Grand Canyon University / quality of my education

Surprise, AZ, United States Review updated:

I'm not completely complaining about the school itself, but the quality of the education that I pay alot of money for and after this semester I will more than likely not be back. When it comes to education and teaching at this school. It seems as if either the schools cariculum is terrible or the teachers don't care to teach. I have been here going on 3 semesters and I have never in my life have teachers give out so many essays and worksheets in my life. All the professors do is literally do a PowerPoint and that's it. It is paper after paper after paper. Like they want us to do their job and teach our selves. That is exactly how I feel, I am teaching myself​. I have to look up the information on a paper that has had virtually no instructions, just a few points we have to hit on. When your doing 4 classes and each class has multiple essays and worksheets with a certain word count on it. It is near impossible to keep up. In my intro to sports management class I had 7 different papers and 2 PowerPoint presentations due. I dont know if you all are trying to weed out people, but what ever your doing it is not a good. Professors NEVER give you feed back on time, they don't show you your quizzes and what you did wrong, and all but one professor never gave feed back on worksheets so if you have done the worksheet and you don't have the right information​ you will miss those questions on the test which they don't show you. I have actually had a Christian worldview teacher tell me on a feed back from the student forum after I asked a simple question about a Bible verse, that I need to go to this web site and do research on the web to figure it out. I am done teaching myself for the money I spend here. I really like the atmosphere and the people but the education part is past horrific. I have had better instructors at a community college. Heck I had way better instructors at UTI than there is here. Something has to be done about the quality of the education, you all are giving yourselves a bad name and I will not recommend this school to anyone in the future. I had high hopes for this school but it looks like it's back to a community college to get my education.

Be
Jun 15, 2017

Comments

Jul 10, 2017

I loved going to GCU! I went from 2010 until 2014! I was taking my last class which was special education student teaching. I was told my my"mentor" she was going to make me earn my grade. My supervisor yelled at me for nothing her and complaining to her that my mentor left to go to other schools and left me to be observed with a sub. I called GCU a lot to tell them I was having trouble but they pretend it was all in my head. I had no one listening and so on Dec 2014. The school contacted my supervisor and asked me to leave the school. They treated me like I hurt a student and I never found out what I did wrong. I just knew that my mentor was so afraid I would get her job. I spent 52k on my education and the school wanted me to fill out my FASA to get more money. I was not happy any more because once I used up all my money they wanted me to get more. Do not go to this school, I had an 3.8 gap and still can not believe a Christian school treated me this way!