 87% of the time, and I guess I fell into the 13%.

Resort Solutions (supposedly the company that sells your timeshare for you) is probably a one person office that takes your money and doesn't even say thank you. When you call her from the Grand Getaways office to see if she can sell your timeshares, she tells you that they would sell easily because you paid so little, add a couple thousand and in 3 months they would be gone. Six months later, she states they are overpriced and won't sell.

Grand Getaways is a big rip-off.

Va

Comments

• St
      18th of Apr, 2013

I just returned from a lovely family trip to Orlando which involved the Grand Getaways presentation. And I admit I started to sign up for it! They quoted a perfect Better Business Bureau track record, being connected with Sam's Club, and lots of other things. While I find a large list of companies by that name on the BBB, not one is a member. And of course the presenter is an Iraq veteran who woke up from his injuries in Germany. I didn't notice he had any scars or pain from this recent trauma, but of course they might not be visible. At any rate, as I was going through the hour-long ordeal of signing paperwork, I was horrified at the typos on the documents. They were very poorly done. At the last minute I said I had changed my mind. Talk about causing shock! They were fairly polite, and I am SO relieved I did not sign those papers! Their favorite pressure tactic seems to be saying you have to sign NOW (which should have set off red alerts in my head and kind of did), and that if you don't join HERE, at the RESORT, it will cost twice as much. This is not a legitimate service. The $199 membership I was fine with, but shelling out $7, 000-$16, 000??? Where are the savings in that idiotic program

• Gr
      18th of Apr, 2013

StoneHorseFarm,

Would you be willing to have a discussion with our VP of Business Administration? We'd like to set a few things straight! If so, please email [protected]@gograndgetaways.com with your contact info.

Coast to Coast Grand Getaways

2nd of May, 2013

My husband and I attended a travel seminar attempting to sell discounted travel to us. Immediately when we arrived I told my husband these are sleazy people. However, we sat down and watched the presentation. On arrival they asked each of us for our drivers license and a major credit or bank card. Shame on us. We foolishly complied. Everything that these people are selling is a scam. First, they scam you by getting your credit and or bank card number. Next they attempt to sell you 6-8 weeks in a timeshare in various places along with "discounted" travel expenses. Well nothing is in writing. Not how much of a discount you will get nor where the timeshare locations are or the condition the timeshares are in all for $12, 000.00. These crooks lie blatantly to get you to come to the presentation by telling you that even if you do not buy anything you will get two free airline tickets and two nights in a Marriott Hotel anywhere in the Continental U.S. through another company called Smart Travel & Incentives Incorporated. All that is another scam to get you to send anywhere from $100.00 to $300.00 by sending in the initiation fee for your free travel gifts. That is not all. I had bogus charges these people made on my credit card on my statement. If you get a postcard asking you to go to one of these presentations call the police. These crooks sold this nothing of a deal to two senior citizens in the meeting my husband and I were also in. I still regret not getting up and telling those old people that they were being ripped off for $12, 000.00. I am reporting these people to the states attorney's office in Citrus County Florida for exploitation of the elderly and extortion and credit card fraud. Beware and call the cops.

• Gr
      2nd of May, 2013

Dear "Not falling for what you are selling, "

Would you be willing to contact us with your contact info and what presentation you attended? You can email me at [protected]@gograndgetaways.com. We'd like to set a few things straight. So you know, it is company policy to only charge a credit card when a customer has given us permission.

Sorry for any inconvenience,
    Coast to Coast Grand Getaways

• Bl
      22nd of May, 2013

I am so very unhappy I ever signed up for their "service" or "membership" whatever they choose to call it. It is perpetual hell. Harassing phone calls every time renewal is coming, threats of ruining your credit if you don't pay. They now are offering me the grand opportunity to pay $460 for the "right" to put my membership on hold forever. I've already paid thousands of useless dollars! Biggest regret - ever!

• Bl
      22nd of May, 2013

Does anyone know how to JUST GET OUT OF THE MEMBERSHIP?? They offer to sell it, then say they cannot do that, double talk after double talk, I cannot believe you are truly locked into this for LIFE. Any ideas?

7th of Jun, 2013

Last year, Mark Biondi told me that if I paid a one time fee or $398.00 or something I don't remember the exact amount... Anyway I was told we would never have to pay maintenance again. Now I am getting phone calls that if I pay another two years blah blah... I am not happy.. He flat out lied to me...

4th of Aug, 2013

I too got burned in Nassau Bahamas in May 2011 for $4, 500. I was promised "huge discounts" and "exclusive vacation properties" available only to members. I have not been able to find one bargain or advantage for a vacation that can't be found cheaper on Orbitz, Travelocity, or Cheap Caribbean, etc. I made a claim with the Florida Atty General and Florida Dept of Consumer Services, and was told the “seller”, Sarasota Company (Coast to Coast Grand Getaways) was not responsible as an "agent" for the actual owner "Apex International Marketing" in the "untouchable" Bahamas. I'm still paying for this worthless mess of a "club" with absolutely no use or benefit. Please let me know if anyone had any success with getting any satisfaction or even a refund.

• Er
      22nd of Jan, 2015

I am just now finding out that we got scammed. Was ready to schedule that cruise, but absolutely NO ONE will answer a phone. Would like to have gotten into the law suit some folks were setting up about 3 years ago. If anyone is still acting on that. please let me know, I'll join you.

22nd of Jan, 2015

I hope they can find some recourse with Grand Getaways. I am still hoping for a full refund of the $4, 500.00 payment for this service that was useless and I never could use.

• Ji
      25th of Nov, 2015

If you want a good travel club go to AAA and you don't have invest thousands of dollars for nothing at Grand Getaway. They take your money and when they get that they come back and beg for more telling you have to pay or you get nothing. What did your original thousands of dollars get you? Answer is absolutely nothing except promises that are not even known about the next time they talk to you. I believe the company send their sales team to brain wash school to get their morals and humanity removed because all they care is getting your money in their pockets. Don't get me wrong cause Grand Getaways is not the only scamming company out there. If it sounds like their offers sound to good to be true you can bet they probably are!!!

25th of Jul, 2016

I just learned that this company has been charging my credit card a yearly fee for a membership I cancelled years ago. I originally signed up with Cheap Tickets and then my membership automatically transferred to this company. I am an elderly woman and have had many health problems and have regrettably not been paying enough attention. I talked to a representative from the company today, and he told me that there's no way they could have charged my card without my knowledge but that is not true.