Graham Recruiting / Fake Employment Adds

I applied to a job listed on Craigslist for Doctors Office Receptionist. Immediately I received an email saying

"Due to the overwhelming response we have created an online application for your convenience.

Please click the link below for the application to fill out.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth Moore

So I clicked on the link and the page that appeared seemed very familiar asking for my educational info and a resume upload, but no questions about my skills or work experience. I filled it all out anyways, but did not include my cell number, as in the past I have received unwanted texts, from sites similar to this. After I hit submit, it asked me to call a 1888 number to verify my info before it can be submitted. I called and talked to a guy who said he didn't know where the job I applied for is, and then asked me about my educational background and if I wanted to enroll in school. I said no to that and then he said he had everything he needed.

This place obviously is just trying to recruit people to go back to school. If I had said I had a PhD I think he would have asked if I was interested in furthering my education.

Also I emailed Elizabeth Moore back from the first email I got from them asking where the position was located and received the same response to fill out an application. This whole process was a waste of time for me, so don't waste yours!

Mr

More Graham Recruiting Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Dl
      15th of Oct, 2010

Thanks. I filled it out ysterday and I'm supposed to call today at 3:00. If it's still on Craigslist I will report it. I hate that kind of deception.

• Br
      27th of Jan, 2011

Thank you for your post(s). I was pulled there as a Carpenter looking for a job. Their site didn't look right, and that's how I found you. I'm definitely posting this link to FB :))

12th of Feb, 2011

I just had the same situation mentioned in the first comment happen to me from an agency called National Staffing Services. When asked about my education, I said I had a Bachelor of Arts degree, and I was asked if I was interested in continuing my education. Originally the woman said the interview could take up to 20 minutes, but after asking me a second time to confirm whether I would want to continue my education, and I said that I was completed with my education, she said she thinks she has enough info now to pass my application on to the employer. The call took only about 3 minutes, and no further information on the job was given. I also had an interview scheduled for the next day with Graham Recruiting, but after reading everyone's comments, I will not even bother. Thanks, and good luck to everyone out there looking for jobs!

13th of Feb, 2011

My first clue that the ad I responded to was a hoax was the listed pay per hour. Where in the US does a Receptionist make $20 per hour? Not anywhere in North Carolina. Also, the ad was from BackPage.com, and I do not think I have ever followed up on an ad from there that turned out to be legitimate. Thanks for saving me the time of calling these jokers Monday.

• Pt
      15th of Feb, 2011

why would job helping companies such as indeed list these type companies on their site if these companies do not help us find jobs

• Bu
      16th of Feb, 2011

Same thing happened to me. when I told them I was not interested in more education the guy couldn't hang up fast enough.

• Nc
      19th of Feb, 2011

I just saw an ad for a file clerk through them. It sent red flags up especially when a ridiculous amount (pay)was listed... I am turning them in to the BBB and the employment listing sight.. It's bad enough we that are unemployed have to be sucked into a scam like this. But we know they are taking advantage of the situation and our vulnerability. If I had money to go back to school I would not need a job.

22nd of Feb, 2011

what ever you do, do not get sucked in. If you want to go back to school go right in your hometown. i followed this link as well from indeed, I'm just an entry level guy in my mid 40's looking for entry level work. At any rate, i filled out the app, uploaded Cover sheet and resume, then it directed me to to some number to call. I called it talk to a representative and low and behold its for online college degree from Florida. I told them thanks but no thanks, if I want to go to college I'll go in my own hometown, there is plenty of them were I live in central New York. For about a month straight they kept calling me, I ignore their phone calls and they finally stopped calling. Indeed should screen there post as well, because this is definably a scam!.

22nd of Feb, 2011

I just went through the same thing with them. I applied for a Human Resources Assistant job - and the pay was on target - and they gave me a number to call. Prior to that, they sent me a text message to confirm my appointment. I replied by text and told them not to send me future messages as my texts are limited. They sent this message: We will no longer send messages to this mobile number. For help reply HELP or call 1-888-753-4394 or email help@wirelesscommunicationscorp.com. THE HELP NUMBER WAS BOGUS. Got the recorded message that the number was not in service. I called them anyway and spoke to some woman, and as soon as I told her I was going to school now, she gave me the, "If someone is interested, they'll give you a call." I tried to find out where exactly this job was, and she said, "In your area, " and wouldn't give me anymore information. The call lasted for two minutes.

I already reported them to the BBB and gave them all of this information. If they call my number out of the blue, they will be reported to the Do Not Call list as well.

• Co
      23rd of Feb, 2011

They are looking to sign people up for online education, at any level. It's pretty disgusting when you are looking for work, get your interest built up and then find out there is no job.

24th of Feb, 2011

Hey everyone, I just got the following response from the BBB today:

Thank you for contacting the BBB about Graham Recruiting, especially since this is the first time we have been made aware about this company. You have supplied us with some very useful information and we will begin creating a report for them. The Minnesota Department of Labor specializes in handling employment issues and I recommend contacting them to see if they suggest any further precautions to the situation. Their phone number is 1-651-284-5005.

Best of luck and thank you for reporting this to your BBB!

If you also want to contact the Minnesota Department of Labor, the number is listed above.

• Mr
      8th of Apr, 2011

After reading all of the complaints about this company i will not waist my time and call back. I calling the # 888-450-8737 provided to me to call for an interview, which I thought this was to setup a face to face interview about a receptionist job and spoke to a man. I was at work at the time, he asked me if i was at work cause he heard a lot of noise in the background. I said yes i am and he told me it is against their company rules and morals to interview while a candidate is at work for me to call back when i'm not at work and not while driving either. I thought it was a lil weird so decided to do some research on the company and come to find out this is a scam company that tries to recruite people to go back to school not to offer any jobs. Thanks to all that commented saved me the time from calling them back. But I must add that this is a real shame when one is looking for work and gets in touch with what you think is a recruiting agency but turns out to be a scam!! NO TO WAIT YOUR TIME PEOPLE TOTALL SCAM!!

Mrs. Pissed Off!

• Mr
      8th of Apr, 2011

@ mamabear0100 I also received the same text with the same #'s. I cant believe this. SMH

• Da
      13th of May, 2011

I just got off the phone with them. When I said I was not interested in continuing my education the woman said she had enough information and that if the company was interested they would call. Funny thing is when I first got on the phone with her she said the call would take between 5 to 25 minutes. I was on the phone with her for about 2 minutes. Waste of time and energy.