GrabCar / GrabTaxiunauthorized credit card charges

Dear sir / madam,

I had visited singapore as a tourist from 5-13apr17 & had downloaded grab app & used the cab services. The services were highly delinquent in payment systems.

While I had paid all the cab charges by cash except for the last day (13apr17) when I ran out of sgd in cash, I had loaded grab-pay with an amount of sgd80 thru my credit card & had informed the driver’s of the last 2 rides in advance to the ride to debit it from my grab-pay account. Surprisingly, the 2nd last ride driver (Adr-[protected]-2-046) refused to take online payment of sgd24 from grab-pay & instead compelled me to pay in cash while the last ride driver (Adr-[protected]-2-047) agreed to charge sgd55 to my grab-pay account, but ended up charging my credit card account directly which I found out today after getting my credit card statement.

This has resulted in sgd80 remaining as balance in grab-pay while I have left singapore & returned to india on 13apr17. This amount would not be usable by me & will be a complete loss to me. Could you please arrange to refund the amount to my credit card account since I do not live in singapore & do not anticipate to revisit in near future. Further, my singtel tourist sim +[protected] was also valid for 10 days until 15apr17 & must have got deactivated.

Kindly refund me the excess amount of sgd80 in my grab-pay account which wouldn’t have been the situation had your drivers charged their amount thru my grab-pay account correctly.

Thanks for your understanding & help,

Warm regards,

Partho kayal
+[protected]

• Updated by Partho Kayal · May 02, 2017

Disappointing response via e-mail from Grab reproduced below :

Ong Tze Meng Eric (Grab)
    Apr 30, 21:43 +08
    Dear Kayal, Partho (GE Transportation),

Thank you for writing in to Grab.

Currently we are unable to refund the amount unused in the Grab pay credits.

This option is not available at the moment.

Sorry for any inconveniences caused.

Thank you for your support and we hope to be of service again soon.

Best Regards