GPM Merchandise Direct / credit card fraud

1 Wallingford, CT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-366-6397

My bank account was charged $42.89. I called the number and asked what it was for. It took a long time for the person to give me and answer and then said it was for Bumpits, for the hair. I told them I did not order it and they said it was already shipped and that I would have to send it back for credit. Well, I have never received anything and I am stuck with the amount already taken out. I am considering cancelling my card and getting another number. I pulled this company up on the internet and you should check out the complaints they have on these people. And obviously they are getting by with it.

Comments

• Bu

BUMPITS.com
    1.866.741.2091
    PO Box 3179
    Wallingfod, CT 06494

Charged my account an UNAUTHORIZED amount of $69.78 and then a customer svc representative named CHRIS employee ID # 665 had the AUDACITY to placate me, back talk me and refuse to let me speak to his supervisor BONNIE. I have since filed a complaint with the Wallingford, CT Better Business Bureau (BBB) and recommend that anyone else who has a complaint do the same. BBB can be contacted at 203.269.2700. They can fax you a complaint form so that all of BUMPITS unauthorized stealing of people's money is historically documented.

27th of May, 2009

BTW: I have also contacted the editor at InStyle magazine, the source of the Bumpits.com advertisement where I first found the company, to lament my concern of Bumpits.com BELLIGERENT and FRAUDULENT unauthorized stealing of my money and their rude customer service solution. The editor can be contacted at: letters@instylemag.com .

Please take the moment to document any complaints against BUMPITS.com.

27th of May, 2009

InStyle Magazine's Managing Editor is Ariel Foxman and their Beauty Director is Amy Synnott-D'Annibale. They can be reached by email above or by phone at: 212.522.1212

• Cr
      8th of Jun, 2009

My debit card was charged $57.97 on June 4 AND I DID NOT ORDER ANYTHING. SO I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

• Cr
      8th of Jun, 2009

I was charge 57.97 on my debit card for what I do not know. And when ever I call the phone # beside the infor. in bank acc.wasn't to them. How can I get this crap off my debit card and get my dang money back. For I have NOT ordered anything.

• Fa
      22nd of Oct, 2009

Iam complaining due to the charges after sending emails and trying to call and getting a different answer each time. Charges of 52.80 and 28.90 for perfect brownie pan. If I ever receive the merchandise I am sending it back and I will talk to my bank about this fraud charges and hopefully they will not submit payment. Plus these charges I have been charge bank charges of 105.00 which if I have to sue will include plus the time I have spent trying to get them to cancel these items and refund my account. Faye Shamblin

• As
      26th of Jan, 2010

tHIS COMPANY CHARGED TO MY DEBIT CARD WHEN I WAS TRYING TO ORDER THE CAT EMERY BOARD VIA THE WEBSITE LINK FROM AS SEEN ON TV SITE. THE PAGE LOCKED UP, IT WOULD NOT CONTINUE TO COMPLETE THE ORDER. NO CONFIRMATION OF THE ORDER THRU MY E-MAIL ADDRESS OR ANY OTHER METHOD OF COMMUNICATIONS. I TRIED TO CALL AND CANCEL ORDER AND WAS TOLD THE ORDER SHIPPED. IF I WOULD ACCEPT THE ORDER A CREDIT OF TEN DOLLARS WOULD BE CREDITED BACK TO MY ACCOUNT. I WANTED TO CANCEL, I WAS TOLD TO RETURN THE PRODUCTS AND PAY SHIPPING AND TRACKING AND THEN I WOULD BE GIVEN THE CREDIT. I GUESS I WILL WAIT AND SEE. I WILL CONTACT MY BANK SO THAT THIS COMPANY CAN BE PUT ON THE LIST OF COMPANIES THAT ARE COMITTING FRAUD. I HAVE LEARNED TO ONLY ORDER FROM COMPANIES THAT I HAVE PREVIOUSLY ORDERED FROM BEFORE.

• Jr
      30th of Jan, 2010

I recieved a charge of $35.85 on my husband's debit card from GPM Merchandise Direct and nothing has been ordered from this company, never heard of it. When I tried to call, I keep getting a customer service recording with business hours but can't ever get through to a live operator. I have just had some unauthorized charges on my debit card which my bank is currently reversing the charges but I've had to cancel my debit card, I've had no means to my money, and I've had to worry about other charges and insufficient funds on my checking account. J.Miller

• Mz
      6th of Mar, 2010

I was just checking my account and was charged 24.90 for nothing, even though its not much its mine and I want ever penny back from them. I hate thieves, they made me sick, FIND a real job instead of taking from others.

• Mr
      6th of Apr, 2010

same 38.85 story for me only they had the number to a john deer company on my statement instead of the correct GPM number which was the name on my statement

• Da
      13th of Mar, 2011

My card was charged $48.96 by gpm. I never heard of them nor did I order anything. This is a ripoff.
    Dave in Albany OR