Grand Canyon UniveristyTheir Own Professors are Miserable

1 Review updated:

Even the professors know GCU is a joke. For them, it's a HORRIBLE place to work. Here's what they say about working at Grand Canyon University. I found this on an employer-rating web site:
"The turnover here is a great indicator of the kind of environment you're getting into: 18months. And the administration doesn't bat an eye. The bottom line is: you don't matter to them; if you leave, they'll just fill your spot with someone else, preferably someone unqualified so they'll have no choice but to take the bullying and stick around, since they would never get hired in the same position elsewhere...By way of summary I would say you are micromanaged and disempowered...and colleagues don't want to spend time with each other to build a faculty culture because everyone just wants to get out as quickly as possible...The work environment is hostile and fear-based, consisting of extreme micromanagement and little employee empowerment. The people who last are "Yes-men;" making a decision for yourself or voicing an opinion contrary to upper management's is the surest way to be terminated...Of course, there is no faculty senate or representation to the administration. Faculty therefore have no input and no way to advocate for better circumstances to improve their job performance...Upper management motivate by fear..."

Here's another:

"The culture is influenced by people who are sales driven in some divisions and others are more employee focused with a sales push...The industry as a whole falls into a sales type environment for recruiting students and are limited in not providing sales type salaries and commission for the closed sales or enrolled students. The profits are there to support a commission, but the department of education doesn't allow the practice. So employees look forward to a 0 to 4 percent raise for a sales type position at each level due to the measures or job descriptions each are held to."

Would you really want to pay many thousands of dollars for a fake education from a fake "university" where the professors are downtrodden, underpaid, powerless and unhappy? Do you really want to give your money to an institution that cares nothing about EDUCATION, but rather making about making as much cash as possible as quickly as possible? Do you really want to pay money for a sub-par education provided by a CULT?
(Grand Canyon University is owned by the evil, sick, hateful MORMONS). Trust me; it's not a "Christian" college; the same Mormon psychos run GSU as did U. of Phoenix.

Qu
Feb 07, 2015

More Grand Canyon Univeristy Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Al
      Jan 17, 2011

Another week has passed and this instructor for Biology has really pushed my last button. I am going to send an email explaining all the problems I have encountered since my start there in 2009. I can say that they have been consistent in providing me with so much stress that I am sick physically. Not a single person there has resolved any issue that I have experienced there. There are way too many students for that little school to handle. Now wanting to get out my class and withdraw I will have to pay 100% of what it costs. What the kicker is is that when depending on my financial aid I have had to bend over backwards to get my aid. No one even knows what it has taken me to receive the aid that is mine. I have had to endure weeks and weeks of stress and anguish over this all and not one single method of resolution has been done. I still have to do all my own investigation to find out about my financial aid there. Not only that. I have said over and over what type of treatment I have received there and I am done.
    I am going to contact the local media and from there I am going to contact every person on the board of education concerning these issues. No one should have to go through what I have gone through for an education.

• Al