Grand Canyon University / extreme drop fees

1 Phoenix, AZ, United States Review updated:

I am a widow of a service connected veteran who wanted to complete my BA online. I was enrolled for two days and was forces to drop out due to a family emergency. The university charges 25% of the tuition plus $100.00 drop fee. Buyer Beware! I have never felted so ripped off from a sole called Christian business!

Jl

Comments

• Bu
      25th of Jul, 2010

I know what you mean. But I had to pay $425 to drop a class. ;-(

• Re
      1st of Dec, 2010

After 45 days of being enrolled in a Christian Studies Program I had to withdraw from the program for health related reasons I am now being billed for $1725.00 in school fees that I was not aware of. I never received any information from the school about how to officially withdraw from a program. Had I known that the school operated this way I would have never enrolled.

• Gc

Hi Regina Ellis,

Would you contact me directly at ritule@gcu.edu or by phone at 602-639-7571 from 9a-5p Mountain Time and I'll be happy to try and assist you on this.

Thanks,
    Robyn Itule

Social Media Strategist
    ritule@gcu.edu
    602-639-7571

• Re
      1st of Dec, 2010

Thanks but no Thanks. I spoke with Eric in the finance office on 11/30/2010 and he has made it clear that the $1725.00 must be paid. Like I said before had I known that the school operated like this I would have attended a local university.
    I'm the one who looses all the way around first and foremost I had to withdraw from the program for medical reasons [ which does not seem to matter ] and secondly the fact that I have not achieved any of my academic goals has been the hardest lesson of all that Grand Canyon University has taught me .

• St
      8th of Nov, 2017

Hello, I normally do NOT expect special treatment because I am in the Navy in matter of fact I don't like it. Though one thing I need is flexibility and this school does not have it. I realized this when I went on my first underway (out on the water) for a week. I told them this, that I was going away for about a week. They said it was okay, I believed them. BIG MISTAKE! Next thing I am unexcused from my class and my essay that I worked hard on a week in advance and the rest of the assignments. I came back to them being (late) and I got a zero for all of them. I was not happy, so I tried to call the teacher and no luck, I tried contacting my counselor and again no luck. So I tried to contact the dean, its like she doesn't exist. When I called a day after my counselor finally got to me and asked me why I was upset. So I told her, she said that it was to bad and made me feel hopeless. So now I am way behind because I keep going on these underways and working on my job and all I need is a little bit more flexibility and it is upsetting that this is how it goes at this school. I would say this school is definitely not military friendly. I was looking forward to this class since I enrolled in this school but I ended up wrong and now all I want to do is drop out of this school. (which I plan to) and go to a much better school. One that will assist me and not fight against me. I have enough on my plate and this is something that is unnecessary! It makes me feel like a failure but I see it as a learning lesson. Not only that the tech support isn't helpful either, the website kept on crashing while I was taking my quizzes and I could never retake them. So no matter how I studied, I always ended up with a 0%. So this is me throwing in the white flag.