GrabCar / GrabTaxi / picky grabcar drivers

Philippines Review updated:

Since Uber is under suspension, Grabcar should have used the opportunity to secure the market share of riders. Instead your drivers have given a bad impression to the riding public. They are picky just like the taxi drivers. They should understand that the reason why riders such as myself is taking Grab is because taxi drivers are "Picky".
I was trying to get a ride yesterday (16.8.17) and I could see the app was pushing it to several drivers who refuse to accept. When one finally accepted, he cancelled the booking after a few minutes. So fine, I booked again. This time, more drivers are refusing to accept. When one again finally accepted, he cancelled after just a few seconds that I did not even got to see his name or plate number. I just read his car is a Toyota Innova. This is so frustrating !!
Grab should disable the ability of the drivers to see the destination of the riders. Your drivers are picking riders based on destination (just like the taxi drivers which the riding public has now refuse to patronize). This is giving me all the more reason to choose Uber over Grab.

Eu
Aug 17, 2017

Comments

• Ia
      Aug 18, 2017

I also agree with your complaint - i believe that's a major competitive advantage of Uber over Grab. Uber app doesnt let drivers know the passenger's location before they accept the booking. Therefore, Uber drivers cannot be picky over the destinations. If Grab is really serious about giving the riding public a better and safer commute experience, the company needs to introduce the same concept to its drivers then figure out other ways to increase incentives. You need to step up your game, Grab!

• Ia
      Aug 18, 2017

I'd also like to add that i have several officemates with the same sentiments regarding the pickiness of Grab drivers - in adition to the higher fares of Grab vs Uber, the pickiness really isnt justifiable. Please do something about this, Grab

• Tr
      Aug 21, 2017

I totally agree i encounter it before

• Ge
      Aug 23, 2017

AGREE 100 PERCENT THAT GRAB IS SO PICKY AND VERY ANNOYING. I JUST ENCOUNTERED AGAIN TODAY WHEN I TRIED TO GET ONE THIS MORNING FROM MAKATI TO UP DILIMAN. I WAS ABLE TO GET GRAB IN FEW MINUTES BUT THEN WHEN THEY SAW MY DESTINATION THEY CANCELLED MY TRIP. REALLY PISSED ME OFF. REALLY ISNT JUSTIFIABLE. LTFRB SHOULD REGULATE GRAB FOR THIS OR EVEN PUNISH THEM ALSO BECAUSE THEY ARE MAKING COMMUTERS MISERABLE.