GR Nutrition/Vitapower / Unauthorized charge!

United States Review updated:
I noticed today that there was a charge on my account from this company.... I called the number listed with the charge and found out it was for "Vitapower vitamins" from (Guthey-Renker Nutrition) that I had not ordered but was attached to a separate order I had attempted to make in Feb 2007, but canceled during the ordering process. So when I called today to investigate the charges I got to speak to a representative that was in Pueblo, Co. named Tim. He was somewhat helpful when asked how about my account.. he was able to give me my misspelled name..my incorrect, but somewhat close address, and no telephone number. He told me the charges were for Vitamins I had ordered... when I told him I have not ordered Vitamin, ever! He said that I must have and game me the order date and that I had ordered these when I had ordered another product from another company. I asked him what the total charges were and he stated $276.51 had been deducted from my account since February 2007. I gasped in disbelief that I had totally missed catching this up till now. When asked how I could get the charges reversed he said nothing but the last 2 charges of $33 could be reversed... and only if the product was returned. Over and over I pleaded with Tim to help,requesting to speak to someone in who could give me more than dates and numbers, he said He was my only option and offered me the correspondence address. When I told him I didn't want to send a letter, I wanted to speak to someone he became rude and started repeating himself about what the correspondence address was. I am sick to my stomach at the fact that some bogus company can take from me that much money without my consent. I feel powerless.

Beware!

Comments

Va
  14th of Jan, 2007
I want to stop getting Vitapower but never get an invoice to know how to stop the shipments. I've asked my bank about it but the charges keep coming. How can I stop this! Plz advise smb!
Al
  14th of Feb, 2007
I am in the same boat with you. I would also like to stop these shipments but never get an invoice. This is quite strange. I would appreciate if you could give me more information on how to stop these crooks.
Thanks.
Al
  14th of Feb, 2007
I found their Toll free number which you can actually call and cancel: i-888-684-9660. You can also go to this website and call their corporate office: www.guthy-renker.com/contact/php
Sh
  21st of Feb, 2007
I, too, have problems with getting shipments stopped. I've called to cancel, returned in the mail with message and yesterday received another shipment. They continue to use my credit card information when I've canceled my order. Can this company be reprimanded in any way?
Pa
  8th of Sep, 2007
I am receiving a product I did not order and there is no contact information to stop the product. I am wondering if they can be stopped by calling our credit card provider and asking them to deny charges? Bright ideas smb?!