Grand Canyon University / financial aid
I can certainly relate to difficulties with Grand Canyon University Financial Aid. My "Finance Counselor" Melissa Penny told me that my disbursement refund would be sent to me by the 14th of July. Then all of a sudden, there is this code on my account for the student loans. Well she claims it held up the Pell Grant too. The student loans had already been applied to my account. I never even got a notice that the funds would be late and I was depending on them as a single parent returning to school. My son is disabled, and I could not complete my Bachelors Degree in the past. So, I thought I'd do so at Grand Canyon. Three FAFSA Representatives advised me that there was no reason why my disbursement would not be posted and available for my use. But this Melissa Penny claimed that "they" will be reviewing my account soon. She never told me who "they" were. In fact she acted as if she were disinterested. I was lucky when she even answered me at all. And her boss, Chris Nicholson (F.A. Admin. at GCU) was worse. He flat out lied to me. He said he had personally mailed the disbursement refund to me, then she came back days later and said it was mailed at another time. It's ridiculous. He was very rude to me and acted as if I were bothering him. I tell you--I wish I had not chosen this school. I honestly feel that they are stealing grant and loan money or mismanaging it. I applied for the Teach Grant and they won't even tell me if it is being processed or not.
They sicken me and I wish I knew who at the US Dept. of Education to report them to. I am currently reviewing other schools to switch to.
More Grand Canyon University Complaints & Reviews
- Grand Canyon University - financial aid/disbursement problems 
- Grand Canyon University - total rip off 
- Grand Canyon University - financial aid/president of gcu 
- Grand Canyon University - class action lawsuit 
- Grand Canyon University - transfer credits - scam 
- Grand Canyon University [GCU] - overcharged without advisement - holding diploma
- Grand Canyon University [GCU] - free speech and diversity
- Grand Canyon University [GCU] - blocking speaker ben shapiro
- Grand Canyon University [GCU] - sallie mae loan refund
- Grand Canyon University [GCU] - ech-220 online class!