Graeme Moir / Botched Surgery

1 England, Kent, United Kingdom Review updated:

Had a Breast Augmentation with Graeme Moir it went wrong, when I asked him to fix it I was told I would have to pay for the Anesthetist (1200) or have it repaired under local anesthetic, as I could not afford to pay I had to go through the horror of the operation while awake. This still did not correct his original operation so I booked with another surgeon to have it fixed, he said he would refund the cost of the original operation but only after I had had the third surgery and confirmed I was happy. I sent photo's of my completed surgery and guess what... he refused to pay the agreed refund. I ended up getting a CCJ out on him. He was even cruel enough to have his secretary tell me the cheque was in the post, this prompted me tell my daughter who is 18 next week she could have the holiday she wanted for her birthday, it was a nasty lie as he had actually gone insolvent.

Be

Comments

18th of Feb, 2010

My heart goes out to you. Thank you for posting your story, so others can be aware of bad doctors like this one. I think there are just way too many doctors that aren't qualify to do plastic surgeries. Plastic surgeon from what I read gets an additional training of 7 years. Most doctors can get trash course on the weekend and then use their patients to practice on. I read doctors with a license to practice can perform plastic surgeries in united states. No too sure how truth this is. Not all doctors are created equal. Some doctors graduate on the bottom of the class barely passing is still called "doctors". Too many doctors want to do plastic surgeries cuz it is very lucrative. It is cash only and insurance is not involved. I think there must be many botched stories cuz many doctors out there aren't even plastic surgeons doing plastic surgeries. And some of the plastic surgeries don't even have the right skills or proper training to do plastic surgeries on ethnic people's face. They don't take into the consideration of how they may scar, etc. When a surgeon botched plastic surgery and you end up with mutilated face or body, they still get to keep your money and move on to mutilate another face until they sharpen their skill. Beware of surgeons that are extremely nice when they take your money and tell you with great confidence what they can do. These kind usually will mutilated you badly!!!

27th of Apr, 2010

Too many quacks out there that called themselves doctors. The public need to work together to weed them out. There is way too many doctors and many aren't qualify. They just want fancy cars, fancy homes, and live the lifestyle of being wealthy at the expense of their patients without informed consent. I heard that the estimated botched comestic surgeries is more than 65%. That is why you have other quacks advertising that they are experts in fixing botched works.

• Bo
      14th of Jun, 2010

There are also too many people out there with unrealistic expectations . A surgeon is not GOD and as such can only operate within the usual human parameters .The most highly skilled and qualified surgeons who also have eons of experience can and do have unsuccessful outcomes from time to time.
    This particular surgeon is not a "quack" and is as qualified and skilled as any.It seems to me the problem lies in the public domain where the expectation of the cosmetic patient is often far removed from any realistic result from the surgeons knife. The cost involved would probably have been better spent on a psychiatric consultation.

• Me
      12th of Jan, 2012

It is common practice for surgeons to provide free revisions when patients are not happy and it seems from your story that your surgeon was actually happy to do this. However it is at the anaesthetists discretion if he/she wishes to waver their fee and in this case they have decided not to. I therefore think that your argument is void because you are complaning about the surgeon when in actual fact you should have taken this up with the anaesthetist. Before you undertake any kind of cosmetic surgery you are made aware of what could go wrong - every person is different so it is impossible to predict an outcome.

• Le
      24th of Aug, 2013

Graeme Moir has a long background of bad debt and generally has a very low moral and unethical standard. He is a bankrupt who consistantly has not paid his child support. He is apparantly a competent surgeon...however you have NO chance of getting any money back from him or any compassion. I assure you that someone who treats his own children the way he has done, and continues to do so, couldnt care less about you, your daughter, vacation etc. If you are hoping for any money back...JOIN THE QUEUE.